So 32bit is no longer supported?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Magma52, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Magma52

Any good reason why? Is it doomed to crash to desktop for eternity?

To hell with 64 bit version. It runs terribly, even on my 64 bit system. Think of that...32 bit runs better on my 64 bit system that the 64 bit client! Not only that, we can't use the FOV fix with 64 bit.

I've never known an online game to be so ******* volatile and delicate all the time. SOE can't touch it without breaking it.
    • Up x 3
  2. A3DELITIST

Im absolutely sick to death of CTD now, its beyond a joke.
    Heads need to roll at SOE now.

Typically in the past 32Bit client has always run so smooth for me, 64Bit runs utter awfull for me yet so for me this 32Bit CTD is just plain bad news as it means i cant play.
    These guys just break this game a little more as the months go by. No wonder the player base is dropping so quickly.

I have learnt to live with terrible server issues and let it lie, yet now im faced with persistant CTD, im talking 3 times in less than 10 minutes. You guys need to get a grip of your game rapid, its in a very bad place right now.
  3. A3DELITIST

CTD CTD CTD :confused:
    Bad, game is Bad.
  4. queue

I tried to get compensation for my subscription for not being able to play for the last 2 months. They said no.

They basically blamed the issue on my computer and ignored the fact that most every other 32bit user was crashing as well.
    • Up x 1
  5. Squitz

Old computer, barely minimum specs, laughable GPU, 32bit, but it's been running fine with low FPS - I'm low maintenance. Until these famous updates during the last month. CTDs getting worse all the time - now i crash directly upon deploy. Aggregate play time the last week probably in the minutes, not hours, even though i've been trying to play almost everyday. Tried everything i found on the forums, nothing worked. About to give up.

TODAY i played with no glitch, hitching, lag or CTD and better FPS (for me) than in many months! Solution found in one of the threads here. Of course, as so many really good things, very simple.

Launch the game, select windowed mode, prioritize PS2 exe processes in task manager, and PLAY.

Thank you - whoever you were!!
  6. A3DELITIST

Bring it to their attention they more than aware of this issue and in fact are following this 32Bit clien CTD as per the bug thread:
    https://ps2issuetracker.com/browse/PS-549

Its a major bug and like i said, one they themselves are more than aware of.

Im still getting CTD, persistantly. No pattern, just random from my perspective.
    I have crahed no less than 20 times in the last 24 hours, usually only getting 10-15 mins max before CTD, sometimes multiple crashes in less than 2 minutes.

I will try the above suggestion of process prioirty and report back in 24 hours, if its that simple then im baffled as hell as to why devs cant just simply sort this major issue.
  7. queue

doesn't matter. I brought it up twice and they simply ignored that I set it and blamed my drivers, memory use and pointed me to a common reasons for freezing and crashing document.

I knew, once I got those responses, I knew (from working in the tech industry for 22 years) that there would be very little actual support so I just installed Win7-64bit on another partition just to play this game.
  8. JDProStyle

32bit crash so bad for me everytime i log in play afew mins then crash!!!
  9. SierraAR

Crashes seem to be fixed for most people by running the game in windowed, or full screen window mode (And doesn't otherwise affect performance in my experience). Give that a try, it might help
  10. A3DELITIST

Well after 24 hours of testing this i can confirm this is not the solution as 32Bit still CTD despite process priortiy.
    But thankyou for your suggestion anyway :)
  11. A3DELITIST

Sorry forgot to say, neither of those make a difference, still CTD, very very often :(
  12. SierraAR

Out of curiosity, how much RAM does your system have? There is a memory leak in the game that might be playing a hand in your problems.
  13. DashTech

Gah, how do you people have so many problems? I'm currently on my second rig and neither of them ever had these crashing problems. I never hear anybody in my outfit moaning about stability.

What are you guys doing so wrong!?
  14. FLHuk

I've used the same rig since release and have had periods of dire problems mixed with periods of no problems....

Bashing those with issues is just cruel, pointless and ....

These things do happen and SOE are really poor at dealing with them, let alone even saying "we know and we're working on it."

Anyone recall the Euro server ping issues, stage one of many they said. Nothing since.
  15. SierraAR

I've never had a crashing issue, except the rare crash after an hour or two of gameplay before I upgraded my RAM (I figured that was just memory leak issues). I also play the game in windowed mode, which has actually solved the crashing issue for some people xD
  16. A3DELITIST

Hello.

I have 16GB or Corsair Vengeance Blue DDR3 9-9-9-24, i always have about 10GB of ram free during game play, have heard about the mem leak but dont see my mem getting used up as gameplay goes on so im failry sure its not due to a mem leak but thankyou for the suggestion. Seems members here are 10 time more helpfull than actual SOE staff.

Hello.

Can you please decribe the process you are using to launch the 32Bit client? Perhaps the way you launch the clinet in 32Bit is key to not crashing? Please tell us how you launch 32Bit client. Cheers.

Same as above, please can you share with us the way in which you launch the 32Bit client ? perhaps its the way 32Bit is being launched thats causing the CTD. Cheers.
  17. queue

The people with problems have stopped playing! Notice the population on your server?
    • Up x 2
  18. PWGuy93

I wish the 32 bit client would go away permanently. I get much smoother gameplay on the 64 bit client.
  19. RuthlessMoose

Money leeching SOE amateurs....

"But you get a shiny version of a gun that already exists and giving it a new name!"

SOE, plz... sort this mess out. There was a period of time a week after the valkarie patch when the game had actually improved in terms of performance, only to then get patched and hotfixed 10 times over in the space of a month...