900mb vram and hitching

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by consciousvillan, Nov 22, 2014.

1. consciousvillan

hi i was recently given a factory over clockd nvidia 260 gtx with just under 900 mb vram to replace my aging nvidia 9800 1gb.
    ive been able to up my settings quite a bit and keep a good fps how ever im getting hitchin i think is related to having just under 900 mb of vram, i never had this issue with my 9800. even up graded to 8 gb of ram from 4.
    i really dont wanna play with medium texture. is there any settings in nvida control panal that might solve this issue.
    my system spec is amd 4350 fx 4.1 ghz, 8 gb ddr 3, and gtx 260 900 mb
    any help would be really apriciated thank you
  2. SierraAR

You're running a GTX 260 on high graphics? How are you even managing that with a decent framerate? My GTX 590 3GB cant maintain above 50FPS on high graphics in this game.
  3. toast2250

Run some monitoring software like Hwinfo for example and look for GPU core/vram load.

If its hitting 99%/999mb load then tone down the effects which affect the gpu core load, tone down the model quality which affects Vram load.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. consciousvillan

every thing is on medium except effects, lighting and texture quality (that are all on high).. shadows are off as is all other tick boxes.. i was able to run texture quality on high on my old gfx card but all other settings were on low.. i thought vram only effected texture quality.. i dont have this issue on bf 3 for instance
    i have my game looking the best it can with a decent fps id hate to have to turn anything down
  5. consciousvillan

will try that thanks
  6. user101

Nvidia does not support your cards anymore... ! You got to upgrade guy... 1 GB does not cut it anymore for a Vcard.
  7. consciousvillan

well according to that program it never uses more tha 80% or 700 mb of vram, gpu core load is at 99% but is that a bad thing

ps memory core load only hits 40 %
  8. consciousvillan

i was running the game well on low with effects on high and lighting on medium in 1300 by 766 with my 9800 gt with texture on high and render rate at 85 %
    now with the 260 ive got it at medium with lighting on high to the game runs great and dosent drop below 30 fps during massive fights the rest oof the time its between 40 to 50 fps at 1600 by 900 so u dont need a super rig too enjoy this game its just this minor hitching im not sure whats causing it
  9. SierraAR

Another thing to consider, now that I'm not half asleep, is that this game is very CPU intensive. It may not be your GPU with the issue, but the CPU. Or it may just be the game still has that hitching issue that's been affecting certain people for the past month now.
  10. BlackDove

PS2 uses 1.3GB of framebuffer for me. Its not VRAM! Its SGRAM.
  11. consciousvillan

is there any way of knowing what other than texture quality effects the cards ram or is there any thing else that could cause the minor hitching
  12. toast2250