Add animals to Hossin

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DahMagpie, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Unsp0kn

I'd rather the game play awesome-sauce than have animals that would literally serve no purpose other than some ooh-aahs then I'm over it. This ain't FarCryside2 (but the FarCry games are awesome.)
  2. Champagon

Nope, its just your hallucinations of old earth. You are slowly going crazy since you have died and rebuilt yourself via nanites so many times

DEEPEST LORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. WUNDER8AR

I suggest giant crustaceans with tentacles around their mouths. They would live in mountainous terrain and their main prey would be snipers obviously since they share the same habitat.
  4. FateJH

They look like plants to you? I see murderous anti-Vehicular traps, that are probably also radioactive.
  5. Wizlawz

animals? try playing entropia universe
  6. ColonelChingles

PS1 did have a plan to add in animals... but it was scrapped for one reason or another.

[IMG]

Anyhow, Far Cry had pretty fun animals to play around with, and they even had a tactical impact (you could trick a tiger into fighting your enemies for you). But mostly they just really made you freak out.

[IMG]

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. had a supposed mutant ecosystem where there were predators and prey. It was supposed to be very dynamic (animals would hunt and sleep based on need), but later they toned it down a bit to be more scripted.

[IMG]
  7. Scatterblak

I doubt this is possible. We can't even get moving doors - the processor overhead associated with moving bots around wherever there are players would be significant. For myself, I'd like to see weather - clouds, wind, rain, storms, etc.

Or doors that open and close would be nice. :)
  8. Scatterblak

The entire STALKER series was one of the greatest fps games ever - great atmosphere - genuinely creepy, it had the animals, lots of mutants, and the gameplay and storyline was unnecessarily complicated - in a good way. :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Archlyte

They would be fun, just make them de-spawn when the continent reaches a certain level of Pop. Anything they could add to Planetside to make it more like an MMORPG would be good in my book. Sometimes it gets boring being constantly pushed back by the VS. Would be nice to have other things to do instead of logging off.
  10. ColonelChingles

Soooo...

Now that AI turrets are being added to the game, it's pretty clear that all those cries of "PS2 can't handle AI" were quite unfounded. It is indeed possible to add AI to PS2, possibly even in large amounts. During the stress testing on the PTS, it wasn't the AI that caused any problems but simply the tracer fire from a massive amount of AI turrets.

H1Z1 is another example of the PS2 engine being able to support significant amounts of AI in an MMOFPS environment. It's quite obvious that the game can handle it.

So c'mon, give us animals already (optional ride-into-battle cert line)!

[IMG]
  11. TeddyMan56

This reminds of the conversation I had on hossin the other day about animals. I later substituted the NC for jungle critters, them space critters can put up a fight.
  12. Gemenai

Animal crossing was yesterday...
    Animal Hossin is the future.

Something like that?
    But yeah animals could be nice.
  13. Iridar51

What are you talking about, there's already lots of animals in this game.
    • Up x 2
  14. Targanwolf

OP
    I support your idea.....if the animals had a reason for being....like providing raw materials for CRAFTING :)
    (do I think that will ever happen ? H_ _ L NO )
    • Up x 1
  15. Naejin

It would be awesome if they could add animals as characters that you could log into and play. As long as they weren't faction specific. Could you imagine trying to cap an outpost and suddenly a T-Rexasoraus comes charging throught, stomping players indescriminately and chowing down on whoever it could catch (not just the lawyers). Both factions would have to stop what they're doing and work together to take down the beast, then go back to fighting each other once it was dead. Heck, screw capping points; you could organise hunting parties!
    • Up x 2
  16. Targanwolf

We wouldn't want to attract other types of players....might alienate the small shrinking base the game has.
  17. Ownasaurusrex

Alternate premise: nanite overuse and overexposure chases some NC and VS scum to succumb to a rare nanite infused cancer which creates monsters to fight.

NC zombies and werevanu diseases that screws up aiming and vehicle use for NC and VS.
  18. Bitterclaw2

Yep, let's add animals and get even more lag.
  19. xArchAngelx

Make a Battle Island that the main goal of the mission is to survive an Alien bug attack until a galaxy can arrive to take you back to the fleet:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  20. baka

There are butterflies. There are already random animal sounds. The critters are there, just smart enough to stay out of the way.

If they are going to add AI mobs ever, I would much rather see occasional spawns of ancient war machine squads and companies. Something activates them and they rampage toward the nearest large base and attack.