Appreciation Thread for 2 Year Anniversary Bundle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Psionic Storm, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Psionic Storm

I appreciate SOE giving the 2nd Anniversary bundle for 39.99/35.99 (non aubscriber/subscriber). I might not have the bundle and will probably not buy it (recently bought a 12 month subscriber package,working on directive armor which will conflict with the hardlight armor, already owning 9 exceptional weapons (including all the platinum weapons currently in the game), never using horns, owning 2 knives that I'll hardly use, a ****LOAD of camos that I never touch, etc etc etc.) so I have no but I can see the inherent value of a REDUCED PRICE HEROIC BOOST and the EXTRA goodies thrown in. I strongly believe that the people talking trash about the bundle and its "exorbitant" price are doing so just to justify feeling better, themselves, for not having enough money to buy it. So heres a Thank You.
  2. tahn1000

wow, that's really harsh. and rubbish to boot. everyone likes to feel that what they've spent their money on is worth it to them, especially when it's a non-essential addon to something they may already have spent money on which in itself is a non-essential.

and hypocritical much when you've already decided not to spend the moolah?
  3. Psionic Storm

I've stated my reasons for not owning it. As I also stated that I can SEE the INHERENT value of purchasing such a deal. Half of the people who are on the forums crying about the bundle don't even own the bundle. Why cry about something that you don't have when you will probably NOT purchase or claim to? And you do realize everyone is hypocritical at some point in their life. Correct?
  4. Halo572

Undoubted respect for any developer of a title that is still in beta after 2 1/2 years and hasn't in that time moved any further forward than TDM in tiny maps with too many players, in a bigger map, and releases t-shirts as the major 2nd anniversary improvement.

I'm just waiting - as a hardcore PS2 naysayer - to be eating humble pie as I return to a title I have said I am unlikely to ever do so just to buy the new head gear that surely must follow in the ingame shop.

T-shirts and hats - respect.

No gameplay or objectives after 30 months - minus respect.
  5. Psionic Storm

Find me a game, like Planetside 2, that is F2P and I'll be the judge of that game. None? Okay then.

You do realize that SOE has different "compartments" that deal with bugs and new content. Yes?
  6. tahn1000

so you don't see it as being worth it to you as the bundle is now.

however most the threads started when the bundle was critically different - the boost only worked on one character instead of all characters of that account. the perceived value - on a personal determination of whether it was worth it - was entirely focused on the other little bonuses, the primary one being the gun.
  7. Psionic Storm

The developers/community managers themselves have already stated MULTIPLE times that they will rectify the bug that's causing some of the issues such as the boost being on only one character. People just find the tiniest reasons to start some drama because they aren't willing to spend money on it and believe everyone is of the same opinion. On the contrary, the amount of hardlight armor/anniversary camo/confetti machines walking/flying/driving/hovering around in game speak for themselves.
  8. NoctD

Why do you praise a bundle you yourself won't buy then?

The only inherent value in the bundle is the heroic boost. People complaining about the bundle aren't looking for the heroic boost, so the bundle is just utter garbage trash useless junk to them. Because aside from the boost, its just some tacky stuff.

Anyways whatever - if SOE doesn't want our money, then they can go on producing this kind of garbage that even people who claim the bundle has some value (ie. you) still won't buy.
  9. Psionic Storm

#1 Read my reasons for not buying it.

#2 You don't want it? Cool. Step aside for everyone else who will enjoy purchasing it.

You act like its illegal to appreciate something you don't own. I'm not allowed to walk down the street appreciating an expensive car that I don't own? Maybe someone will notice and yell at me for appreciating something I don't own.
  10. NoctD

Nope - but you won't put your money to prove your point.

You obviously fail to see that you don't appreciate the bundle enough to spend your own money - yet you're criticizing others for not appreciating the bundle? :rolleyes:
  11. Psionic Storm

You act like its illegal to appreciate something you don't own. I'm not allowed to walk down the street appreciating an expensive car that I don't own? Maybe someone will notice and yell at me for appreciating something I don't own.

Maybe I should buy a GT-R because it looks nice. Maybe I should buy a multimillion dollar mansion because I like it. Maybe I should buy a yacht because I want one. Maybe I should buy a G6 because it'll fly me to places in style

EDIT: I probably should.
  12. Typhoeus

It would be neat if they just sold heroic boosts on the store for 40$ at all times. Then they could focus on giving us 40$ worth of sweet bling on the anniversary bundles.

Sweet looking camo's, helmets, tank cannons like you get from the recruit a friend program, the ever illusive black flame camo that's been phased out, weapons you unlock through promotion codes (like the pistols). Heck you could go nutts and have ESF vehicle secondary weapons be unlocked across all factions.

Black/gold weapon idea is neat but you should let us pick which weapons we want from those variants. If you'd give me the choice of only two weapons to chose from, (since there's only two in this bundle) I'd pick from some of my favorite weapons, like the carv-s or tsar-42 which I wouldn't mind auraxiuming more then once.

I also like the glowy armor idea (even though TR's is terrible. Orange instead of red? Honeycomb pattern wut?) and the different melee weapons but I can't justify spending 40$ on that.

The current bundle has the bulk of its value tied to the boost, which isn't something most veterans care about considering they have everything they want unlocked already. And let's be real, the vets are the ones who've stuck around and supported the game. It's to late for this year but maybe next year, let's have an anniversary pack that will excite veterans as well as the newer people ;)