I like where the Striker is heading

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BEAT, Oct 31, 2014.

1. BEAT

It started out as a 5 shot Annihilator and then got stuck in limbo for a while. Now it's starting to get closer to what many of us wanted to begin with. I think it could use more tweaking but I like the direction they are going with it.

You can even use it to suppress choke points like a poor man's Lasher. :)
    • Up x 3
  2. barunedpat

It's not gonna change any more, if it do they'll just have to nerf it again :p
  3. TriumphantJelly

We can always hope.

8 ammo! We can do it, come on SOE!
    • Up x 1
  4. Badname707

If it's still underperforming, they'll probably keep buffing it. You can tell they're doing it as carefully as possible. SOE ***** up alot, but they often get things right eventually. By that time, people just tend to stop talking about it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hatesphere

Love the new striker. The extra rocket makes a big difference. Still could use a bit more, but its not bad.
    • Up x 1
  6. Maljas23

Agreed with all of this.
    • Up x 2
  7. BEAT

Before they released the Striker they were toying with the idea of a burst fire mode that would dump all the rockets in about half a second. They never implemented it but now might be a good time to bring it back. They could give it a severe COF penalty and maybe even change the resist type if necessary (not sure they can even do this with two fire modes on one weapon). It would be great for dealing with MAXes, close range armor and even doorways full of hapless NC/VS. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  8. Hatesphere

yeah it definatly falls short when it comes to anti max work at the moment, but man it is a close range AA machine. I killed so many valks/ESFs in record time with the addition of just one extra rocket to the mag.
  9. KiakoLalene

The extra rocket is nice, but you still need to be super close to the enemy to even use the Striker. Not very effective versus air threats, still.
  10. bladedcross

Neither is the Phoenix or the Lancer.
  11. Avlaen

The lancer Is very effective against air when fully charged IMO it can even hit libs out of lock on range without too much of an issue.
    • Up x 1
  12. QuakerOatsMan

Except both are still far better than the striker at long range AV, with very high precision. Do you not understand that the striker is the one ESRL of the three that is supposedly "AA-specialized?"
    • Up x 1
  13. Flag

Not out to render range though.
    Just wanted to point that out before people start to claim this and that.
  14. BobSanders123

If only we could name our vehicles and weapons.....

I would name my striker: "Rocket's Red Glare".
  15. MasterDk78

It still needs lock on to vechiles.
  16. BarxBaron

No one still uses it. Ever.

I am the only one......and whenever I convince my usual gunner to try it.

TBH I'm just bored, cuz' I know I'd be doing more with anything else. I was excited for the 6th rocket but its still just a meh weapon that never hits its mark.
    • Up x 2
  17. OldMaster80

Yeah it's the same here. I just destroyed an ESF which was already smoking but it's ok. It's not as brutal as it used to be, but it's now where it should.
  18. Tycoh

Still would use the stock rocket launcher over the striker any day.
    • Up x 1
  19. Zotamedu

I played around with a bit yesterday since the latest patch solved the frequent crashing for me. It is a hug improvement. The extra rocket give us a reason to use it. It's the reward for the risk of long exposure. It now has the highest damage per reload of any launcher and when I tried it a bit in VR, it beat the Decimator for TTK with a small margin. The reduced COF was also pretty nice because now it's accurate enough in the normal dumb fire ranges. Badly parked Sunderers will hate it. Hovering air already hate it but I have found that the AA part isn't all that impressive. It's not very effective against ESF that actually do strafing runs. Hovering lolpoders quickly get into problems though and so does hovering libs as long as they are not too far away. It's not very good at hitting even slow moving air at altitude. I think they have found a pretty good spot with the air lock on range and it really should dominate air like a bunch of lock-ons can since it's pretty easy to avoid most incoming damage by not hovering. Guess some pilots will cry about that though.

Anyway, I like what they have done with it now and I think I can live with the current Striker. It's basically the Striker I've always wanted.
  20. t31os

Someone send me a PM when it's finally worth pulling over an Anni(or default launcher) .. be nice to use that RL i certed over a year ago and haven't touched since.
    • Up x 2