More weapon variety: max melle weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dieter Perras, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Dieter Perras

Recently I've been looking over the game for what I want to spend my certs on and it's become kind of clear to me that there isn't a whole lot I'm looking forward to buying anymore in terms of weapons. There just isn't enough variety for me to really look forward to. (accept the skyguard which I still don't have for some reason)

So max melle weapons:
    High damage (potential to OHK infantry and cause high damage to other maxes and vehicles aka 1000 damage)
    hits every target within the maxes swing.

The reason?
    Well maxes are really slow big targets, hell everything in the game can outrun them and hear them coming so getting OHKed by one wouldn't be as frustrating because you would have a good idea of it happening.
    (if maxes are sneaking up on you then you have bigger problems)

Balance points.
    While using charge the max cannot swing during the charge
    the weapon swings at a slightly faster rate then the max punch.
    a melle weapon takes up both of the maxes hands.

The NC max would wield a massive pick-hammer as this is a modified version of the tool on the original exosuits used in the mines on auraxis.

The VS weilds an plasma torch as it follows the vanu theme of being technological as well as using plasma, like most vanu weapons.

the TR a chainsaw because there is no other melle weapon with more daka then the chainsaw!

All the weapons follow the theme of tools that could have been the original things mounted to the exosuits that are now modified for use in warfare.

Anyways this is just an idea I had for a type of weapon that would give a different kind of gameplay, and some thoughts I had for its implementation. Any thoughts on weapons that could have something unique about them? Thoughts on how max weapons would be too op or up?
  2. Schizomatic

3. KenDelta

Halo power hammers. yes.
  4. Hammerlock

NC have a shield already ... just give them a sword :p
  5. Dieter Perras

We all know this is the real reason you want that.
    [IMG]
    :p