How to decrease resolution while maintaining aspect ratio?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Flamberge, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Flamberge

Anyone know how to do this? Due to my comp, I decrease resolution in order to get better performance, however, I can only change the width, but I am unable to change the height. I would like to keep my comp's 16:9 aspect ratio, but I can't. I run in fullscreen mode, and I have tried adjusting the height in the .ini but it always reverts the height to my monitors native height.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. DK22

With mine I just took my monitors native resolution 1920x1020
    and multiply them by a percentage, in my case 0.75, that gets me 1440x765
    and picked the closest one, 1440x768 from in the game.
  3. SGT-Bilko

One lengthy method I know to do this, is to use paint on a newer version of windows. Within the second list of buttons under the home tab is a "Resize" option, right in front of you - top left. Under Pixils with Maintain aspect ratio UNCHECKED, set your resolution and push OK. Then push "Resize" again, Check "maintain aspect ratio". Set the image size to your size in the 'Pixils" settings. Now as you adjust the Pixils they will automatically adjust to the perfect setting. I know this is a long dumb way, but I found it once while playing with my camera.

^yes this works lol, no matter how seemingly misleading the next post is from this post
  4. SGT-Bilko

Posted @ not OP, sorry, answered an answered question.

OP if you post the resolution you have, and what is offered I can keep your aspect ratio.
  5. Flamberge

That's not a problem, my native res is 1366x768, and since it is 16:9, I use this nifty site to maintain the ratio.

What is offered on the drop-down in game is:
    1024x768
    1280x768
    1360x768
    1366x768

As you can see, the game doesn't even give me the option to adjust the vertical res.
  6. FireclawX

Simple, set the game to run at native res and then lower the render quality till you reach an acceptable framerate.
  7. Flamberge

What if I already have render quality set to .25, and render distance @ 300. A no, buying a new comp isn't an option.
  8. SGT-Bilko

if your height stays at 768 through that list of resolutions, you can not possibly remain 16:9
  9. Flamberge

Yep. And that is my problem. The game is not allowing me to maintain my aspect ratio in any configuration other than my native res. I have tried changing it from the .ini file but to no avail.
  10. BlackDove

11. Flamberge

12. BlackDove

Thats bizarre but sounds like something ps2 would do lol
  13. Flamberge

Yep. But no worries, it will probably be completely fixed in the next patch. :p

But seriously, thanks for the help!
  14. SGT-Bilko

Hopes that an issue a single user is reporting will be fixed next patch are very unlikely. If I were you I would not stop looking for a solution.
  15. Flamberge

Right. The first line of my last post was sarcasm.

Any who, I will definitely not stop looking for a solution. Thanks for all the input you guys have provided!
  16. Rikkit

17. SGT-Bilko

So if I may ask is that site run by sony? Because I do not see sony.com in the domain. And thought it may say "secure", why in the world should I trust a foreign domain?
  18. SGT-Bilko

I only ask because I spend hours in these forums, and hours in game. If it is legit, might be worth my time and everyone elses. I would just like a reason to trust it.