Sick of Instant Death from C4 Faeries?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jac70, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Jaquio

You're trying to lone wolf as a tank. That is a recipe for failure, both in game and in real life. Tanks don't operate alone.

Yes, because I'm sure your tank is slowly tickling the infantry you're attacking to death.

And don't tell me you're attacking other tanks, because you're not. Tanks fighting other tanks dance around spastically, running over infantry all around them, both friend and foe. Which is why LA C4 fairies don't attack tanks in tank duels.

The only time tanks sit still when "trying to flank" is when they're farming infantry.

Ultimately, the problem is you think "instakill" means an instantaneous kill, when it in fact is the result of a long effort by the enemy to kill you while you remain blissfully unaware of your surroundings. Chances are they could add a one minute timer to the C4 charge and you'd probably still die.
    • Up x 5
  2. Wentonfeydon

Try C4ing tanks and see how often you spend a decent length of time just trying to reach one to C4.

Only tanks that camp too close/in easy spots to drop down on get C4ed very often.
    • Up x 4
  3. NoctD

C4 shouldn't be droppable while jet packing. LA's aren't even allowed to ADS while on their jet packs. Just change C4 to be only droppable when you're on ground and not up in the air. LA's that can sneak up can still kill a tank, but it wouldn't be some ridiculous advantage like they have now. They could still climb a building, then land on the roof and drop C4 from there even.

C4 is broken because of how easy it is to use when you're flying around as a LA.
    • Up x 2
  4. Targanwolf

I've put 4 c-4 on a sunderer......exploded it....and it did not kill it.. BTW (to carry 4 c-4 you don't fly...you run up and hope).
  5. SpartanZero

C4 functions perfectly normal. I've been killed many times while planting an trying to avoid instant death before the arming timer is ready for detonation, I've been killed by plenty of tanks, MAXs an vehicles while doing this. The risk, is worth the reward. Albeit at risk of counter point arguing the issue for Light Assault users with C4. Perhaps a workable fix would be a 1 brick limit for LA users. I mean they're Light Assault an would prevent the double brick detonation death, as well require teamwork as LA to takedown vehicles.

HA/MEDic/Engineer can carry 2 bricks.
    LA can carry 1 brick. C4 fairy crying resolved.

C4 damage output is working as intended an should not be touched. If anything the radius on C4 is too short.
    • Up x 1
  6. BetterFasterStronger

I find C4-ing extremely annoying, but it's good for the balance overall.
    I kill enough with my tank play anyway.
  7. CARunner

I think that getting up to a tank is hard enough for the player with c4 ... the c4 using player has to sneak outside enemy fire and not get killed before getting to your tank. Now imaging the player does not get any reward for doing all the sneaking and dodging to blow up your tank and instead just damages like 50%.......
    It's not easy using c4 , you have to know how to use it and use strategy and techniques
    to drop some c4 without getting killed.
    I'd say c4 needs to be available for a 3 level upgrade....
  8. NoctD

Not really. Even with a single C4 an LA fairy can cheese so much... not against vehicles, but against other infantry. I think making C4 only deployable when you're on the ground is a better choice overall to removing the C4 cheesefest.
  9. Tuco

You people a problem seeing bright tracers coming from large objects?
  10. FieldMarshall

If you are doing this:
    Then this:
    Doesent happen. Nobody pops out of nowhere, and if you get C4d in the open then thats just bad awareness and totally avoidable.
    In fact, with radar most C4 is avoidable.
    • Up x 2
  11. SpartanZero

Just imagine, Recon kits with C4... oh the tears...
  12. I play by many names

Says a guy in a tank likely OHKing infantry. Hypocrite. QQ more. Ect ect. As soon as tanks lose all the cheesy OHK abilities they have, then maybe we can change C4.
  13. XsolarflareX

