[Suggestion] Unrealistic Rocket Launcher Damage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Craigdayo7, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Craigdayo7

While I was doing my rounds on PS2 I saw a enemy coming close so I fired my default rocket launcher only to die and find it had only taken away around 5% of health. This angered me as this has happened many times with different people a lot.
    I suggest you up the damage from a RL to infantry to fix this simple problem. Maybe up to 80%-90%.

I thank you for your time.

PS: Also splash damage should be upped to as with real explosives most people die from the force not the explosion it self.
  2. Xasapis

You either missed or you faced some hit detection failure.

Direct hits from HA rockets one shot infantry and two shot MAXes. The only way to survive as infantry is to have fully certed the flak armor, but even then, you're left with 20% health.
    • Up x 1
  3. Aeravic

OP should be playing a year ago then when splash damage was so "realistic" that everyone pretty much get one-shotted the moment they left the spawn.
    • Up x 2
  4. Gemenai

If anything in a videogame would be "realistic", then sniper rifles would one-shot you on every distance, plamsa disco baller would melt everything in seconds, tanks would dominate everything due to superior fire power and so on.

But this is a video game not reality. So no thanks there are enough rocket primary roflr0xx0r1337play3r.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pikachu

Rocket launcher splash damage has never been high enough to kill. The listed damage has always been wrong, it's only 50% of it. The worst thing you could do was to take away the shield if you missed, now you can't even do that.
    • Up x 4
  6. Pikachu

No one has asked for things have the same numbers as in real life, stop doing this cliché. Completely fictional elements that doesn't resemble things from reality (laser gun) doesn't need to follow reality as much, stop doing the cliché of not realizing this. I have never seen this kind of thinking when it comes to fictional things in any other medium than video games.
  7. AFK1

In real life, every video game rocket-hero would die 200 meters away from the nearest enemy from a single 5.56 to the skull, by some random E-1 with an M4

Instead of complaining that rockets aren't easy enough already, start learning how to shoot
  8. Haquim

Agreed on the "single bullet to brain = death", but considering I read some statistics that the US fired an amazing 25k to 50k bullets per killed enemy combatant in Iraq I seriously doubt the 200m part "in reality".
    In reality people are propably too busy NOT DYING themselves to take their time and aim.

.... could you imagine living in a world where "death" means that you simply get reconstructed in a facility after experiencing dying?
  9. Gemenai

So why did you quote me here?
  10. z1967

Just because big rocket splash works well as a game mechanic in other games does not mean it works well in this game.
  11. FateJH

I don't know why people continue to use "unrealistic" when it never ends well. "Unconvincing" feels like a much way to go about the argument.
    • Up x 3
  12. AFK1

combatants != clueless FPS players complaining that they can't 1 shot people with rockets by shooting a wall 10 yards away from the player model

My point was that anyone creating an OP like this would be so absolutely clueless in a real war that he wouldn't last more than 10 minutes in the field - thus he shouldn't be asking for more realism