Striker overnerfed, hotfix buff in a week. PPA useless after 1 month, ZOE useless after 1 YEAR.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Frostiken, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronin Oni

You realize that butfor the Magburner that Stock Vanguards are faster than Stock Magriders right?

Max Racer on both and the Magrider evens out.... BUT Rival is more important to Magrider than it is Vanguard, so there's more rival mags than rival vans (reverse and strafe speed is more important than forward speed and acceleration to a Magrider for combat) which leaves Magriders as the slowest vehicle in the game actually.

Mobile. But slow.
    • Up x 1
  2. TriumphantJelly

The Prowler is arguably (and statistically provably) the best MBT, but each to their own.
  3. TriumphantJelly

Serpent is good, but it's the same as the GD-7F. Also, the Lynx is nice, I think (only tried on PTS. Cougar. Done.
    No good AR? No, just we have to pay 4 times (or mathematically infinite [0*/ /= ERROR 1]) the certs for a good non-clone, and it comes pretty close.

But VS do have cool Higby too.
  4. ItsDangerous

Those words together hurt my head.

I dont drag race my tanks often against the other factions... BUT do a 3 point turn or just something simple like turning around "safely".

Mobility is speed, its like pitting a rally car against a stockcar on a logging road. In dun werk, but some ****** fan will always say the stock car is faster in everyway. Sure, everywhere thats not the real world.

Just my feelings (AS A MAG DRIVER)
  5. Plorf

This post is exaggerated but holds a lot of truths. PPA and ZOE were overnerfed and continue to be nerfed, we generally have the most lackluster infantry weapons (barring a couple), and the Magrider is underwhelming.

However I disagree on a few points. The Lasher is amazing if you use it correctly, especially in groups. It's the ideal weapon for holding down an objective against a large incoming force. Comets are actually surprisingly good due to the lack of drop, and the Vortexes are also good, though kind of boring considering it's just a Lancer variant. This is more of a case of Pounders/Ravens being OP. Also, the Lancer is quite good and is probably the best ESRL.
    • Up x 1
  6. TriumphantJelly

Can I get a translation?
  7. Ronin Oni

THey're 2 very different things

Magrider is mobile. It can change directions and traverse terrain easily. It can strafe without turning the tank sideways first. That's mobility

SPEED is just that. Speed. The Vanguard is 5KPH faster than a magrider stock. It gets from A to B faster. Also, as I said, many Mags will run Rival chasis for combat prowess (though Rival has been nerfed since I certed it over a year ago, and I don't use the mag enough to warrant dropping another 700 certs for racer which is roughly equal now) whereas almost every single Vanguard in the game runs Racer. This leaves Vanguards 20KPH faster than any non-racer Magrider.

However, for some reason, at least last time I checked which was months ago, Max Racer on a Magrider gives 20KPH instead of 15KPH like the other 2 tanks (I'm guessing to help make it more attractive since otherwise Rival is just better with strafe and reverse)
  8. ThreePi

Agree with the OP. The VS have absolutely nothing good. Everything is so bad that the VS are completely incapable of winning Alerts. I mean, look at the stats http://ps2alerts.com/ .

Wait, the VS win twice as many Alerts as the NC? The NC with the Godsaw, I-Win-Shield, Instagib MAXes? I guess the only logical explanation is that NC are all such terrible players that they lose with such blatantly OP weapons, but the VS are so amazingly talented that they can consistently win without any really useful stuff.
  9. Flapatax

Sarcasm aside alert wins come down to faction participation and leadership, not equipment.

When I play on my NC and TR, I'm absolutely stunned at the decisions being made in orders chat--and that's making the bold assumption that people are even trying to organize.
    • Up x 2
  10. Whiteagle

Well the biggest issue with ZOE was that, at first, it had very little downside for it's Major Buff...
    It had NO timer and was nigh instantly toggleable, meaning you could easily use the Speed and Damage Buffs to Nuke, then turn them off to Tank the retaliation.

That and the strafe speed ******* over Hit Detection didn't win the Vanu's Exploitation any sympathy.
    Now that it least has a Timer, I wouldn't be too troubled with it being buffed up a little, but the Vanu still fail to realize that the most useful MAX Faction Ability right now is the NC'S DIRECTIONAL SHIELD.

The new PPA on the other-hand isn't all that bad if you ask me.
    It's suppose to be a saturation Weapon, but the Vanu got too comfortable with it having constant laser accuracy which allowed them to spam it safely from a distance.
    Right now, the only thing wrong with it is that it has a Cone of Fire comparable to the Vulcan, when it should be at least as tight as the Banshee, as they are now nigh identical Weapons.

