Hit detection back to crap

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by day ofm one, Oct 20, 2014.

1. day ofm one

Dear SOE,

you successfully broke hit detection again.

Just few weeks after you fixed it, we once again need 30 bullets to kill an enemy.

Could you please be so kind and look into it once again?
  2. MrGrampybone

Never been completely fixed but I agree that it's been worse then ever last couple of days.
    Not only are shots failing to register for me but sometimes when I shoot no bullet flies out of the rifle at all.
    It's like I am shooting blanks.
    GG SOE.
  3. user101

Mos has late rocket fire also... press mouse button and it takes a long time for rockets to fire.
  4. RedBlack

Is this just affacting a few ppl?
    How is it, that i have to put a full clip of ammo, in to my enemys body, to kill them. But they are killing me with 6-8 shots?

Its really bad on Miller for me. My fps is normal and its not really laging for me. How is this just affacting a couple of ppl?
  5. tigerchips

I noticed once the other day that after several hours, the hit detection got gradually worse. I don't know how it works, but maybe some kind of memory leak?
  6. Soulfiend

I've noticed it since last weeks patch taking a 30 mag clip to kill or sometimes not even manage to kill them
  7. Soulfiend

that's been going on a while, i know a lot of players restart client every couple of hours because of it
  8. Amodin

Did they fix the hitching yet? I refuse to log in to the game until they fix the latency and hitching issues. Too ****** to play it like that.
  9. Hawkseye501

Several people on Emerald were discussing a notable difference in hit detection, I've noticed it myself as well - it's deteriorating.
  10. Sze wee

Experienced hit detection,and very slow response to cloak and decloak,pressing trigger cloaks my infiltrator,rocket launcher delay in firing after pressing the trigger. Congrats SOE,more problems on top of problems.

SOE is seriously lucky there's no other game in mmofps like planetside,if not they would have lost majority of their customer base.
  11. MuggieWara

Me,exchanging shots in my Prowler yesterday with a Vanguard for about 20-25 seconds with both of us taking no damage...Fun times:rolleyes:
  12. day ofm one

Hitching is 100% gone for me now and I did not notice any complaints about hitching for 1+ week.
  13. Turan89

Same problem for me, i only seem to get affected by it when a sit in a tank.
  14. MykeMichail

Definitely try restarting your client if you're facing these issues.

I was in a biolab fight. It was about a platoon vs a platoon give or take on each side. I was getting 50-70 fps. Hit detection rubbish. Couldn't get a kill without emptying a mag.

Restarted game, same biolab, same numbers. Back up to 90-120 fps, much better hit detection, getting 2-3 kills per magazine with little effort.

Edit: Not saying there's nothing wrong with the game and its all your PC's fault, but as a temporary fix, restarting every 2 hours or so seems to improve performance.
  15. GTGD

It's most frustrating because they will fix it, and then it goes back to being terrible. The patch that fixed head hitboxes was incredible, everything felt right. But it only lasted a week before this nonsense came up again. I would have really liked a server restart before 2x exp weekend because they know it's always crowded, but no such luck.
  16. SGT-Bilko

As a frequent TR with no PC/connection/malware issues - I see it as come and go for us, I have not played other factions recently so I can not speak for them. As for TR I see complaint after complaint about hit registration.

Edit:
    and have made one or two complaints myself

I pull 50-70 fps constant on my settings - still experience HARD spikes

CONNERY
  17. Amodin

I am still seeing the lag spikes from 180 ms - 1200 ms, hitching, bad hit detection, all the usual complaints after this Pumpkin BS.

I even deleted my network drivers, ran a cleaner for it, re-installed... I'm at wits end playing this garbage. I had nothing wrong at all playing this game until the pumpkin patch was introduced, and then it all went to hell.
  18. Talthos

You should take this post, and share it with some developers somewhere or something. Give em hope that they can come up with something BETTER than "Glitchyside 2".

Maybe we'll get some competitors going "Challenge Accepted". What a BLESSING that would be, :D
  19. Aaren

Agreed. Getting sick of being hit and killed by shots that I see go past me.