PlanetSide 2 Performance and System Specification Survey

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alex Windia, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Alex Windia

So as suggested by the guys over on /r/Planetside, I've come here to kindly ask you all if you'd spare a few minutes to take part in a little survey I've done up. The aim of this survey is to help understand what kind of system configurations are the most common among the Planetside 2 community and to also find out what the most common grievances among players are.

Hopefully if we can get a good response (53 responses as of sending this) we can get a good clear picture of what kind of systems a good portion of the playerbase is running and what grievances players and can forward this on to the developers. I know that the devs have various tools that allow them to investigate what set-ups users are using as well, but with this we can also share key performance measurements and bugs and glitches that may not normally show up on their systems, as well as some more personal feelings about the state of the game.

http://goo.gl/forms/Nvu5R9yDSX <- Click here to fill out the survey.
    • Up x 2
  2. Alex Windia

3. Alex Windia

Also sadly due to my own error I've had to refresh the form and wipe all previous responses due to a formatting **** up I made first time round which upon correcting removed all responses that had previously been for the edited answers (I can understand why Google Forms does this though). This was done to protect the accuracy of the form and to ensure the numbers were correct.
  4. Cest7

Cool, good survey
  5. Alex Windia

Bump. I really need more responses if this is to be a survey that's in any way accurate.
  6. BiggggBRIM

Nice survey! For anyone that isn't the most tech savvy I recommend using Speccy. Its a free program that gives you all the info about your system hardware such as physical specs and current temperature. Very useful for novice and advanced users alike.

https://www.piriform.com/speccy

Reading the results of your survey and under "Which of the following do you find dampen/ruin your game experience the most?" the answer "Poor Performance" seems to be the main issue. I've made multiple forum posts and topics before that graphics optimization NEEDS to come first above all else, now hopefully someone at SOE will read your survey and take it seriously.
  7. Alex Windia

Connectivity problems seem to be far more prevalent than I initially expected too. I have had trouble with packet loss in the past but I always assumed it was because I was playing on another continent's server, but it looks like a lot of people have problem with connection quality, especially with more people around.
  8. FateJH

Some of the "fill in answer" fields could use some normalization. For example, when it asked about graphics card, I typed "GeForce GTX 570" and was dismayed to find that a previous respondent had entered "GTX 570" but they both appeared as separate entries on the list of results. Additionally, some times people wrote "No" when they had no further input to give into a field and that showed up alongside the proper list of complaints entered into the said field.
    • Up x 1
  9. Alex Windia

The spreadsheet version of the results form gives a much more accurate image of the answers and responses so that isn't too much to worry about.

Also, I just need everyone to keep in mind that this is in no way an accurate image of the PlanetSide communities set-ups and configurations, only by getting more responses can we hope to form a clear and proper image of this, so if you are reading this thread, please fill it out and help out, I want to get at least 100 or so responses before I go and publish the results proper.
  10. ZomboWTF

good survey, though its a little rough around the edges

bump
  11. Bindlestiff

12. Alex Windia

Alright, giving this one last bump before I stop pushing it and start putting together my results into a nice tangible report. If you haven;t done so already, please take a minute or two just to fill it out, I really appreciate everyone's input!
  13. TriumphantJelly

14. MajiinBuu

I filled the heck out of that survey :D
  15. Bask3

bump for you!
  16. Zotamedu

Spent five minutes to fill it in. Hope it's useful.
  17. Dtswiss

This survey needs an option for render quality 1.4 and 2.0.
  18. FBVanu

filled it out.. nice survey

pls separate "poor performance" from "bugs".....

they don't go together.

thx.