Saron the new vulcain powerfull

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DLL2, Nov 9, 2014.

1. DLL2

Hello,

Does saron is the new vulcain?
  2. CNR4806

I'm pretty sure none of the Sarons have been touched by SOE for more than 6 months, so I don't really understand what you're trying to ask.
  3. Maelthra

4. DLL2

this weapon is imbat at melee it is not a faction rull. Vanu are a ranger faction and not a melee rang.
  5. Flag

Yet it's not an upgrade over the Halberd. Fancy that...
  6. Alkezo

7. Morti

If you keep nerfing everything, eventually the stuff that was bad becomes awesome.

Until we nerf that too.
  8. WTSherman

Alright, so what I think you're trying to ask is whether the Saron has been buffed recently, and whether it is comparable to the old Vulcan?

The answers are "no" and "no".

The Saron is very, very good. Better than the Enforcer. Better than the Halberd, despite VS denials. But it's not OP and nowhere near as strong as the old Vulcan was.

Also the current Vulcan does more damage to close targets than the Saron. Once it ramps up anyway.

(the following is from Google Translate, I apologize for errors/
    Ce qui suit est de Google Translate, mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles.)

Bon, ce que je pense que vous essayez de poser est de savoir si le Saron a été buff récemment, et si elle est comparable à l'ancien Vulcan?

Les réponses sont «non» et «non».

Le Saron est très, très bon. Mieux que l'Enforcer. Mieux que la hallebarde, malgré les dénégations VS. Mais il est pas OP et loin d'être aussi forte que le vieux Vulcain.

Aussi le courant Vulcan fait plus de dégâts à des cibles près de la Saron. Une fois rampes de toute façon.

I hope that helps, despite the computer-generated French.
    • Up x 1
  9. DrPapaPenguin

10. LodeTria

The vulcain is ok powerful close but bad range bangs yet saron is egglecent close shoot gun but shooty slow long range because blooming flowers.
  11. Flag

Just to clarify your statement, the Saron is better -up close-, this is true.
    However not everyone is comfortable let alone good enough to get things done at that range.
    The halberd -is- better at longer ranges, seeing how the Saron has to tangle with the CoF bloom (and the slight non-resetting recoil that is plain old annoying), while the Halberd just .. fires as usual.

So no, the Saron isn't plainly better than the halberd. Rather, they're a good example of how to make the Halberd and the ESAV gun balanced with one another.