I'm definitely of the mind that c4 itself is in a good place although when I tank, which is a lot of the time, I still get frustrated by the attacks that come from seemingly nowhere. Yes, these do happen. Counters to this is basically sit somewhere open, where you can see what's going on. Honestly, that makes it worse.
    My other major playstyle in planetside is actually tailor made for this. I fly a galaxy, and have for the last few months been ferrying light assaults around destroying sundy's and tanks without mercy. it's incredibly easy to **** some poor tankers run. You sit up high, survey out the scene, pick a target then simply hold fast over him at 100 to 200 meters. Light assault hops out, a few seconds later, kaboom. Respawn, reset redo.
    This is with one person. Now imagine this times 5 or 6. Armour clears out real quick.
    So yes, it can get really frustrating from the tankers point of view. Only problem is how do you fix it so it's fair to everyone?.
  14. Iridar51

Sitting on roof watching all around, trying to flank targets. Keeping a distance. Picking your shots. BOOM.......

Out of nowhere a tank just obliterates your LA. No warning just yet another instakill from the world of Planetside 2. What would change this effect? Not much as I see it. The tank would still be able to finish you off, it would just give you that slim chance of survival. They'd still be able to OHK infiltrators and kittens. It would give Light and Heavy Assaults say half a second to respond to and it would mean Engineers were less vulnerable to instant destruction from one guy with 350 resources worth of metal.

It's instakill vehicles that really frustrate in this game and I think a small change like this could alleviate some of that frustration.
    For those tempted to say L2P, situational awareness or counter vehicles with vehicles let me just say :cool:
    • Up x 5
  15. Alarox

My problem with C4 isn't that you die from two bricks. That is fine.

My problem is how much damage a single brick deals. It shouldn't do 70-75%.

That, and the fact that I can jump out of aircraft and literally farm tanks who have absolutely no idea I'm coming.
    • Up x 5
  16. Alarox

People can jump out of aircraft which is unavoidable. That is the only exception.
    • Up x 1
  17. Xasapis

I doubt the developers will change how C4 operates. It's a QOL feature for infantry gameplay that doesn't affect tank vs tank combat.
  18. Kunavi

I agree with almost everything here, defending infantry players' rights to retaliate or initiate a counter strategy(*Cough*) to being farmed(Same levels of strategy here). I simply disagree with how it's carried through. Make the AVs more threatening to vehicles, not a guy with a jump jet and a brick of C4, coming at you after bailing from an ESF.

So the AV MANA is fine it seems, MAX too(Except Fracs, these are useless and if you get rekt by Fracs you need to reassess your whole approach and reactions), I'm talking about HA here. It's just not threatening enough and definitely I would pick rolling C4 Fairie instead of that to deal with vehicles. Which is just wrong. I understand foot soldiers sticking C4 on you if they can(Meaning you were not aware enough), what I don't understand is the whole LA+C4 thing.

At least limit it to 1 C4, follow the logic why SOE don't buff HA AV capabilities(There can be more HAs for free, than vehicles BlahBlah and so on). Specifically for LA I mean. Or just don't give them C4 at all. I'd explode less to Infiltrators with C4 than I already have to LAs with C4, think about that for a while.

LAs are the problem IMHO. And cheap bailing out of ESF or what have you.

Edit : That said, I would also have no issue with C4 taking a while to place instead of just tossing it.
  19. Xasapis

Dumpfires are the third highest reason MBTs die after MBT AP cannons and C4. Heavies are lethal all right.
  20. Kubin

[IMG]

Maybe we shall go one step further? Make a C4 only deployable like the turrets / beacons / spotters so you can't place it on vehicles or uneven terrain?

Good one, man. Good one.

And keeping to the thread: Like the others said: You are OHKing many footsoldiers from hundreds of metres away so you have no right to cry over a soldier who has to get to you, sneak up on you and drop C4 which has to be replaced after one destroyed tank as opposite to your cannon ammo which can dispatch many soldiers before you have to resupply.