Planetside 2 Alt tab problem

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DocKubed, Nov 19, 2014.

1. DocKubed

Ever since the new windows update that came out today, planetside 2 will become unresponsive when i alt tab(nothing happens too, it doesn't bring me back to the desktop, it just stays on game screen, but i cannot move my character), also happens when i shift tab. The only way to go back to my desktop is to crtl alt del esc, but the game screws up my desktop resoloution(game res is 1080, desktop is 3k[native]) I cannot play planetside 2 without alt tabbing(to use teamspeak, chat with friends on steam) Help!
  2. DocKubed

Anyone help?
  3. Jac70

I had a similar issue. I used to be able to alt-tab just fine but for the last week or two when I do the screen goes black and when I release it just goes back to the game. Like you 'ctr-alt-del' is the only way to get to the task manager and once there I can minimize the game.

I run at native resolution so that is not an issue for me but what I have found is that the game will act strangely afterwards. Some of the keys seems to be re-mapped and pressing [TAB] doesn't bring up my scorecard, it seems to act as another afterburner button. I haven't found a solution, I have to restart the game and make sure everything is how it should be before I start up again.
  4. DocKubed

Ps2 was working fine before i updated my computer, is the problem at my end or windows/soe?
  5. Loken

I'm having the same problem. I've just done a complete rebuild just to check and with the latest drivers / updates and a fresh PS2 install earlier, it still craps out with ALT-TAB.
  6. SolarProphet

I've been on and off with tech support about this issue. After they kept giving me suggestion after suggestion, I decided to give up until the next update. This is beginning to get annoying
  7. DocKubed

Ahh, so i am not the only one. If you find the fix please post it here, so we can all enjoy the full experience
  8. Loken

I've tried a Win7 and an 8.1 install with just the latest drivers, no windows updates, etc. and both client installs have the issue.

Although it doesn't stop me playing, it is pretty annoying when it happens and usually means killing the PS2 client and restarting.
  9. Wafflepancake

I've this issue as well. To top it off when I Shift+Tab into steam overlay and come back all my controls stop working. Game still running but I cant move,click hit escape, redeploy..nothing :(
  10. DemonJnr

I'm getting the exact same issue. Have to kill the game through task manager when it happens. Shift+tab for steam overlay does the same thing.
  11. baka

The tabbing issue for me has been (maybe 20% occurance), when I Alt+Enter or Alt+Tab and then return to the game my mouse cursor stays the ingame arrow. I can not control my character or vehicle. Sometimes tabbing back and forth to the desktop clears it. Mostly I just log out at that point then decide if I really want to log back in.
  12. elnoja

i have the same issues with shift+tab .... I can play after i use it. The mouse moves but control or interface does not work
  13. Hynrig_YL10

When I use alt+tab to go back to e.g. TeamSpeak it works as it should.
    But when I try to go back, by clicking the icon on the taskbar PS2 crashes.

Anybody an idea what causes this problem?