CPU bound after last patch...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sputnik, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Sputnik

I'm CPU bound after last update constantly now, have anyone experienced the same?
  2. Borsty

You probably activated smoothing. That brings on CPU-bound icon for me when otherwise I would be GPU bound at 120fps while standing in the warpgate.
    99% of players are CPU bound in battles, and the other 1% is GPU bound at 60+ fps and have spent a lot on their PC.
  3. Utrooperx

I was CPU bound...then that log file fix came out and now I'm GPU...and notice ALOT more hitching...dual R9 270x's with 4GB...only using 30-40% of them...but GPU bound...?

Makes me shake my head...this game hates AMD...
  4. braytz

this game hates cpu in a more general way....evrybody here is cpu limited,even if you have the latest X99 series mlgproXDXDXDmastertrole111!!!11!!!!uberextremeeditionnoscope.
  5. Aldaris

SLI/Crossfire don't work very well with this game, pretty much always giving you worse performance than a single GPU. Turn off one of the GPUs in CCC before playing.

I'm not. I'm GPU bound with everything on and high/ultra at 1440p at about 100fps.
  6. Utrooperx

This other guy kept saying only use one GPU...and I tried it...HUGE performance/FPS hit...

I noticed that CCC now has a PS2 profile in the AMD Overdrive...I used to force the Bioshock profile in RadeonPro, (suggested at: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/64-bit-amazing.184303/page-4#post-2667807 ), but then the game started to refuse to start (https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...auses-massive-stuttering.192566/#post-2793492 ) if RadeonPro was activated, so I just started using the profile AMD provided in CCC.
  7. Aldaris

If you're getting an FPS hit disabling Crossfire then you're pretty much the only person in the world to do so.

Game starts fine with RadeonPro on my PC.
  8. PWGuy93

The article on Eurogamer for PS2 on the Playstation 4 describes how I think the PC version is behaving:
    My CPU never the GPU is the one registering as bottlenecked, as well.

In game the Minimap and Map are no longer showing full detail indicators for Infantry or Vehicles.
    Some indicators are clearly missing and are close ranged as I've discovered through character deaths by enemy factions - which is really weird because I can see their characters running around holding weapons but no see no indicator on the map, then see indicator, then see another "group" of indicators vanish from the map. All I can say is something changed over the past few updates to make this happen consistently and it shows up as CPU bound.
  9. TheXenonCodex

i'm thinking about the x99 myself, and am extremely curious to know what kind of performance you're getting. what cpu is it?
  10. Aldaris

I'm not on X99. I'm on Z97 and an i5 4690k.
  11. TheXenonCodex

oh, my bad, dude. carry on.