Im about to quit..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xCable, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xCable

I never post here. I do however read the forums actively. Ive only ever played NC. I have over 600 hours played on NC. I love playing this game. Even with so many hours played I feel like I barely know the game. That being said the current state of PS2 is HORRIBLE for the NC.

I envision a future where its just going to be TR and VANU. NC will be left to shadow cap basis and scrounge around for leftovers. I am complaining not only about how much NC needs a buff but how many bugs this game has.

I want nothing more than to give you my money every month SOE however I see no reason to considering the current state of PS2. A YEAR AGO this gamE was fun. Now it feels like its worse than it ever has been.

-Ive shot people point blank in the chest and not a single bullet hit.
    -I get killed through force fields (IE spawn rooms).
    -When I die I randomly get teleported all the way across the map.
    -Phoenix missile launcher works maybe 50% of the time? When it does the only thing its effective against is engies on turrets.
    -Gotta unload an entire clip to kill a heavy with a jackhammer sometimes. Dead before that usually.
    -Recoil on our guns is horrendous.
    -I never use my Lib anymore. Who does?
    -Valks are completely and utterly useless.
    -The new force field shield on sundys makes it take an hour to kill one as opposed to every other type of sundy. Its anti aggro when you already had an anti aggro option for the sundy.
    -The meta of locking continents and forcing players to cap territory in a certain order feels very restrictive.
    -Vanu.

Not giving this company a cent of my money until this is fixed. I have been a member in the past and I want to be a member again but not in this state. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Diablo 3. Great start with a horrible finish with false promises.

To the trolls I already know what you are going to say so skip it cause I dont care.
  2. DatVanuMan

Well, good luck, man. Just return when you think the game has improved. Also, you hurt my feelings by typing Vanu, but oh well...
    Just have fun, man. Take a break, maybe a bit of TF2, eat some cheese, maybe a bit of garlic, and you definitely will feel a little better. Make sure you router is okay, check ping and latency before anything else, and try to play. If you don't have fun, then you may as well go to whatever game you do like and wait it out. Until then, so long, man. Wish you the best.
  3. BobSanders123

-Hit detection
    -Lag and/or hit detection
    -Bug
    -Hit detection
    -Hit detection and/or poor aim
    -Verticalrecoil2high4me
    -Liberator sucks because it was nerfed to not be able to murder everything in the game with the dalton
    -Valk is not flying harasser buff now
    -Sunderer shield op, let me kill it so I can restart the entire fight
    -Continent alerts are stupid and lattice lanes are stupid
    -Vanu op nerf now

As to the state of PS2 being horrible for the NC, you have a shotgun sidearm, you have MAX guns that instakill infantry in enclosed spaces, you have a tank that has a shield that makes it dominate CQC and ambushing, you have the reavers powerful nose guns and high speed afterburners which make you fly faster than a mossy, you have a super shotgun for the heavy assault, and you have a shotgun that is mounted onto a tank or small buggy that does incredibly high damage to other buggies and can instakill infantry in close-medium range.

Have you ever thought that perhaps it is just the server you are on that the NC sucks? Or maybe it is you. 600 hours and you still have no idea what you are doing? I know the tutorial sucks, but I mean come on man.
    • Up x 4
  4. lNeBl

Yea I officially ended my PS2 days when my tank shells stopped registering hits constantly. Actually it was after it failed to reg 3 times, I hopped out to repair and got teleported 100 meters in the air.

Now, I just check the forums to see if any improvements have happened.
  5. DatVanuMan

BOB...
    I thought we were brothers!:(
    I always thought you accepted Papa V's ways...
    AND YOU TURN OUT TO BE FILTHY FASCIST SCUM!

Just kidding, I know you don't want us nerfed:p
    • Up x 1
  6. DatVanuMan

100 meters? My God...
    What technology have we created now?
    Otherwise, give SOE a bit of time, man. Things'll get better over time.
  7. BobSanders123

That is my interpretation of what he said. Not what I think. What I think is below that.
  8. DatVanuMan

Maybe he's just sick of shotguns. I mean, come on, what would be more effective? A rail gun, or a shotgun?
  9. BobSanders123

Tis true, high velocity railguns are what the NC have always lacked. I find NC scatmaxes annoying and would rather have them some good ol heavy machine guns that fire heavy damaging bolts. The vanguard would also be pretty fun to use if it had a large railgun HMG on top of it.
  10. P3STILENCE1973

