October update a flop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Andy04, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Andy04

So they messed up Halloween and the updates and the performance again.... What is this month going to bring us ? Are you still going to focus on bad game content or are you lot finally going to sit down and work out the meta of the game and get it into it...IT HAS BEEN 2 YEARS OF BAD UPDATES AND RELEASES FAIL AFTER FAIL AND REVERTING BACK TO WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITH IN THE BEGINING PS1. I'm sure your team can think of something other than a flash seat or a broken Valkyrie to keep us more involved with the game.
  2. CNR4806

Let's cast that negativity aside first and admit that they did make some good patches in the past. OMFG and other optimization patches made life better for many people, lattice answered the age-long complaints of Ghostcapside, and a lot of other stuff that I'm not going to list one by one.

But yes, October on a whole had been a really terrible month for PS2. The Halloween event is crap and the patches they pushed out are utterly rubbish.
  3. I play by many names

Also, don't forget broken server performance. Server performance has been unacceptably awful for at least 3 weeks now. Any medium to large scale combat results in headless players warping around everywhere with zero animations for anything past close range, at least on emerald. Where is Sony? Hello? You guys out there?
  4. SerasVic

Don't worry guys

wideable knifes are coming for ur ex-COD players !

I'm really excited by this !!!

oh no, i'm not.

(and btw october is end and valk still not fixed? cmon)
  5. KaaleStroms

I was waiting for Companies and Fire teams, but apparently what we need is Pumpkins, Solo Farming and Directives.
  6. Andy04

Yeah saw the knives not thrilled about them either to be honest, I think they have ran out of ideas lol
  7. Fellgnome

At least the PPA got nerfed.
  8. SerasVic

Well i guess i'll troll people a bit with knife + stalker cloak but besides that this is not enough
  9. Mitheledh

I don't know, they said that when you have the knife equipped, you'll attack faster. Now imagine those stalker cloak infiltrators. They won't need to shoot you first. Just knife you two times quickly and move on.
  10. SerasVic

Ok, we know, but this is for the monthly update, meaning we'll not get anything else before december after that ... Only for a 0.X reduction in knife TTK ...
  11. S7rudL

The knives in CSSource were awesome, people constantly tapping the Q quick switch button lol.

They seriously need to add faster run speed when the knife is equipped.
  12. SerasVic

no

just stalker cloak + thing to run faster = enjoy
  13. S7rudL

Fine, then there's no need for me to buy the custom one.
  14. ShockATC

because THAT was the ultimate problem this game had... :rolleyes:
  15. Diilicious

I would rather have transparent shields than people running around trying to knife me..
  16. Stormsinger

They are most definitely not out of ideas - they are out of things to implement that people don't scream and rage about.

Take, for example... flamethrowers:

They created them, implemented them, but never pushed them into live due to complaints from the NC (It would have made scatmaxes less important)

There are plenty of awesome things hiding in the depths of PS2's repository of things, not many of them actually make it into the game due to whining.
  17. William Petersen

It's almost funny. They do these patches screw up the game unto unplayability, then by the time they fix all the technical issues they introduced, they release a new under-tested patch that screws up everything again.
    • Up x 1
  18. Pikachu

Flamers are not in because SOE thought it wasn't good enough to add a weapon that were just hacksaws with different graphics. They had no burn mechanic yet.