The T32 bull is worth it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hiperion, Nov 12, 2014.

1. sindz

I like the T32 Bull alot, it has one of the highest bullet velocities in the game which means I can safely equip suppressor and SPA on this gun and still have decent velocity and its generally a pretty accurate weapon coupled with NS/HV scope its a headshot machine.
  2. Axehilt

I guess looking through the stats it seems like it may be worth trying the Bull again. They've buffed the velocity tremendously since I last ran the stats (previously the Bull wasn't worth taking over the Rhino) and now Bull has the highest velocity in the LMG class (670).
    • Same low DPS as Rhino (which also means high sustained accuracy)
    • Worse mag size than Rhino (60 vs. 100) (which also means faster reload; 3rd fastest-reloading LMG in the game; historically I've felt fast reload does not compensate for a smaller mag size)
    • Best-in-class hip accuracy (tied with NS-15M) but this is a fairly awkward trait to pair with a low-DPS weapon. I suppose it's designed to (a) make the weapon more flexible at closer range and (b) allow the weapon to hip-fire out to medium range potentially? (Haven't tried the latter, but seems worth trying I guess.)
    • Best-in-class projectile velocity (670 vs. Rhino's 640) and I feel projectile velocity is one of the strongest stats for a weapon; makes being accurate super easy at all ranges.
  3. Hiperion

Whata bout horizontal recoil i feel the bull has like a afg equiped when if equpied a normal fg
  4. SerasVic

0.2 , not good not bad but the horizontal tolerance of 0.5 is pretty nice.
  5. Fellgnome

Uh....definitely not gonna work.

Also 640 vs. 670 won't make a huge difference. The Rhino has advanced forward grip and twice the mag size, that will make a difference. Overall both guns are kind of lame but Rhino is better for a mid-long range purpose, while Bull is better for hip-fire but it's:
    1. An LMG which all have terrible hip-fire
    2. High TTK making it poor for CQC
    3. Pretty poor ADS if you put a laser instead of grip on it
    Bull is kind of the TR's Polaris: It's confused. The only good thing is that Heavy Assault have the durability to give them more leeway to use poor TTK weapons in CQC.
  6. Axehilt

I only know recoil stats from this page, which shows identical recoil apart from "Horiz. Tol." which is 0.5 for Bull and 0.7 for Rhino.

I don't know what that stat means. My guess is it means the Bull stops recoiling one shot earlier? (Both weapons have 0.2 Horiz Min and Horiz Max, so presumably Bull stops recoiling as much after the 3rd shot, and Rhino on the 4th?)
  7. Lord_Avatar

Bull > Rhino in most situations. Honestly, if that gun had more ROF it would be OP...
  8. Schwak

Out of all the TR LMGs the Bull is actually a very close first favorite of mine just in front of the TMG-50. It's definitely worth the purchase. If I'm not mistaken it has the best hipfire of all the TR LMGs as well so if you are good with recoil compensation (it doesn't have much recoil anyways) then just run it with a grip, SPA, and your choice of sights. The only place is falls short is close range since it's basically the same DPS as the NS-15m except it is .5 ADS.
  9. StillMostlyClueless

Of all LMG's for any faction, though this is a bit like being the prettiest pig because the hipfire is still bad.

Great gun though, solid, accurate headshot gun that's basically an NS-15m with SPA and more accuracy in exchange for that .75 Movement.
  10. Schwak

Well ya. I was just stating that as far as LMGs go, the hipfire is pretty good and the vertical isn't that bad so if you can manage the vertical don't bother with the compensator so you can get even better hipfire. :D
  11. Wisdomcube2

My 2nd favorite gun in the game behind the Anchor. The thing has a .35 moving ads accuracy which is why I love it. Basically means you don't have to reset recoil as often. I believe MSW-R and the Bull are the only TR LMG's with .35 ads acc. It's just extremely accurate, if you have a TMC carbine, try that out because it's the exact same thing as the bull except with less mag size.
  12. MacBain

It's funny you asked this question the day after I got the Auraxium for this gun. I will say no, the bull is not worth it if you already have the Rhino. But one thing I did learn to respect was the hipfire. I used the hipfire / knife a lot while indoors and it works.
    Now that I'm on to a different gun (currently on the TMG 50) I find that doesn't work anymore, too many shots missed and the knife doesn't kill.

So the moral of the story is, if you do decide to get it, don't use a compensator (ruins the hipfile), use SPA and a Forward Grip.
    For any fool under 40m just hold the kill button down till they die, anything further will require some trigger discipline.
  13. Loken

The Bull needs more ammo.
  14. Hiperion

i will buy it
  15. Brenold

its like the MSW-R but weaker but with better range.... its kinda weird
    hipfire stats are better for the bull but I find the MSWR with adv laser to be better at hipfire than bull with laser. then again maybe its just the ROF difference i'm noticing

It's very accurate, but I really find the damage lackluster so aim for the head
    The velocity is very high, plus you can choose both ammo types so you can tweak the range to fit your needs. I think the bull is the only LMG i would be comfortable putting a suppressor on and i hardly notice the diference in drop..

honestly I don't really like it on my heavy, probably doesnt fit my playstyle... I play heavy very aggressively and in your face and the bull is more of a precision weapon for ranged and accurate shooting.
    I would love it if my LA could use it though :p
  16. Noif

I like to play on T32 Bull and IMO it is fine weapon.
  17. Canaris

do yourself a favour and pick of the NS-15 if you want a good TR LMG.