simple LA tool idea

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Alan Kalane, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Alan Kalane

Yeah so currently the LA is the only class without any tool...
    Let's fix it.
    Adrenaline shot :
    has similiar appearance to a medkit so no new assets are needed = easier for SOE
    Increases running speed (only running, not ADS or walking speed) by 40%, normal jump height by 0.3 m and speed of all animations (throwing nades or C4, reloading) by 40% for a short duration (10-20 seconds?) and instantly restores a small portion of health (~200 health). Has limited uses, can't be resupplied from ammo packs.

Easy to implement, fits the class, doesn't improve combat directly but adds more mobility and generaly makes you do things faster.

What do you think?
    • Up x 3
  2. Hicksimus

I think remove C4 quadruple jumpjet fuel but that might be too fun and not farmy enough.
  3. The_Blazing

This is a nice idea. It could also (hopefully) help to reduce the dominance of C4 as the go-to-for-everything slot for most LAs. So all of my yes to it, have an upvote.
  4. ajma

For those who think this would replace C4, know it wouldn't. This goes in the tool slot, not the utility slot.

Another idea would be to give them a special ability called "fuel injection" or some such that restores 50% of jetpack fuel and can only be used once every minute.
  5. LightningPro

Yes buff C4 Fairys to get more instant kills.
  6. FateJH

Three words: Surger Agile Jackhammer.

Context: early implementation of the PlanetSide Classic implant Surge let you wield and use your weapon while running. The Agile Exosuit allows greater mobility over the Reinforced Exosuit. The murder of the Jackhammer goes without saying and, for us, we can probably find equivalency in the pump action shotguns. Long story short, this playstyle became a thing and the developers had to modify the Surge implant so you couldn't use your weapon while it was active.
  7. Mastermind

I can see people spamming these running around like cokeheads on redbull with lasors on all their guns jumpjet hipfiring everywhere.
  8. mayhemzen

9. mayhemzen

i dig the stim idea. would be cool for any class as well.

check out my grapple thread for light assault. tell me what you think.
  10. Alan Kalane

to clarify
    Sorry, it wouldn't because C4 goes to utility slot and the Adrenaline Shot goes to tool slot.
    Woah, C4 faries OP, nevermind that vehicles die much more often to rockets or landmines, and nevermind you can counter C4 100% by equipping radar on your tank or simply being aware.
    No, because you can't shoot while running and the Adrenaline shot increases only running speed.
    Can't be resupplied from an ammo pack = you have to go all the way back to a terminal = no spamming.
    Jumpjet hipfiring? U serious?
  11. LightningPro

Give 50% more fuel to the Jetpack is clearly a buff for Light assault. No matter if you killed more often by mines.
    100% C4 counter because of using a Radar? Maybe a Joke?
  12. Rovertoo

I'd rather have a 50% buff to recharge rate than fuel. Nothing pains me more than just sitting there for 10 seconds while it charges. I should always be on the move!
  13. LightningPro

But no matter giving more fuel or quicker recharge it´s a buff. And I think jetpacks don´t need a buff.
  14. Alan Kalane

I don't remember suggesting to give the LA 50% more fuel. You must be mistaken.
    Adrenaline shot only increases LAs physical attributes. It doesn't have an impact on jumpjets.
  15. LightningPro

OK exactly it was not 50% more fuel. It was restores 50% of jetpack fuel once a minute. Am I wrong?
    And wouldn´t this be a Buff?
  16. CARunner

I like it , best LA idea i have heard so far.....:)
    • Up x 1