Can my laptop run PS2?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by CL-32, Nov 21, 2014.

1. CL-32

*le first post*
    Hi everyone, now before you say anything; I'm aware that you can barely run Planetside 2 on a laptop. I was wondering if I can play PS2 on my laptop with full optimization (like all the unneeded processes and areo and things like that)

Specs:
    Video Card - 2GB DDR3 AMD Radeon™ R7 M260
    Processsor - 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4510U Processor (4M Cache,up to 3.10 GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
    Wifi - Wi-Fi® Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n)+ Bluetooth 4.0
    OS - Windows 8.1

I'm planning to attempt to run PS2 with Razor game booster (has worked in the past) and other things like that. Do you think running it off a laptop with these settings will allow me to play on medium with 20 FPS or over?

Hope to hear some advice and feedback
    Thanks in advance, Cl32
  2. Dualice

Hi there, and welcome to Forumside :)

My laptop struggles with 20-30FPS on low settings (thankfully I don't play Planetside 2 on it any more) but its specs are considerably lower than yours. It sounds like you should be able to get it running stably enough on those settings, but I'm no expert. I remember the Razr software being of some help.

Guess all you can do is try it and see. There are specific graphical settings that are more taxing than others, it always helps to play around with them in-game and see what works best without sacrificing picture quality or playability.
  3. FireclawX

While laptops aren't ideal, you can make them work.
    Personally, I'm playing on a Lenovo Y580 with the following specs:

Intel i7-3610QM @2.3GHz
    8GB RAM
    2GB Nvidia Ge-Force GTX 660M

I get about 40-60 FPS in small fights (24-48)
    and around 30-40 in larger ones (96+)
    *Note: I am playing @ 1080p @ the lowest settings, so your mileage may vary depending on your resolution and settings.

Also, be sure you use the "Core 0" fix, and run in Fullscreen mode.
    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/games/wil...s-wildstar-performance-by-disabling-cpu-core/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2m7prp/potential_speedup/