Average/Good KPM?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kunavi, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Liberty

I've found several times now that I've hit my personal peak (to the point where I wasn't really improving from playing more) and it was to an extent hardware related. For a frame of reference, when I upgraded my comp, mouse and really started to tweak my settings, I went from a 4.5 K/D @ 60 KPH to 6-8 K/D @ 80-90 KPH. And that was going from 30-60 FPS to 120+, things were worse when I was on my TR (with the 15-30 FPS).

Everyone's peak will be a little different, and it will depend on how you play / who you play with.

But if you were to use that as a frame of reference and say you would see similar improvement from getting a decent rig to run above 60FPS at all times, (as you said you were playing medic) a 4.0 weapon K/D with 60 KPH would probably put you in the top 5% of all players.
  2. Posse

I wouldn't even bother playing the game if I had 15 FPS tbh, I don't know how you find that playable at all.
    • Up x 1
  3. UnseeyingEye

No, he is right. He is a bad and he will never be good. Why? Because he has a defeatist attitude and seemingly lacks any self belief.
  4. Kunavi

If you want to be in the tier of good players ~45-60 KPH and 2.5 K/D with your heavy is a great place to start. Accuracy should be ~22-26% and a LPK of ~10-11 with 143 damage weapons.
    Interesting. My accuracy I have completely destroyed due to tendencies aforementioned; For instance yesterday I was entering rooms pre firing that MCG like a maniac, because MCG! I wish it sounded better... So the only real measure I have is from personal observations... GL with that. Oh and I ruined my KD as well but I'll get it back up, it was fun using the MCG after so long ;) No idea what LPK stands for or what mine is!

Things can of course be padded, but there are ways of looking to see just how much you are padding. (Weapon K/D vs MedKit deaths, KPH vs MedKit equip time, high accuracy stats but average LPK). Generally you want all three to be that that level.
    Good thing I never carry MedKits nor RestoKits! I was considering it recently, since I think I prefer running from MAX than blowing them up(And often failing depending on the MAX, its servants and the environment, so it's random).

As for accuracy... In my opinion it doesn't matter. Your accuracy can be above 30 and you can still be terrible, or it can be in the low 20s and you can destroy everything. If it's below 20... Well, yes, you probably need to work on your aim.
    I think I agree a bit more with the people claiming that as a raw stat it's overestimated, the circumstances a player is often in should be taken into account. That said I'm well aware than you are, as far as "Good average indicative values" go, right; I need to start improving my accuracy such as it is on the Players Page... Regardless whether I can aim or not, in between YOLO and SWAG moments of much DAKKA.

My accuracy sucks but my saving grace is that my positioning skills are decent from watching other much better players play and aiming in the general direction of the enemy's head.
    True, you can compensate by becoming better in other skills if you have lousy aim.

And like accuracy it doesn't show proper aim. That is your speed and consistency of snapping and tracking, it just shows the discipline that it takes to only shoot when you are guaranteed to hit.
    ...Of which I have none and I think I would not enjoy the gun play if I acquired any! About snapping and tracking, I could use some practice admittedly.
  5. Bape

im ****** fantastic in this game because I do not care about accuracy or KPM I just tend to shoot anything until they drop in the ground including my own faction.
  6. KnightCole

Shooting your own factions makes you utter ****........sorry, but TKing is ******** on all accounts...
  7. SerasVic

No, his main is NC, so TK is fine. TK is a cultural value in NC.

becoz freedum
  8. LibertyRevolution

You are not a bad...
    LibertyRevolution is a Bad:
    [IMG]
    And that is playing on alert continent with 50% pop XP bonus as a Cyclone Heavy with maxed adrenaline and nanoweave... :rolleyes:

Then again, life is slightly easier on Connery...[IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. KnightCole

Yeah, I began to see that......I dont fly like that....
  10. DrBash00

.... it seems you dont understand how "random" players spawn.

If you let a sunderer set up for some time, "randoms" will spawn there, and the number will increase over time.

Your option was basicly Nr4 "I am the superhero, i kill everybody and everything i dont need strategy i am the terminator".

But i was setting up the question for all non-immortals like me and all the other humans here.

And my point is this, what increases your KDR is probably not the best for your team/empire/the alert.

And it is also ok to fight the guys who spawn at the sunderer or just farming them without harming the sunderer, it is ok!!!!
    If this is fun, go for it, because all this game should be is fun!

But if you want to mesure "skill" on things like KDR or KPM you need to think in a whider arc and not only High KDR = High skill.
    This isn´t true.

Btw. I am MrBasher on miller with a ~3KD and PurpleBasher on Cobalt with ~4,6KD so it seems like i am much more skilled as a Vanu. Oo
    So i am not "defending myself" here, but KDR or KPM are just invalid instruments to mesure skill (or every other statistic i know) it can be an indicator but nothing more!
  11. KnightCole

I know there is more to skill then high KDR. Things like situational awareness, helping allies out, grabbing a medic when you need to, healing up MAXes, competently able to play multiple classes, knowing what to pull and where to put it...having the strategic goal in mind and knowing what to do to win an alert and able to pull off the proper tactics to win......there is no 1 single thing to truly display a player's skill, but you dont get a 4 and 5 KD by being a bad.

Ofc there are ways to farm up a high KD, some are artificially inflated, like alot of pilots, and they show how inflated thier KD is everytime you manage to get them out of their planes and it just seems so effortless to kill them over and over again.....
    • Up x 1
  12. Klypto

A good KPM for Vanguard AP is about .6 or just over one kill every two minutes.
    • Up x 1
  13. BillHaverchuck

Do yourself a favour and dont be stat slave.

I am happy if I dont die often and pull off amazing kill streaks or single kills but without playing it safe... Playing safe is boring.... And it doesnt matter if I do those streaks within hours or within minutes...
    • Up x 1
  14. DrBash00

100% True, fun must be NR1!
  15. Bape

If you run in my line of fire or be running around by the enemy you are going to get shot down by me.
  16. Kunavi

Don't be a stat slave / True, fun must be NR1!
    DO bother to read what I've replied so far, wherein you'll certainly be able to notice both my sentiment towards such sermons and my views, presented clearly and nicely. Rest assured, your fun is not superior to mine- We're both having what we want, of the two of us only one came here to enforce their opinion of what fun is, on the other. Think on these things a while.
  17. miraculousmouse

Check Liberty's post describing how his gameplay improved as he improved his FPS/sensitivity etc. etc. He went from a 4 kdr at 60 kph when playing at 30-60 fps and now sits at an 80-90 kph and a 6-8 kdr with 120 fps. His stats were even lower when he had below 30 fps, but still very good probably. Pulling your stats with your fps is impressive, I probably couldn't do the same. If you upgrade your system in the future and do all of the other tricks you will probably be a 3-4 kdr player easy.
  18. patrykK1028

50 kills per minute? Are you sure?
    I have 2% accuracy on my Engineer and ~10% on Medic. Accuracy stats are useless in this game.