[COBALT (EU)] Extremely bad ping!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mer1c, Oct 19, 2014.

1. mer1c

Hey,

what's up with the server lately? Extremely bad ping, unplayable at times.

Usually I have a ping of 30-40, but lately (a week or so) it's going crazy high like 180-800, sometimes even 3000+

It's not my ISP, because my ping to other internet services is 20-30 like usual.

Ping is getting high at hop 11:

Code:
      4    17 ms    14 ms    15 ms  92.79.209.141
      5    26 ms    22 ms    23 ms  92.79.213.178
      6    22 ms    22 ms    21 ms  decix-1.eu.equinix.net [80.81.192.234]
      7    21 ms    22 ms    23 ms  te6-8.bg1.fr2.eu.equinix.net [217.68.145.102]
      8    30 ms    31 ms    29 ms  po9-1425.bg1.am1.eu.equinix.net [217.68.145.26]

9    27 ms    25 ms    26 ms  po7.bg1.am3.eu.equinix.net [94.103.16.86]
    10    29 ms    27 ms    28 ms  po2.bg2.am3.eu.equinix.net [94.103.16.122]
    11  296 ms  286 ms  272 ms  sony.customer.am3.eu.equinix.net [5.175.82.94]
    12  117 ms  113 ms  116 ms  amspsn-liv-gw03.planetside2.com [69.174.194.167]
  2. Janzani

High ping on Cobalt right now and I have suffered from bad ping for maybe 2 weeks. Sometimes it is fine and sometimes it is just too damn high.
  3. Ribero

Yeah, randomly connection quality drops to "Poor" or "Bad" and I frequently get hit with ping upwards of 400.
    Don't know if it's me or the server.
  4. MaDiv

Had the same issue but now it's gettin worse than ever. Getting desynced on EVERY continent. My ping is at 30-60, checked it every time when the desync appears. I must say that this happens to me EVERY time I play PS2, and now I'm at the point where I think I'll uninstall the game. There are no fixes, no help and no one cares about this problem. Seriusly, I'm totally disappointed from you SOE. U've implemented the PS$ code at a total cost of the overall performance of the game.

Over and out.
  5. Smagjus

As usual I updated my ping graphs:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. Shamrock

I'm playing at around 40-50ms on MIller, then i get a spike of up to 1500-2000ms during large fights which is of course unplayable, not everyone in my platoon is getting the same issue but enough are for me to know its a problem that needs addressing.
    • Up x 1
  7. VXMorte

I can confirm that this also happens on Connery and Cobalt for me.

Seems like SOE servers have **** the bed again.
    Would be nice if someone from SOE would chime in about this...
  8. FLHuk

Yes I'm suffering too and HAVE opened the relevant ports etc.
  9. Napsterbater

Just FYI, Opening ports does not affect latency in any way.

Planetside 2 needs does not need any ports forwarded.

And for other games, If it connects at all, no port need be opened.
  10. FLHuk

I said it as a fair few of the threads have had replies placed in them suggesting their problem was router related not SOE related.
  11. Napsterbater

And I was just informing you that port forwarding is useless.

If it was their router, it was not port forwarding that was the issue in the router, You cant "fix" any latency issue with port forwards. In fact for this game port forwards do absolutely nothing, zip, zilch, nada.

Some routers have firewall issues treating game traffic as an attack, some people have QOS incorrectly configured, some routers just suck, then there are WiFi issues that people blame on the "router".
  12. mer1c

Ping between 200 and 400 again... unplayable

And again it's sony.customer.am3.eu.equinix.net [5.175.82.94]...

Btw connecting from Germany via Vodafone, I've talked to several players ingame and it seems that users from Germany (German Telekom and Vodafone Germany) are affected.

Does anyone else have the same problem who's not from Germany?

Might be some kind of routing problem though. How can we fix that?
  13. Spankay

Same thing with Miller, I know it's nothing to do with my connection as everything else I play online works as normal.
    I'm getting random lag every 2 minutes or so where the ping would shoot up from 800 to 1,000 to 2,000 and then to something like 3,800.
    Now every big fight is around 400ms.
  14. MajiinBuu

My ping usually stays around 80-100. Sometimes it will say "Connection Quality: Poor" even though my ping is below 100, I'm not sure what that's about.
  15. Smagjus

Are you by any chance from Berlin?
  16. mer1c

No, I'm from the Ruhr area. I think the problem lies within the sony.customer.am3.eu.equinix.net server, looks like it's overloaded or something.

Right now, my ping to the test server is better (distance from my location 5700 miles) than to the game server I play on (distance from my location 125 miles)...
  17. Smagjus

Having problems again today although on Monday there were no problems for me and many others. Weird.
  18. bloodfuchs

I just logged off from Miller, at the start of my playing like... 19:00 CET ping was good, at about like 20:00 CET it goes poor 200ish, now it was 400+ bad spiking like crazy. What ´s that again? It´s 2nd day this is happening. Man how does it come EU servers expirience so many problems lately... like R.E.A.L.L.Y

BTW my ISP is a substitute of Vodafone in my country, he´s some sort of sister-corporation. Might be something related to the guys from Germany having problems with the internet. But the problem is not ISP since every other game (clasically and just like always, to point out) runs goot 70ish ping...
  19. nehylen

Logged in, zoned to Hosssin right away. Looked at the ping: anywhere between 130ms and 250ms. That's without taking any part in the action, and not getting in a hex with a zergfest.
    Logged out.

For reference i played during the day, even when there was a lot of action, it was usually between 30 and 60ms. Prime time is already the least interesting time in my opinion (zergfests, hard to find action where individuals matter), with the bad ping on top of it, no just no...
  20. Moisted

Yup, same probs as everybody else in this thread. Usually around 40-50 and since 1,5 /2 weeks it's always at least 300+