Tank main gun tracers missing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dngray, Nov 24, 2014.

1. dngray

I can't gauge my tank shots because the main gun tracers have been missing since the last patch. Also sometimes the portal plasma doesn't appear. Is this a known bug or what.
    • Up x 3
  2. Alarox

They know about it. Whether or not they will fix it soon is undetermined.
    • Up x 3
  3. Eklipse2k2

With SOE's track record, I doubt it'll be anytime soon. I'm still finding that the seats in my tanks and harassers have faulty ejection seats installed. -.-;
    • Up x 1
  4. Dhabu

Also happening to me; I posted to the Bugs forum about it if you want to contribute there.

Hope it gets fixed soon; it's super disruptive, and happens a lot (like 50% of all shots, in all tanks, every time).
  5. ronjahn

Considering it is affecting tanks in a way that makes it harder to kill infantry, I feel like SOE will turn this into a feature.

Similar to how they made the ejection bug a feature that can only be nullified by wearing Safe Landing Implants. We've been asking for meta, now we've got it!
  6. NoctD

I got ejected out of my Lightning yesterday. WHEEEE - NOT!

And the tank shell tracers being MIA at times especially during busier fights is definitely in game, it seems to hit the Magrider the worse though.
  7. Calisai

Meh... I think that's because you are constantly having to make first shots in a Mag, since most of the time you are moving. So its just more noticeable.... it probably happens just as often.

Btw... I had the same missing tracers while using a comet max the other day.... I'd double shoot and only one of my projectiles would be visible... confused the hell out of me until I realized it was the exact same bug. Didn't think to record that... I'm betting all weapons are exibiting it, but its much more noticeable with single-shot extremely visible tracers like Mag and Comet max, etc... If a few are missing from a burster max or SMG... you wouldn't notice it as much.
  8. Champagon

The whole tracer thing is pretty annoying, I can't correct for missed shots or aim at far away armor.

As a tip for other tankers during this bug, find where your shots land from about a 50m shot, say a tree. then base all of your "real" shots off of that one. It's worked for me. But I am still "crap shooting" it

Who knew tracers were so useful
  9. TerminatorUK

Agreed, thus is my #1 pet hate right now and needs a hotfix asap to fix - very frustrating; hope they find a solution soon.