Really SOE.....really?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by zgunner, Oct 19, 2014.

1. zgunner

How can it be that every single time that I decide to re-install this game that it actually gets worse and worse?

I downloaded the launcher yesterday and let it install the game while I was away from home. When I came back two hours later the game was fully installed, and everything looked fine. It didn't take long to notice that one of my cores was spiking at about 90-95% usage. Task manager showed nothing using above 1% of the CPU. I even used two separate third party programs and neither showed any process causing this weird behavior. The second that launcher starts up, my CPU starts acting up, and three different programs can't identify what the problem is. I have no doubt that my CPU is fine, as it hasn't acted up at all since today. I have to restart my PC to get it running normal again.

So really, what is going on? Am I going to be forced to uninstall yet again, without even playing the actual game? I just don't understand how this type of crap continues to plague this game almost 2 years after release.
  2. veselie

It also happens to me . I try to see some funny pictures on the imageboards while the game is loading but the pc feels like my old amd k6-II 266MHz .
  3. Aurcius

Is the game installed on the same drive as the OS? One thing I've noticed, is that when Download / Updating, the launcher must have all of the disk ever. Response times go through the roof. PC slows to a crawl. Solution: install on a separate drive, preferably a SSD, since this game should almost come with a requirement to be installed on an SSD with how slow it loads otherwise.

That, and the launcher does tend to take up a lot of CPU time.