What kind of event could SOE create to help struggling factions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ajma, Oct 26, 2014.

1. ajma

I'm Emerald VS and even though I try to ignore all the hate against my specific faction (that is, VS on Emerald), it's pretty evident a lot of people from the other factions want something done that will help them even the odds out. I don't believe VS is OP, otherwise it would be dominating in every other server, but I do think there is something going on that has helped establish the current statu quo. For the good of all servers, such problems should be overcome with the help of SOE for the game to retain a healthy population (and community).

So, back to the question: what would you suggest? Some kind of tournament? Maybe outfit training on a large scale with the help of the people from Server Smash? Plan long alerts for a weekend?
  2. Alarox

This is not a big deal at all.

If you complain about the right things then you can get a lot of people to comment in your thread even if the issue itself isn't significant.
    • Up x 1
  3. Yuki10

i know ! i know! ..... they could lock factions to only allow 33%+33%+33% ration on all servers and then fire all devs so they stop making game worse!
    • Up x 2
  4. ajma

Maybe so, but still it would be nice to have better community management from SOE.
  5. BobSanders123

Triggers: VS has overpop on Emerald.

NC and TR cannot kill eachother or take eachothers territory.
    Ex: VS 45% pop, NC 30% pop, TR 25% pop.

45-30=15.

NC Vanguard gains 15% more damage.
    NC Vanguard gains 15% defensive power.
    NC Reaver gains 15% higher afterburner speed.
    NC Reaver gains 15% more nose gun damage.
    NC Infantry can take 15% more damage.
    NC Infantry weapons gain 15% more damage.

45-25= 20.

TR Prowler deploys 20% faster, shells fly 20% faster, and reloading is 20% faster.
    TR Prowler moves 20% faster.
    TR Mosquito flies 20% faster.
    TR Mosquito nose gun RPM is 20% faster. Mag size is 20% larger.
    TR Infantry move 20% faster.
    TR Infantry weapons fire 20% faster and have 20% larger mag sizes.

In the event VS are underpopped apply the following:
    Ex: TR: 40%, NC: 35%, VS 25%.

40+35= 75.
    75+25= 100.

VS Magrider floats 100% less.
    VS Magrider deals 100% less damage.
    VS Scythe turn speed decreased by 100%.
    VS Scythe nose gun 100% smaller mag size.
    VS Infantry ignore 100% of gravity laws and float.
    VS Infantry weapons have 100% more bullet drop. In the other direction.
  6. AFK1

All they really need to do is make certs be account-wide

There's plenty of VS players that would gladly play NC or TR sometimes just to even the odds, but they don't want to start over at level 1 with no weapons, no upgrades, etc
    • Up x 2
  7. Fellgnome

^ This and/or an NS Mercenary faction where you get unique NS weapons but it always puts you on the least pop faction.
    • Up x 3
  8. Problem Officer

hellyes, that's the plan that's way overdue. It's easy to balance, adds a lot, fixes a lot.

1. Imply something should be nerfed.
    2. ???
    3. Profit.
  9. KenDelta

Oh my god , oh my god , % buff for prowler , yes, YES.
    Bigger mag and rpm for my banshee , I could play on emerald ALL day long...

I could see Klypto and Alarox having a raging B-cough- from the vanguard buff.

But yea , this feature is a BIT hardcore.
  10. Badname3073

Make TR and NC invincible

EDIT: Also infinite ammo
  11. Atis

How about Straggling Factions Event? Higby appears near every player of deprived faction and pats him/her on the head for an hour.
    • Up x 1
  12. FateJH

With SAW bullets.
  13. Moonheart

Let aside the crap you put after that, this base idea is not bad.

As soon a faction reach 45% pop, the two others should recieve a general order from their HQ to concentrate fire on the overpoped faction, in a reaction to the risk of being overwhelmed.
    This shouldn't mean that the two underpop should not be able to kill each other, they are not friends, but rather that you shouldn't earn any xp for it, because this is not what the orders are.
  14. uhlan

The VS aren't OP.

When fights are even pop, the deciding factor is not the weaponry, but the tactics and a bit of luck.

Because of the zerg effect at certain times, the preception of the VS as overpowered grows exponentially.

However, there are some nuggets of truth to all complaints.

The VS do have a tipping point in their game-play when population differentials favor them since they are the spammiest faction IMHO.

The NC do have a tendency to have a lot of noobs and a solid core of deadly (but jaded and bored) veterans which gives them a win or lose mentality depending on which meds they're taking at any given time.

And the TR must think of themselves as Storm Troopers in StarWars. Bad aim personified coupled with horrible tactics.

Ok, I play TR a lot, so that last comment may be colored by my own angst.
  15. asmodraxus

How about making it so weapons that you have paid for with SC on x empire you also get y empires equivalents when playing y empire.

As it stands if I buy the VS halberd for the Magrider, I also have to buy the TR and NC halberd separately. This means it can be costly to switch empires.
  16. Zazulio

Holy ****, that's a cool idea.
  17. PWGuy93

Been playing on Emerald since the end of August on both NC and TR. I choose the faction with the lowest pop to play when logging in so I play a bit more TR than NC on a given day.

For TR - leadership school and public shaming for the abusive microphone generals
    Low population, confused and angry spawn room camper-campers (they team kill and shout rude language at other players instead of providing leadership), no sense of coordinated team play, orders chat is often just privileged chat for incompetents who have no idea what the words meta, hex or strategy means. The rude and very rage induced microphone armchair generals instead of leading by example drive population away to other factions and servers. If the TR could shame these few overspoken off the server, then others would have a better time and population numbers might climb. Some pretty nice players overall, but the few destroy most chances of enjoyment or alert success.

For NC - leadership school.
    Plenty of willing players that just need better coordination across the different outfits. Outfits do use order chat but there's little coordination between outfits and non outfit players.

Both NC and TR have good pilots, just need better coordination.
    Infantry on these factions needs to diversify a bit, too many light assault when medics are needed. et. grenade bandolier doesn't keep the capture point, but enough medics will.
    Ground vehicles also need to diversify a bit more, too many blockade sunderers not enough ammo or repair with a mix of weapons mounted (could use more air deterrent weapons).
  18. Axehilt

Events the game needs:
    • When you die to a PPA as infantry, the game goes into the exciting "Basics of dealing with anti-infantry vehicles tutorial event" where using a vehicle to kill anti-infantry vehicle users is worth double XP.
    • When the VS control your tech plant, the game goes into the awe-inspiring "Basics of continent strategy tutorial event" where you don't get access to your heavy tank until you get the tech plant back. Oh, and you get double XP fighting along the lattice towards a tech plant.
    • When the VS are leading an alert, the game goes into the thrilling "Basics of alert strategy tutorial event" where you get double XP for fighting the leading faction.
    • When you die to a dual-AV Magrider, the game goes into the fantastic "Basics of dealing with AV-heavy vehicles tutorial event" where you get double XP from killing ground vehicles with A2G aircraft.
    • When you die 3+ times as infantry to enemy vehicles in a 10 minute period, the game goes into the heart-warming "Basics of outdoor combat in Planetside tutorial event" where your XP is doubled while in a vehicle and no XP is earned from infantry play.
  19. LodeTria

The "X faction is going to cap a continent, go stop them" events where decent at this but poorly implemented. If the conditions which cause them to activate weren't so common (50% continent) and the number was higher, say 65% or something so they aren't activating all the bloody time.