[Suggestion] Change Heavy Assault Loadout

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pardus, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Pardus

My Problem: I want to pull use a tank. What am I up against as a tank? 9times out of 10, infantry. It can safely be assumed 50% of those infantry are heavy assaults. What do heavy assaults have as a free weapon on top over whatever else that have? Anti-Vehicle rockets.

Totally ignoring how much faster they can spot and track me? Practically 45% of all my opponents are going to have weapons that do will about ~1125 to 1500 damage before my armor, as a freebie. Let's assume I do something silly like loudout in a purely anti-armor role. With a magrider's Supernova FPC and Saron HRB and assume each shot one-shots infantry? That means I have a combined rate of fire 525 rounds (or in this case kills) per minuet -OR- 8.75 kills per second with perfect aim. At absolute best I could kill 8 or 9 people per second. That's not going to happen though, even with perfect aim the magrider's main gun and turret don't turn fast enough.

Let's say I'm still super human and land 4 or 5 hits (and thus kills) in the time it takes a HA to fire, duck in cover, reload, and fire again. (I dare someone to make a video of that without a aimbot!)

With me so far?

Let's just say 25% of all rockets fired at me hit, and are slightly off. So I only take 1000 before armor. Let's also say all rockets hit me on my front armor. That means it'll be taking ~470 damage per rocket. I'll then need about 11 rockets to kill me.

So ... 11 rockets to die and 9 out of every 20 infantry I face has a rocket launcher free. At best I kill 4-5 of my target ever time they fire.

Let's say I bring my rank to a "real" fight and I'm up against 30 people. That would mean I'm got 13-14 rocket launchers pointing at me pretty darn quick. Hey, let's say I get lucky and only 5 are able to fire at me in the first volly.

Volly 1:

5 fire, 2 out of those 5 hit. I'm down to 9 of my 11 hits.
    Still being divinely bless, my uber aim takes out those five.

Volly 2:

The remaining 9 react and all fire, 3 out of those 9 hit. I'm down to 6 of my 11 hits. Because I'm still blessed by all things holy. Their aim still sucks and their still only hitting my most heavily armored side.
    Still being guided by the hand of God, I take out 5 of those 9.

Volly 3:

The remaining 4 all fire. 1 of those four hit. I'm down to 5 of my 11 hits.
    Still having my aimbot having my leet skillz, I take out all four.

Result:

Before C-4. Before other tanks. Before AV MAX. Before a Engineer's AV turret. Before Anti-Tank Mines. Before a base's AV turrets. (Before C-4) If I have aim guided by the Hand of God and the enemy is stone drunk? I'm already half dead just from free weapons handed for daring to try a tank.

--------

My suggestion: Make rocket launchers a heavy assault's alternate weapon in place of a LMG or empire specific weapon.

TL : DR? Why does SoE hate tanks?
  2. TheXenonCodex

annnnnnnnnnnnd we're back to rocket primaries, which people cried INCESSANTLY about for months, and probably still do at anyone working on explosive directives.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ronin Oni

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. Pardus

I'd like to say well 'oops', 'I'm sorry', or maybe even offer an alternative.

Mostly I'm disappointed the devs made anti-tank weapons for free a common thing and didn't see this problem coming?

All I can really say is "I'll get my tiny violin".

(Does this mean if I rally enough wambalnces I can get my BFR back?)
  5. QQlazors

Remove heavy rocket entirely and make the engineer the exclusive anti-tank class.
  6. Pardus

Rocket launchers aren't a bad idea. (Don't have a problem with make the engineer shiny though.)

Why oh why oh WHY? Would they put tanks in the game, then stack the deck against them to the point of between pointless and just above useless.
  7. FateJH

You're outnumbered and outgunned.
    Good day, Sir.
    • Up x 1
  8. z1967

You assume the players are smart. And that is where you are wrong.
    • Up x 1
  9. DatVanuMan

10. TraatAdmiral

So, to be completely clear here, you're upset that you can't drive into a group of 30 people without getting your *** kicked? Holy unreasonable expectations, Batman!
  11. Pardus

:p

I'll make the statement more complicated then it needs to be so you don't have to assume anything else.

"Let's say I bring my rank to a "real" fight and I'm up against 30 people, supported by a reasonable number on my own side -not having a death with-, and thus the idiom a tanks were designed originally designed to fight in."

I do apologies for assume the word 'tank' refereed to a real world noun for a fighting vehicle designed to support and face numerically superior odds of infantry. I do apologies for assuming the word meant they were designed to storm into enemy trenches, lines, and held areas and survive small arms fire. :p

If you could provide me with the Planetside version of the English dictionary, that would be great. :p
  12. KiloOhm

My TR tank usually gets blown up by a flying LA sob with a C4.

Let's remove C4 from a LA class and let non-flying engineers handle explosives! Comments?
  13. Pardus

To be clear, no. I'm not upset I'm not in a BFR able to be a one-man army.

I'm complaining that "everyone and their dog" is equipped to fight me then it makes no logical sense to deploy tanks under that even have tanks -OR- any balance sense to suppress tanks that heavily.

Edit: Corrected that logic.
  14. a-koo-chee-moya

Tip: use that 300+m advantage you have..... IDK why people complain. If your that close to infantry, you're dead anyways, and you should have plenty of time to spot if they have to get to you.
  15. Mxiter

16. Posse

omg, someone tell me this thread is satire please.
  17. Pardus

Tell me how my I'm wrong or how my expectations of the word tank are wrong and I'll tell you it's a satire.

I can agree tanks shouldn't be one man armies. I can't agree a lion should fear a lamb.
  18. Posse

So your expectations are that a tank should be an easy mode machine where you get in and automatically get 10 kills or more with little effort and that you should be able to take on a whole squad alone? toplel
  19. Liberty

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of the screams coming from the average of 30 to 60 players I kill each time I pull a Tank.
    [IMG]
  20. Pardus

Was those a questions or a assumptions? If I were to tell you my expectations in detail, would you listen?