Accuracy...the defining factor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bubbacon, Oct 28, 2014.

1. ILoveLucy

The numbers.

They define me.
    • Up x 1
  2. MarkAntony

While low framerate can really screw up your aim the player is still the most important component. but if it makes you feel better believe what you want...
    • Up x 2
  3. Klypto

I must be a hacker.
  4. placeholder22

Pro tip: Weapon accuracy as reported by tools such as this have nothing to do with skill. Skilled players shoot more, shoot earlier, and take riskier shots.

If you want your skill to get better, practice using pump shotties. That **** takes some serious skill. For extra masochism, use slug amme (Pro tip: Do not ever use slug ammo on pump shotties)
  5. SenEvason

Doesn't really work for me. I like to fire at corners where I know enemies are so that they don't poke their heads out.
  6. ILoveLucy

In time you will look back and wonder why you ever gave a ****.
  7. Alkezo

But who was phone?
  8. Schizomatic

Your overall infantry accuracy is 8.88%. If you're hacking, I'm super-hacking at 11.41%.
  9. Klypto

No, you're nuts if you believe that accuracy number. That would be worse than civil war rifles.

That number factors in repair gun, medkit, ammo pack, spawn beacons, and med tool fires, which will never hit an enemy so their accuracy is always 0%. I have fired my repair gun 2,019,567 times at "nothing" which is why that number is so impossibly low.

Use a real stats site like http://stats.dasanfall.com/

[IMG]
  10. Andy04

lol umm this is assuming that the hit detection is working 100% as it should be and the hitching and lag and the other downsides this game has are all fixed!! Does not matter what machine you got if the game is just BAD!
  11. andy_m

What has a CPU got to do with weapon accuracy?

The numbers.

They defy me.

(or something like that :D )
  12. ILoveLucy

Silly human race
  13. maxkeiser

Accuracy is a largely irrelevant number, as it assumes that people don't run around shooting randomly, or providing suppressive fire, or shooting to decoy or mislead etc etc.

I frequently shoot to suppress, decoy the enemy or mislead them as to my intentions. I also shoot quite a lot just for the hell of it.
  14. Typhoeus

I think I've got like 14% overall accuracy and I've got an i7 4470k running at 4.5ghz. I shoot at light vehicles (ground and air) all the time and TR horizontal recoil is the worst xD If I would've played from the start to keep that stat looking good it'd probably be much higher I admit.

You are right though, a hardware upgrade will give you a huge improvement in personal performance. I was running with an old duo core E8400 @ 3.0ghz for about the first year of release where I'd average about 25fps and had a 1.6kd at the time. Was like night and day when I got my new rig which averages about 80fps give or take depending on which version of the game I'm playing. One patch ruins performance drastically (40fps) and the next increases it back to normal (120fps+).

I'm still "fixing" my stats that were trashed from the first year of play. On average I get about a 3.6 kd since I got the new rig. Some of my increase in skill is due to how long I've been playing and have learned a lot since I first started playing, but a lot of it is simply due to better hardware for sure.
    • Up x 2
  15. Hatesphere

m+ impressive. i have to stop taking shots way past my weapons effective range or i will never breach A+ on my TR accuracy.

as for OPs post, you are silly if you think the deciding factor is your system specs, if you cant even get the basics of the game down upgrading your rig will do very little if anything for you, as you will keep making the same mistakes over and over again. I have a rig capable of constant 60fps except in the most dire of zergs and i am having trouble crossing the 30% mark on many weapons, i know this is my fault for lone wolfing too much and not paying attention to my combat situation.
  16. Dramaticus

dont buy AMD ever
    • Up x 2
  17. Hatesphere

they are great if you need cheap multicore power for a server or something like a video editing/animation rig that actually uses multithreaded programing to its full extent. but for games its all about single core performance right now, were Intel is still king.
    • Up x 2
  18. z1967

You also use your pistols a whole bunch, so there is that I guess.

I think DA once had me labeled as suspicious on my stats page for T5 AMC VKPH. Made me feel kinda proud for being suspiciously good at killing flashes and ESFs with a carbine.
  19. Shatteredstar

Shh didn't you hear the guy before on page one? No infantry use suppressive fire or can suppress because reasons.
  20. Schizomatic

Before C4, I used to destroy vehicle terminals with my primary at point-blank range. You couldn't miss. Those oh-so-dangerous terminals were the bane of infantry existence, I tell you. Nothing like padding your accuracy by emptying your magazine over and over into a extremely dangerous and irate terminal.