ES Suit Slots.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DatVanuMan, Nov 20, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

YES, you read correctly.
    Now, I always wondered why each faction's soldiers didn't have empire specific characteristics that fit them; in other words, why don't the NC take more damage? Why don't the TR run more rapidly? Why aren't the VS more mobile than the other guys? The incoming ideas are only applying to the Heavy Assault, but I will surely make more as time progresses. Do remember that these are SUIT SLOTS, so the ES ones should not be terribly overpowered (Or at least not TOO much better). They will be far more expensive, and will be one-time purchases (As in, buy it once, and that's all the certs you have to pay). Also, these suit slots will have a visual, and by that, I mean they will be:
    An exo-suit for NC.
    Robotic boots for TR.
    An aquamarinish spandex suit for VS.

NC: Juggernaut Suit.
    As the name implies, this suit slot will obviously do something related to NC defense. What this suit slot will do is is boost both shields and health by 100 health each. Note that this may either be too little or too much, so if anyone here would step up and tell me whether this is trivial or broken, it should be slightly buffed if trivial, or should slow down the person's speed while in equipment. If any enemies dare stand in your path, do expect a warm flow of certs.

TR: Exo Boots.
    For ALL those accursed years in boot-camp, the TR just get wiped out by the NC in the trailer. Question is, WHY? What these boots do is pretty self-explanatory; those who purchase these boots are twice as rapid as other Heavy Assaults, and will be able to side-strafe in order to avoid harm. If any Terran soldier here even THINKS about consuming some MERs before using these suicidal contraptions, they WILL inevitably vomit their nanites out like bloody hell.

VS: Mobile Mesh.
    So, here's a nice spandex suit that has some nice coloring to go with it. However, do NOT underestimate this suit's power! With its 80% bonus reduction in fall damage taken, you no longer need to worry about falling down the Crown's balcony and losing ~85% of your health. Also, this little bonus synergizes well with its second benefit: You can now jump 35% higher. While you may be dreaming of all those wonderful flanks you can achieve, do be cautious! All that time in the air will surely attract some unwanted enemy attention.

So, those are my ideas for some HA suit slots. Comment, improve, and express your thoughts about them. Enjoy!:)
  2. Flapatax

TR suddenly becomes the best faction in the game, NC has an outfit or two, VS has maybe 3 confused people left playing it.

Edit: didn't read closely enough--you are proposing an additional 200 health for NC heavies. Holy lawlzy. Basically NC get prenerf nano back.
  3. Paragon Exile

You should probably remove VS from the game instead. The TR get the Vanu's only mobility trait, the NC get a straight upgrade, and the VS get to bounce.

I like the concept, but your ideas are a bit... unbalanced to say the least.
  4. Joonnnyy

your idea is basicly good, as in take a existing suit-upgrade and buff it for a single faction

the NC idea is fine( buffed nanoweave)
    the vanu could get the adrenaline pump with a buff, maybe your added jump/fallresistance, could be good to represent their "mobility trait"
    the TR could get the +ammo suit with added reload speed buff for all weapons, to compliment their "more dakka trait"

this way you have 3 different and hopefully balanced and interesting choices for each empire, although i wil not say anything about the exact numbers here, as that would require much finetuning
  5. Kubin

I regret that I don't have a time to elaborate but I think that the general idea is good but - like the others have said - that particular exaple isn't balanced. If I come up with something I'll write it down in here. Alternatively, DatVanuMan, you may PM me and we'll cook something up together as I find your general thinking much like mine.
  6. HLM

NC: Magical nanites grant the wearer complete invulnerability for 30 seconds. Useful for winning fights and not being dead.
    VS: Teleporter pack allows you to instantly teleport short distances. Useful for running away and shooting people in the back
    TR: Magnet boots secure the user firmly to any metal surface. Nothing gonna make you budge! Useful for.. hanging out on ceilings, I guess?
  7. ajma

FTFY
  8. z1967

TR suit slot seems like it would make .75 ADS heavies look easy when the TR heavies move at 200% the normal speed. Also, now they would be able to outrun a vanguard driving forward. Probably would be better if they reloaded faster or were far more accurate when standing still (but could still move if they wanted to) than that would be more balanced.

VS one looks pretty meh, not very strong and 35% higher jumps doesn't really allow you to get anywhere special. We already have implants that do the fall damage reduction thing, so that part is redundant. Maybe a suit slot that gives faster reloads and less FSM would be better imo. Kinda hard to give something unique because the one I am giving them is pretty much a copy paste of the TR ability.

NC one looks like all it will do is screw around with ttk charts. Just having 1010 HP will require almost every other gun in the game to shoot another bullet at you. 200 health would make the TR/VS need at least 2 shots more for every gun (also really messes up shotguns, some might need another shot to kill, which is something they can't afford to do). More health is hard to balance, and there aren't really a whole lot of better options.

Overall, probably would be better to modify these ideas to work as shields instead since the NC one is already in the game as NMG, a GRU (take more damage, but gain speed) like shield that can be flipped on and off could be interesting, and a utility shield is also not a bad idea.
  9. GrandpaFlipfox

More ES stuff is always(usually) good but those specific ideas, not so much. If we are just throwing ideas around I've always wanted to try an HA Aegis shield. It'd probably have to take the overshield slot to have any hope of being balanced. But still, an HA being the bullet sponge is a lot more appealing than wasting a Max as one.