REALLY?
    I thought they were above the Van in Speed and just below the Prowler...

Still, you Vanu really don't appreciate the strafing your tank can pull.
    The reason I own an Annihilator instead of an Anti-Air Launcher is SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE of how hard it is to land a Dumbfire Rocket on a Mag!
    This is also why I'm somewhat disappointed in the new Striker, but at least the new Dumbfire Cone of Fire is random enough to get a single hit with one clip.

Oh I won't deny it's VERY Killy, just that it's not particularly TANKY.

The big boxy chassis is hard to maneuver and presents a big target no matter the facing, plus it's got the same Armor Ratings as the Magrider.
    Lockdown makes it an EXCELLENT piece of Artillery, but also anchors it in place, leaving the Shoebox Tank completely unable to get out of the way of incoming fire.
    And the fact that the Lockdown Buffs do NOTHING for the Secondary Weapon is just insulting!

Indeed, and this is my biggest gripe with the Prowler; Everything about it other than the Top Speed make it piss-poor at Mobility, where as the equally Armored Magrider can sidestep incoming fire and the Heavier Armored Vanguard is best armored on it's narrow, front profile.
    On TOP of this, all our Faction Specific Secondaries are CLOSE RANGE WEAPONS, so no Tanker wants to run them because they require suicidal hit-and-run tactics far better suited for the Harasser!
  11. JudgeNu

Yes..Yes I do.
    Where is that delete button? lol : ]

I have ONLY played NC, through thick and thin.
    I don't jump on bandwagons, envy the supposed greener grass.
    Make a decision and stick with it.
    If your weapons were OP, you are just going through a phase of learning to play, I suppose.

When they nerf the range damage on my Ravens I will deal with it.
    Idm, I only use them when mags think they can still sit on a hill and farm infantry.
    Youll have to move in closer and then ill can still use my ravens.
  12. RykerStruvian

VS don't deserve to get ZOE back. Serously, ZOE was OP for MONTHS and pretty much ruined the infantry game for a lot of people. When you have people openly mocking developers who were playing the game on opposite factions, not joking at all but really being cruel, you know that something is wrong with your game.

VS abused ZOE so hard, they should never be able to do it again. If you don't like how ZOE was nerfed, then maybe you shouldn't have abused it as much as you did. But you got what you deserved, so deal with it.

Even I had quit playing Planetside 2 just because having to always come up against ZOE MAXs in infantry fights pretty much ruined the game for me. It was not fun at all and made me really hate Planetside 2. I'm just now starting to come back to play it again after having quit it because of ZOE.
  13. Whiteagle

Indeed, I still love my Fractures even though everyone calls them trash!
    I don't care, they still allow me to reach out and (bad)touch Vehicles!
  14. Unsp0kn

Aw, now that your PPA farm master 3000 is nerfed you say the whole VS faction sucks? The devs hate your faction? Don't make me laugh.
    • Up x 1
  15. MostlySilent

I hate to be the one to tell you this.

The Striker is still pretty awful. I picked it up for 1000 certs because I really wanted to like it, I knew I'd almost certainly have an ML-7, but I loved the idea of it.

It's borderline masochistic using it. It's alright vs tanks, but pretty horrific in every other situation that isn't pegging sunderers and non-moving vehicles at slightly longer distances than the ML-7.

(I also didn't believe people claiming it was just awful vs air, it's velocity and coyote effect seemed like it'd be ezpzlmnsqz. They were right.)

So like, sure, it got hotfixed. It went from absolutely unusable and never going to accomplish anything (Couldn't even kill a Flash) to regular old terrible. I know someone is going to argue that it's still better than ZOE because ZOE just makes you die faster, but just like ZOE, there's still no reason to ever want to use the Striker other than you just really want to.
  16. TriumphantJelly

17. TriumphantJelly

Right then, Banshee should become useless, and the Striker should stay as it is. Ravens should lose all of their damage past 10 meters, and the NC MAX can't have anything ever.

See? It doesn't work like that. Now off you go and troll reddit, like everyone ('cept OP) else.
  18. Gammit

Stopped reading at default infantry primary weapons are useless.
    • Up x 1
  19. TriumphantJelly

In all fairness, aside from inter-faction clones and the Orion, it's true (to some degree).
  20. Foxirus

I got a hearty laugh out of this..

"I feel the full power of a gun with only 50 rounds who's trait that calls for it is only a .25 ADS over other faction equivalents!"
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.