Are Ultra Chargers overpriced? (Unfair to Free2Play)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRunDown, Nov 22, 2014.

1. TheRunDown

I haven't ever purchased a Charger via Certs or SC... but I have/had over 1000 certs free and I was weighing my options.

Before I begin, I would like to say I used to be a Pay2Unlock for almost 6months, but soon as I reach around BR50-ish.. I had all the Certs I needed and worked out which weapons were worth spending money on, not to say I didn't waste any money, I have a few I've brought and never used.. but as I said since I've stationed myself in this game and I am completely self independent, I don't need to spend money on unlocking "anything"..
    So I have every gun and weapons, some SC some Certs, but I don't own the black or gold version, don't believe in buying those.. even for my exceptional directive.

So anyway, seeing as I have everything I need I greatly benefit from getting duplicate implants at a silly rate, where as a freshmen or a lets say this delicately, a player who can't kill efficiently to gain a High K/D .. would spend many hours, days or even weeks earning the same Certs and Implantes at the rate I do, or any other Vet in PlanetSide 2. So I do not understand the huge Price on Ultra Chargers, seeing as the Core players of PlanetSide 2 have no need to spend Certs or SC on any of these items, and they are the ones that put money in to the game..
    It's only hindering the new or newer players, buy charging them such a ridiculous mount for something that is so to obtain by a more experienced player.

The 3 Pack of Implantes costs 100SC and 125Certs, and 5 Pack of Implants costs 150CS and 200Certs..
    And the Ultra Charger is 500CS and 750CERT!!! Why is the Ultra charge so expensive? I feel this is far to unfair for F2P players.

I think it should be 300CS and 350/400Certs for a Ultra Charge. (or around that)
    Isn't this boarder line Pay to Win? Especially for new Players?

Also, I do not use Boosts or Subscription Boost.

[IMG]
  2. ajma

Because anything that costs 500 SC must cost 750 certs.
  3. FateJH

A 5-pack of T1 implants costs 200 certs and can be crafted into a T2 implant. You'd need six 5-packs to craft an Ultra Charger, which would be 1200 certs. Paying 3/5 of the price sounds good to me.
  4. QuantumSerpent

If you're even remotely effective, you get more than enough chargers to cover your needs (I have about 100 score/min and I do fine, have never bought a charger or implant pack).
    • Up x 4
  5. tahn1000

just use the nano cycler to combine a second tier implant with a 3rd tier implant for an untra charger. otherwise combine a tier 1 implant with a tier 2 to get the super battery. between the free implants you get and the occasional free battery it will keep you charged most the time.
    • Up x 1
  6. Rtwpygbzstpqacihfd

Implants barely do anything man
    • Up x 1
  7. Foxirus

I am just going to say at this point in time.. Simply play the game and you can run T3 implants with no issue. By the time I burn 99k energy, I literally have enough chargers and implants to make up 120K+ energy. Its literally that easy.
  8. _itg

I'm confident you're not actually expected or intended to buy ultra chargers with certs. They just put the option in (and at the standard SC-cert conversion rate) to minimize the pay2win complaints. Frankly, I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy ultra chargers with either one, not only because it's really very easy to keep your implants powered, but because the benefits of doing so are minimal compared to 500 certs' worth of permanent upgrades to your character.
  9. BlueSkies

P2Win implies that somehow implants would make you win... at anything...
  10. Problem Officer

You don't need kills to get drops. At all.
    Unequip implant, switch to Medic/Engineer/Infiltrator and support people, or cert a Sunderer.
  11. RyanGUK

What the hell? I get tons of drops whenever I play, I've not bought one Ultra Charger. I started first off by merging T2 + T1 implants to get Super Chargers, then after a while I started culminating a fair few Tier 3 ones so I'd T3 + T2 them. It's really easy to get them if you just play in a squad and enjoy yourself.

Sure I get a membership boost, but that's literally all I have. I don't have any other boosts enabled.
  12. Rovertoo

I have more than I need completely free, without spending certs. Just combine your implants up into them.
  13. Mitheledh

Meh, I don't even use implants and I don't feel particularly disadvantaged. So no, they're not overpriced.
    • Up x 1
  14. Xasapis

I think I've crafted close to 50 ultra chargers so far, never had to use a single one and I'm running with implants on all my classes all the time.

For me it's kind of a non issue, since normal charger drops have always covered my energy expenses. So it is kind of baffling, both hearing the OP considering the purchase, and the SOE claiming that implants is a very good money stream for them.
    • Up x 2
  15. Mxiter

i don't have boosts nor sub, but i havn't problems to keeps implants energy at max level.
    My cherger stock even grows.
  16. FieldMarshall

I have never bought a charger before, but have too many of them. Craft a T2 and T3 imp whenever you can and it should sustain you.
    Im constantly topped off with max energy and my ultra charger stock never decreases. It goes up.

Not to mention the normal chargers that i never use and constantly drops. Hope the cap is higher than 999 or i will have to start using some soon.

The problem is that there is no real reason to buy chargers. Even if they were 100 certs each.
  17. BobSanders123

I don't know why you would even bother buying one in the first place.
  18. Rikkit

agree, there is no point in spending certs or sc for implnats or charger, you will get more than you will ever need for just playing the game. (ok, maybe you need ~1 week on a complete new charakter to make it work, but after that, who cares, about energy
  19. breeje

i almost never use implants
    so i have over 400 charges, 1 supercharger and 16 ultrachargers
    i wish i could sell them for half the price
    for the moment i even stopped to convert the double implants to charges
    wish i could sell them as well or trade them for something else, like a weapon or camo
  20. TeddyMan56

I don't think their overpriced, only requiring a tier 2 and tier 3 Implant to make them sounds like a steal for me. Even then you can power a tier 3 Implant infinitely with chargers and super chargers alone if your remotely useful. I really like the Awareness Implant on my max, it makes me armored spotting machine and it is funny to watch snipers take pot shots at me only to get a random spot bonus because they got counter sniped.