Dying in a single frame

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ExoPolitics, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ExoPolitics

Recently I have noticed that I am dying in a single rendered frame to weapons that have a much higher TTK. This is not including launchers, explosives, shotguns or any of the weapons with an extremely high ROF. I will go from 100 shields/health with NMG up instantly in a single frame running @ 50-60 fps. I am not sure if this is related to all of the hitching/lag that seems to be going on, but my fps remains steady and my connection is fine. Seems like performance has been deteriorating over the last 3 weeks or so.
    • Up x 1
  2. SGT-Bilko

From what I have noticed it is directly related, one side hitches, the other side kills. I am no expert though.
  3. FunBotan

Client-side hit detection. Nuff said. I very much doubt that's gonna ever be fixed
  4. Jac70

I don't get hitching, the game runs pretty well for me but I do get these insta-deaths from carbines and LMGs. Running along and then dead before I can even react to the threat.
  5. Akashar

I opened a ticket over my ping which went from 60-80 to 160-250 in the last 3 weeks, the official answer is:
    There are currently no reported connection issues, but I will be sure to pass on your information to the dev team in the mean time. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

With like half the technical subforum saying that performance, ping and hitching have never been so bad as in the past few weeks, this is the official answer. I think we can all count to 250 and oooh, wonderful, that's the new ping I have on european servers. Cool.
  6. Moisted

Guys, you're in the wrong forum. For "answers" you have to be at reddit...
    • Up x 2
  7. SGT-Bilko

This is the forum for the game. If there is a better place, perhaps they should be linked from that place to here. Considering this is Sony, a trusted host.
    • Up x 2
  8. Aaren

Ah..you must be new around here....

Sony prefers to answer people on reddit. Not their own official forums. No clue why. I guess it's so they can be all hipster and different from all those boring regular dev teams who are most active on the forums they pay to maintain.

In response to the OP. I've experienced this ever since I started playing. The most useful advice I can give is learn to live with it - if you can't, find something that soothes your nerves. It's not likely to be fixed any time soon.
    • Up x 1
  9. SGT-Bilko

No you are new here lol, check my profile/vs urs ;). They used to answer here. Screw reddit haha.
  10. Aaren

I agree, but sadly the "recent" trend (all this year and half way through 2013 or so) has been to promptly reply on Reddit, and very occassionally on the forums.
  11. SGT-Bilko

That is a depressing change. I prefer to stick with sites I know have nothing malicious embedded in them. Social media is a target for such activity and I choose to avoid it.
  12. queue

I have had this happen twice. Just running around minding my own buisness, and then DEAD. One time I saw the guy that killed me. He was running toward me, gun was not raised and I wasn't being hit. Then I was dead instantly.
  13. nightbird

If you're using wireless, switch to cable or a new router. Multiplayer games put a large strain on wireless routers, causing them to overheat and fail slowly... leading to high ping and hitching. Nothing SOE can do about that.
  14. Aaren

Did anyone say anything about playing on wireless?

I can't speak for anyone else - but I experience this sort of thing regularly (dying instantly after getting the drop on someone and pumping rounds into their back) and my connection isn't what I'd call weak:

• 24.45mb/sec upstream
    • 2.11mb/sec downstream
    • 2-5ms to Briggs IP in tracert
    • 20-45ms in-game. Quality: Good.
    The problem is with the SOE's client or servers. I've spent the past 6 monthes tweaking every thing I can think of on my machine. I've learnt more about network interface cards than I've ever known, and it's made marginal difference. The game needs fixing by it's developers, not its players.
  15. SGT-Bilko

They are offering suggestions that may improve the game in some instances. We all know there is work needed, but the game can run better for some players with different settings/setups.