ESF Stealth

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by P1GG, Nov 23, 2014.

1. P1GG

Is stealth worth using when it's not fully certed? it jumps from 200 certs to 1000 certs for max level, and it looks like max level is where it's at since it makes you completely invisible on the radar when not firing. I'm just trying to figure out if I should unlike the first 3 levels now since I have enough, or just keep using auto-repair until I get another 1000 certs.
  2. Leftconsin

I actually think max level stealth is OP right now on an ESF. You can easily sneak up on anything.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dieter Perras

^so I think that'd be a yes XD
  4. Cz4rMike

For someone who is used to NAR, using stealth meant I had to land often to repair which was kinda weird. BUT hiding from someone or staying unseen is great :D... For a rushing vortek reaver it's a must I guess, gives you a lot of jumping advantage.
  5. P1GG

Just realized I said unlike instead of unlock. WTF?!

Yeah it sure is. But is the 3rd level worth using, or should I wait until I can afford max level?

Actually, this is for my TR character(I probably should have mentioned that). I used to be heavily reliant on NAR, but it is only level 1 on my TR, and tbh I don't think it's worth upgrading since it is really just for convenience. Granted, max level NAR and fire suppression means I can play an LA and bail before getting shot down, but I'm not very concerned about KDR atm.
  6. FieldMarshall

I would keep auto-repair on until you maxed your stealth.
    But then again, im not that good with ESFs anyway so im not qualified to say.
  7. desktop

Will a level 4 stealth esf show up with an engagement radar?
  8. Govedo13

No idea and you should also not care because none of the people that can fly uses engagement radar.
    Personally as bad pilot stealth increased my survival rate at least 5 times both for aa and ag usage.
    I see nar after the nerf useful only for fly aces that play only aa and use afterburners mostly. It is plain impossible to avoid taking any damage in Esf fight for 12 seconds for most pilots compared with the old 8 second timer. Nar works well vs libs if you keep your range but still stealth confuse them more and force them to keep spotting reducing the Dalton aiming time.
    Even level 3 stealth is great and sufficient enough for ag setup since you does not hug your targets.
  9. P1GG

Very tempting. The added lock-on time would also be so useful, since I run with fire suppression. I think I will go for it.
  10. Yuukikun

WTF?!!!!!!!

[IMG]
  11. Demigan

Just look at the distance at which you are autospotted. And at the distance you are usually from your enemy. Even if you do get close enough for an auto-spot they still need to have been paying attention, because in aircraft terms you are right on top of them. the second-to-last level is great, and if you want to be a bit cheaper you can stick with it.
  12. Cyrek

Scout Radar works well with Stealth since flares won't be available, then hide yourself among the trees like those in amerish, I have often seen enemy ESF fly above me like I wasn't there. Free tip from me.
  13. Govedo13

Demigan this is true for especially ag anti infantry use only ,also Stealth 2 wont work well against AP tanks and skyguards.
    However if you want to sneak in 1 m behind enemy ESF and oneclip it with your rotary cannon you just need the last level. Also there is bigger chance in lets say 2v2 or 3v3 or bigger ESF vs ESF engagements to run clear to reapair and safe your ESF because the enemy ESFs go first against your friendly autospotted ones or because you pulled some turn that puts you out of FoV altogether with the end of 9 seconds spot/shoot timer.

About the spot/shoot timer I do make sure to abuse it each time when I bomb infantry and vehicles with ESF- I go out of FoV then wait a bit to disappear from the map then attack from other angle- this is the only tactic that allows you to kill Skyguards and AA turrets 1 v 1.

So it is very practical to cert to the last level.