Can I run it?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MaLaKaZ, Nov 14, 2014.

1. MaLaKaZ

Hello I am planning to buy a dedicated graphics card but I don't know if it will perform well in Planetside 2. I'm planning to buy the Radeon 6670 1GB DDR3 (This is all I can afford right now) T_T

Currently I have the Radeon 6550D Integrated, I get 10 - 18 FPS in fights and when not in fights I get 25 - 30 FPS :(

I want to know if the card I am planning to buy can give me higher FPS (By the way I am running everything on low)

Hero are my specs:

Processor: AMD A8-3850 w/ Radeon HD 6550D
    RAM: 4GB DDR3
    HDD: 1TB
    Mobo: GA-A55M-DS2

2. Tyrant103

You should get a jump in fps but bear in mind I have an FX6300 and a HD 7870 yet I need all settings on low/off with a resolution or 1024 x 768 (black bars) to get 60fps.

tl;dr Don't expect 60fps solid, but you should be good:D
  3. MaLaKaZ

I saw a video in youtube he is running a Radeon 7770 1GB with an A10-5800K (idk what resolution he is using ingame and part of the video title said "Ultra settings") I just got my salary today and I thought that I should buy a 7770 instead of 6670 and another stick of 4GB of RAM. Any tips for me? Here is the video that I saw: :)
  4. Smagjus

The video description states that he is dropping down to 17FPS. If he tested that like shown in the video then it means that he will not even hold 10FPS when it comes to a fight.

Your CPU, the A8-3850, is below minimum spec. Forget the game if you are not planning to get a completely new computer.
  5. Luna12

You can get rid of the black bars if you set the desktop resolution to a value lower than maximum(right click the desktop, screen resolution), open catalyst control center(right click the desktop, catalyst control center), select your monitor, select and apply "full screen" and after that turn your desktop resolution back up.

[IMG]
  6. Tyrant103

I know, but I can't play with 35-60 fps, hurts my eyes
  7. itechen2

you really should dump another $300 and swap out your CPU and MOBO
  8. BlackDove

Dont waste your money on that GPU.
  9. MaLaKaZ

So what upgrades should I get for the CPU and GPU? Thank you very much for the replies, I'm glad I didn't spend my money yet lol
  10. BlackDove

11. Coconutx

assuming that you are in a budget probably a Pentium G3258. its a great CPU and you can overclock it. Get a decent motherboard and a CM 212 evo a you could reach 4-4.2 ghz or more. As for GPU GTX 750 ti or R7 265 are great and cheap.

also check this site http://www.logicalincrements.com so you can get an idea of a balanced PC according to your budget.
  12. BlackDove

An unlocked Pentium needs a z97 chipset motherboard to overclock and with an aftermarket cooler costs more than an i5 with an h97 motherboard for significantly worse performance.
  13. Coconutx

14. BlackDove

http://techreport.com/news/26650/asus-enables-haswell-overclocking-on-non-z-series-motherboards

Read the update from Asus about that. You do need a z97 if you want to reliably overclock it.

A 3.7GHz i3 or a cheap i5 with an H97 is a better deal.
  15. Dramonicous

In general... if you need to ask the question then no you cant.

Planetside 2 is a very demanding game.
    You will want at the very least 30 fps when playing, 60+ if your a above average fps player.
    Theres pretty much no PC in the world thats optimized for playing planetside 2 as the game puts a heavy load on 1 of your cpu cores, where other games try to spread it out. So the only way to get good performance in PS2 is to have a bit of a monster PC.
    You dont need to go to a PC enthusiast level but anything below 1000 euro might be a risk, if you dont know exactly what your getting.

Personally im only playing PS2 on my PC now, so I have overclocked my cpu specifically for it. Putting it well above the safety limits when on heavy load, but this doesnt apply on PS2 as it only use heavy load on 1 of my cores. My fps is usually at 110-120 fps and never lower than 60 fps.
  16. Coconutx

there is no better price/performance CPU right now that the g3258. he just need to update the BIOS and overclock as much it can, even with locked voltage he could reach 4-4.2 ghz on stock cooler. people can even get CPU/MB combos for 100 dollars he just need to research.
  17. BlackDove

Im not going to give someone that kind of advice because that may or may not work and if it doesnt hes wasting more money than hed save.

Haswell is haswell and a 3.7GHz i3 will outperform an unstably overclocked pentium. If he wants to get a z97 and oc the pentium for fun like a lot of people buy that chip to do, thats different.

Im advising him to buy something that isnt dependent on luck to work.