Some things to look at.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TriumphantJelly, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Klypto

Yes but why are you not showing that Pounders outperform Ravens?
  2. Rovertoo

Personally I'd like to see some more ES functionality to the mines. NC's does more damage, but since it's a bouncing betty damage can be reduced by crouching. TR's is quick-detonating but as it's directional, doesn't have the same kill potential. VS's can be something sweet like a tracking laser bolt that comes out of that orb or something.
    • Up x 1
  3. TriumphantJelly

Because Pounders are 1st Gen AV: I'll do a comparison if you want.

Here:
    AVG KPH from the last 30 days:

1st Generation AV....
    -
    NCM2 Falcon L/R
    7.67/7.68
    M3 Pounder-HEG L/R
    16.36/13.49
    Comet VM2 L/R
    9.18/8.58

2nd Generation AV (same stats as from the start of the thread, so not entirely up to date)....
    -
    NCM3 Ravens L/R
    9.12/10.19
    MR1 Fractures L/R
    5.41/5.73
    Vortices (VM21) L/R
    5.18/5.72

So here we see that the Pounders out-perform everything overall, but using another section of the site, I found that the Pounders are inferior to the Ravens at AV work (VKPH). This would suggest that the Ravens are working well at their intended role, but are performing too strongly against infantry. The Pounders underperform for AV, but MASSIVELY overperform at AI (for an AV weapon).
    In this respect, Ravens are stronger because they are more versatile, but Pounders are free/less expensive and just that bit better against infantry & MAXes.

:cool: This is such a huge ego boost.

Edit: Oops, Rovertoo, I said NC/TR in my last post instead of NC/VS when regarding lights in the last sentence of the big paragraph.
    • Up x 1
  4. a-koo-chee-moya

Then that would lower the VKPH if they were used for long range AI. However, NO FACTION HAS A LONG RANGE AI WEAPON FOR MAX. NC actually has the longest range AI due to slugs. Even that only extends to about 50m max though.
  5. Sossen

I'm certain that the development team has access to a better array of stats than we have, so some of these will be off, or misrepresentative. But I agree that the AV weapons need to be more AV, less AI.
  6. Ronin Oni

Just remove the VS and NC lights that were added because the green lights on claymores that no longer show up to enemies.

Who puts lights on a landmine anyways? o_O
    • Up x 1
  7. Yuukikun

With how ridiculously strong the HA shield is, it's easy to even CQC any other non-HA class with the Lasher and win.
  8. Schizomatic

This KPH flexing is getting stretched a bit too far. It's not the end-all, be-all of how a weapon performs. KPH is a cold statistic. It doesn't state conditions under which a weapon is used, how it's used, or tell us how many users each weapon has. It's only part of the data necessary to determine whether or not a particular weapon is performing well.

Please don't keep sticking your junk solely in an Excel sheet. That relationship never ends well.
  9. TriumphantJelly

I think all comments have been construcitve until now...

Anyway, I've talked subjectively in other posts and that never ends well. I'm now using statistics too, an objective view really helps sometimes. And I did acknowledge that the stats can be esoteric, and hard to understand in the OP. I'm just stating what I see, in game and out.
  10. Vraccas24

People use Phoenix because it's cool to fly a rocket, that's it.
    If you further nerf phoenix-it will become worst weapon in the game. BTW, it is so bugged, that we maybe could use a fix for that before talking about nerfing it into the ground.
  11. TriumphantJelly

Please leave, you look at a higher number for the NC one and assume I'm talking about nerfs? I said it was fine and then suggested a minor nerf to the Lancer.
  12. TheRunDown

/random
    Don't touch my MCG >.<
    I'm happy with the condition it's in now!
    It works everywhere now, and I'm happy with it's current state :)
    Touching it will only make it worse >.< and TR need something worth having.. cause a Striker certainly isn't it..
  13. Bankrotas

I'll say this. I use Ravens a lot (most used max weapon recently) because it's only weapon I feel reliable in any fight and good allrounder.
    Falcons are too risky, bursters too situational, Grinders only when taking points in buildings. All other times - Raven is only weapon on NC max worth using as AE.