Increased Size of Red Dot Sight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Morsamer, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Morsamer

Is anyone else highly annoyed by the increased radius of the red dot for the red dot sight? It is just way too big to be practical especially at longer ranges where the dot covers up entire people.
    • Up x 2
  2. Keldrath

I think it's actually pretty easy to see now.
  3. Morsamer

How? They made the dot bigger which means it will cover up more of whatever you are shooting at.
  4. Cransoon

I found it not to be a problem on my Orion 1x scope (I actually think it's a big improvement). So I checked out the NS-15M, and I do think the dot is a little too big on that one. Haven't tried NC/TR sights, but if they're anything like the NS one, I do think that they could stand to reduce the size a little bit.
  5. Morsamer

So I'm guessing that means this is a NS issue instead of a Red Dot in general issue?
  6. Munq

I think it is way too big. I hate it.
  7. Goldmonk

I rarely use RDS so I don't care.
  8. Morsamer

Thank you for that completely useless comment.
    • Up x 1
  9. Goldmonk

You are quite welcome.
  10. KnightCole

I kinda wish on the NC x2 optic that the outer little ticks round the center red dot were further away from the center. I have sometimes been thrown off cuz its 5 small red dots, all very close to each other, using red hit markers....makes for a kinda cluttered sight.

I am now using the yellow circle optic......works better...
  11. Klypto

It's awful.
    • Up x 1
  12. Aeravic

NS 1x dot sight's huge size is a bug and has been fixed internally by SOE.
    • Up x 2
  13. Keldrath

The dot is obvious, brighter, and doesn't blend into the background anymore, so it's easier to get it on someones head quickly.
  14. CNR4806

Reflex sights are primarily CQC sights, and you're surprised that they suck at range?

That said, I have not actually played the game since before that particular patch, so I cannot form much of an opinion on this until I do.
  15. Cest7

If this is the case then that's great.