How much PS2 can you get for the price of 1 COD?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inex, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Frostiken

Except you're missing the point that that's literally half the fun of COD / BF - the weapons are extremely different, they're cool-looking and if you're a gun guy, it's fun to use your favorite guns. In order to unlock stuff with them, you have to use them, which introduces a learning curve you have to get used to, which again, shakes up gameplay and takes you out of your element.

The vast majority of the guns in PS2 are all the same ******* gun with extremely minor differences. Oh look, I have five less bullets in the magazine on this one, but its bullet travels at 620 m/s instead of 590. WOW. They also all generally look and sound like they were made by an amateur developer for some indie game. I get the feeling that if you swapped the models, effects, and sounds between the guns randomly, most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between most of the guns.

Does everyone like the unlock grind? Of course not. But it kept me playing BF3, and I liked using curious weapons that were underplayed. In PS2 I just don't care about having more guns. I just randomly slap on the same attachments and there's generally just one gun you ever need. Christ I'm happy with 90% of my arsenal just being NS weapons.
  2. Frostiken

And they never, ever will.
  3. Inex

Nobody does. It's just a Skinner box technique. People love to get stuff, but wanting to grind just for the hell of it probably indicates some mental damage.

True. I have no idea if I'd ever be able to tell the difference between the Eridani and the Gauss SAW. :p

Which is only slightly more sarcastic than it sounds. Every class of weapons have two really distant options: Lynx vs AMC, GR-22 vs A-Tross, Phantom vs Parallax, and so on. So every weapon has one or two others that are very close, but usually also has one or two that are far enough away you'd notice the change.
  4. AdmiralArcher

then leave, be gone...take your distrust and your doubts elsewhere the community doesnt need people like you