Q550LF i7 4500u 745m 2gb ddr3

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pointyguide2, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Pointyguide2

how would the q550lf perform in planetside 2. I has a dual core cpu with hyperthreading and both cores can clock at a maximum of 2.7ghz continuously and 3.0ghz on one core only. 745m which has 384 cores the same as 750m

anybody with similar setup. hows your fps?
  2. AsylumVS

2gb ddr3 when it comes to RAM then it's funny. Such a processor is only a very strange person can buy 2GB of RAM. For normal existence sevens it must be a minimum of 8 GB. And fans of the games and all 16 GB. Sorry if that is not well understood.
  3. Pointyguide2

oh by 2gb ddr3 I meant the gpu vram
    the computer itself has 8gb of RAM 2x4gb sticks
  4. MrGrampybone

This game likes fast cpu's, my old cpu was running at 3ghz and it ran pretty poorly.
    I got a i5 4690k now running at 4,6 ghz and the games runs great. I would not buy anything under 3,5 for this game.
  5. Pointyguide2

keep in mind I previously had a 2670qm with turbo boost to 2.8ghz on all 4 cores.but I kept it locked at 2.0ghz because of overheating.

now this new thing can work at 2.7ghz but it has 2 less cores so will this be better or worse.?
  6. MrGrampybone

My guess is it will run better but far from good.
    As I said my old cpu was @3ghz and that was four cores and I got 25-30 fps in big fights... barely playable.
    Now I run at a minimum of 50 fps in the really big fights and it's like a completely different game.
    90% of the problems I was having just went away.
  7. FireclawX

Really? I have a i7 mobile processor @2.3GHz with 8gb of ram and a 2GB 660M and I get 40-60FPS on the lowest settings @ 1080p...
  8. MrGrampybone

I guess it depends on what kind of cpu it is as well. I7 is a new generation of cpu's and my old one was a Q6600 so even at 3Ghz it would be slower then your I7.
  9. Pointyguide2

I tested playing on 2430m its dual core with ht
    both cores sit at 2.8 ghz
    and 520m gpu

it was playable with 1440x900 res and 65% render
    everything low but textures at ultra

I was lacking cpu power not gpu. it stayed around 30 to 50 fps when not cpu limited

but when I was in intense fighting the fps went down to around 20 with cpu limited.
  10. Pointyguide2

i recommend ultra textures.
    the game runs better.
    and lowest settings don't help
    try a mixture of highs and low
    get rid of shadows and flora.