Ps2 cuases internet conection problems??

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by CARunner, Oct 8, 2014.

1. CARunner

Every time i open up the game or try to download it , my internet stops working or works super slowly. Help?
    • Up x 1
  2. FireclawX

Game uses bandwidth.
    Downloading patches uses bandwidth.

Doing either of the above will kill your connection speed for other things (youtube etc.)
  3. CARunner

so what exactly am i supposed to do?
  4. Assassin22

upgrade your internet
  5. Artifex78

Could be low bandwidth or an outdated router firmware. Check if there is a firmware update available for your router.
  6. user101

PS2 takes a full 750K down load speed for playing if not more... !! Min spec is 1.5 DSL for PS2... ATT slow mode DSL is really to slow for PS2. If you have ATT slow mode DSL PS2 will dump you. Or if you have 18 - 24 DSL that changes speeds PS2 will also dump you... for speed changes (an SOE problem that has never been fixed ) .
  7. Aszrayel

8. CARunner

Well after i installed it everything seems to be fine now, thank you! :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Napsterbater

WTF are you talking about now? you always seems to be spouting BS.

If your DSL line drops sync to change speeds (usually due to bad line stats) then yes ALL of your internet traffic will stop, how is that an SOE problem, tell you provider to fix it.

If you are talking about AT&T's Uverse over DSL reserving some of your DSL speed for IPTV, it should be transparent except for the lowered overall download speed, it it causes PS2 to DC then again tell your ISP to fix it, not SOE's problem.
    • Up x 2
  10. Belkor

How did u get it to download? I had a friend who had the same problem when trying to download the game via launcher. It would reboot his internet.
    • Up x 1
  11. CARunner

well idk i forced my game to download even though everybody complained about internet problems and then they stopped suddenly...
  12. mer1c

Well, look at his signature. He's got 384K upstream and 3200K down! Must be the fastest internet connection on the planet :D