LA: Deployable elevator pad

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by JonboyX, Nov 14, 2014.

1. JonboyX

In ye olde sieges, you brought ladders.

Maybe being able to exchange C4 option for ability to deploy mini anti-grav pads (elevators) so other classes can scale smaller walls? Enforce a small deploy radius?
  2. Movoza

I say no. The groundgame is important. Giving people easy access to low roofs and over walls through the LA is too powerful, making too much of the groundgame moot.
  3. Leftconsin

If vehicles can use them too we have a deal.
    • Up x 1
  4. Auzor

I think I and others posted similar ideas in the recent past;
    jumppads instead of lifts, but lifts are probably easier to encode (straight up only)

I like it,
    and a NO to vehicles being able to use them..
  5. Rovertoo

I do not like this idea. Light Assault is a combat class, the mobile brother to the Heavy Assault, not a support class. Whatever tool it gets should increase it's combat abilities.
  6. Bixli

..nice idea ..surely not as an exchange for c4 but it would be a great addition.
  7. Goldmonk

8. JudgeNu

9. mayhemzen

this would be a great idea for engineers, or sundies. someone already suggested this for vehicles during the random launch you to your death bug.

i think this would work as a type of mine with a limited number of uses for an eng. each pad gets 12 jumps then fades out.
  10. mayhemzen

i think the light assault needs a grapple. check out my thread on it.
  11. Iridar51

Ah, nice to see the tradition of recounting old, boring and discussed to the death LA suggestions is back.

Now, sit down my son, and we'll repeat the list of the words you should never say in public:
    Net gun, grappling hook, climbing gear, clinging to walls, wall running, deployable jump pad or grav lift or climbing rope, stimpacks (adrenaline shots), carrying a second primary instead of a sidearm, switching between drifters and jump jets by pressing a button, dash-like burst jet packs, icarus jets (burst of vertical speed), adrenaline pump being a passive system, carrying other players (facepalm), grenade launcher tool (both lethal and non-lethal), personal spawn beacons, wingsuits, scout rifles - assault rifles - battle rifles for LA, dual wielding, revive ability for LA, LA being revivable by other LAs, creating portals to teleport through walls, thermal vision (see through walls), C4 being remodeled into AV weapon with high damage and small splash, better flying accuracy / more speed / faster reloads / 75% ADS for all carbines.

Correct me if I missed a few.

Now the tradition I was referring to is that at least one of these ideas must be posted at least once a week, so we can discuss this "new and fresh" idea once again.

In case it wasn't obvious, I'm ******* tired of seeing this old stuff being posted again and again without bothering to check if it wasn't suggested before. If you see your brilliant idea in this list, don't bother posting. It doesn't necessarily mean the idea is bad, just nothing will come of out it. All to be said by platers was said, and SOE doesn't care either way.
  12. WarmasterRaptor

Damn, the LA needs some polishing... just the JJ is not "that" awesome :(
  13. _itg

Hehe, that's a pretty good list. Only thing I'll add is "steal the infiltrator's recon tools," usually accompanied by "give the infiltrator anti-radar instead."

Of course, you need to realize that it's just a reality of the forum model that people are going to repost the same ideas again and again, and yelling at people for doing so is only going to alienate people. There's even some small benefit to reposting ideas, since newer forum-goers probably haven't seen the old posts.
  14. mayhemzen

thank both you old salts for filling me in on what once was and will be on the posts. i'm just reiterating the idea i thought suited the LA best to see what folks think now. there are no new ideas at all in any game so don't forget that. as for soe, while its quite obvious they dont care about individual posts or comments (who has the time?), that does not mean they cannot be influenced. of course the side effect will be months of no platoon com or something. just here trying to keep the dream alive. as for ************* on the forums, hell that why im here!
  15. CARunner

It would be a great addition but not an exchange for C4 .
  16. Qraven

This is a re-occuring theme that for some reason keeps being suggested time and time again. It is an extremely bad idea and would harm the class.

Giving other classes access to the areas Light Assaults are able to go, places us at a distinct disadvantage. Imagine the rooftops being trampled with HAs. We don't poses weapons of their accuracy, strength, or clip capacity. We don't have access to the rocket launcher which is a 1 hit kill against infantry, and we are also lacking their utility of the shields, giving them more effective health than us.

Giving other classes, including MAXs the ability to reach or gain ease of access to areas LAs have acces to, will place us in a distinct disadvantage where we cannot win fights because our class is not built to match other classes in direct 1v1s.

Right now, Engineers have the ability to place turrets in areas that allow them to use them as a stair step to get over some ledges/terrain. Anything beyond that height, is definitely not recommended for the survival of our class.
    • Up x 2
  17. DrBash00

I think this is more of a engie tool, or maby even a "tower" for one of the Tanks.

But a good Idea in general...
  18. Dualice

If your name is Cute Beaver it's already happening :p