startin down the engie path

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Kalari, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Kalari

hey all. im here so i have a rough sketch of an idea how to properly engineer before i accidentally my whole squad (please dont doubt me on that ive done it before)

i mainly play a medic and heavy. but engineer has optionins i havent seen and i really dont have a clue where to start.

i have a warden with a 3.4 crosshairs and HVA i unlocked for my medic, a PDW SMG and a mauler shotty but not much beyond that. ive looked at the forums and there seems to be a debate whether the warden is even worth a damn.

i kinda want to use the utility pouch and carry as much explosives as possible.

so..... advice please?
  2. TKBoom

Weapons and loadouts are personal choice so I won't touch on those but from a cert investment standpoint, max out your repair gun and ammo pack. Last rank of repair lets you fix a destroyed turret in 2 cycles. Last rank of ammo pack lets you drop 2 packs instead of one. In a big shoot-out, with a few MAXes around, you'll be raking in xp similar to a medic with the shield regen device and meditool.
  3. Predator01cz

also max rank engie tool can dematerialize enemy tank mines...

Which is good when you have enemy engie suicide run your deployed sundy and you manage to kill him before he detonates the mines...
    But be fast with deconstructing those mines before your awesome friendlies decide that their carbine/LMG/AR are better tools to do so
  4. Catalyist

Unlike all other utility slot options where you get only one utility per rank (like c4 and proxy mines), you get 2 tank mines for just the first level - and it's only 100 certs. Enough to take out any tank.
  5. 2ndChance

Do your squad a favour and max out the ammo pack and repair tool. Everyone loves ammo, and friendly Maxes will bow down before you in gratitude of your repair tool (or perhaps they're just crouching to gawk at you, it is difficult to guess with that lot)

Then do yourself a favour and max out your grenade bandoleer and get Sticky grenades. That'll make you a walking artillery regiment.