If you truly love the game......don't quit. But. You're on the right track. I was shelling out cash (HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS) in membership and Station Cash, probably more than I'm willing to admit. I was fed up with imbalance, bugs, nerfs, crashes, poor performance, script manipulators, hackers, having to log in daily to claim my "free" certs......I'll end it there, but the list goes on. I was not enjoying myself and found myself Disenchanted with a game that I LOVE. I was about to quit. But I didn't. I simply stopped paying. Not because I don't want to support the game, but because my investment emotionally and monetarilly was too great and my expectations were great. The moment I cancelled my membership (Over a year ago) I was instantly liberated. I absolutely love this game again. Are there still bugs and all the before mentioned issues......Sure. Some persist, some ebb, some flow, there's completely new issues, reoccurring issues but in the end, I see it as a FREE TO PLAY game now and not some Lemon Truck I bought that is constantly breaking down, that I keep throwing money at to keep it running. In the end there is no other game like Planetside 2. And. I can't believe that it's frickin' FREE TO PLAY! FREEDOM!!!!
    • Up x 1
  11. Trebb

Just ended on a high note, had an excellent last minute fight with the NC, things seem to be working as intended there.

The worse hit reg problem I have is with AP rounds on my tanks. If you spam click the button after reloading, it almost never registers. So stupid ;\
  12. xCable

I have between 5-15ms ping with a 30mb connection. No wifi direct connect to modem. Hit detection is flawed. Never used to be that way.

Vertical recoil would be great if it was straight up. However with weapons like the godsaw it fires like it needs to be mounted to a vehicle.

Some weapons such as the fury have been nerfed to hell. So much so that these wouldn't be fun or realistic weapons in any scifi based future.

Vanguard with shields are cool. Magriders moving across the entire hex like they were a world champion figure skater seems cooler.

Our Max is great however good luck finding a dedicated engy for longer than 30 seconds. Scatt maxs are great but they fill a specific purpose that has low reward values for cost.

When I said that I've played this game for 600 hours and it still feels new to me its because of the huge amount of weapons to choose from. However most of them suck. It's just the illusion of choice.

I remember a year ago when we would have hugr battles that would literally go all day and was balanced. Now it's like oh hey its the NC. Let's not kill their sundy points so we can farm them a little longer and make it seem like the battle is even.

I don't know man. I'm going to take a hiatus from this game. It's always had bugs but this shi cray
  13. Diilicious

sudden death is the worst kind of death. shotguns dish those out like.. well you think of a metaphore im off to bed..

also in almost all situation apart from long distance sniping id rather have a shotgun. most of the bases are tiny, the buildings are all prefab clones so you always know where you are and where to get the jump on somebody.

and with how next level jittery people become after 20-40 meters its not worth having anything that can soley murder somebody inside that range.

when all the bases are sprawling complexes with huge open areas then having less shotguns might be a benefit.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mitheledh

*pets her NC1 Gauss Rifle soothingly* There, there. I'm sure the mean man wasn't talking about you.
    • Up x 1
  15. xCable

Oh yeah forgot about the the jittery people, headless people and vehicles randomly ramming you from behind even tho they are in front of you and moving away from you (it's not lag)
  16. Mitheledh

The jittering headless people is one I'm really not happy with. I've all but stopped playing infiltrators since that started. It made sniping too annoying. It's hard to tell where someone actually is at long range when they keep jumping about. It's not lag induced rubberbanding, either. It's as if the client can't quite figure out where they are, so it keeps making micro adjustments to their location.
  17. Bape

NC SUCK ON EVERY SERVER ... EVERY SINGLE ****** SERVER. Now I can give you a big explanation on why you shouldn't have mention the nc max or .... the ****** terrible pistol but I will give you benefit of the doubt for you have never played NC.
    • Up x 1
  18. xCable

I mean I feel like the NC lack teamwork as well. I mean real teamwork. We used to have it then SOE nerfed everything that was fun with the NC.

I'd love to switch to Vanu or TR but I don't think I'd have the strength to start over like that. I stick with what I got and make it happen but SOE makes NC feel like hardmode while other classes see us as fresh meat.
  19. KenDelta

-Hit detection is still broken
    -It happens when it's a small scale fight and a vehicle is far enough that the spawn shields don't render , really needs to be fixed.
    -That's new.
    -Zoom > unzoom > zoom > fire should fix it for now , yea it's frustrating as it is and hope they fix it.
    -Full clip ? without misses? I don't see it happening to be honest.
    -NC faction -trait-
    -Libs are still good.
    -I feel you , I wish they were buffed.
    -You can still solo it if you have a maxed out utility pouch on your engineer with 5 mines , I like how they prolong fights but that's all
    -I know right.
    -I don't see a problem here.
  20. KenDelta

I kinda feel NC on Connery are "Okay"(especially when compared to Miller) but I haven't played on Connery lately.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.