Stop AIR complains, boycott it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AlCohonez, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Juunro

Or you could do what I do: Have a high stealth Skyguard and park behind the lines adjacent to a big battle and wait for damaged air-chavs to be falling back for repairs and then hose them down.

Some of the angry tells are hilarious.
    • Up x 4
  2. DramaticExit

I am not suggesting one "sits in a base" I am suggesting that people use the available terrain in and around the base to launch...

Oh my! Does a push involve moving from one place to another? I think it does!
    The rest of your post was once again redundant or irrelevant.

The game is more varied than you give it credit for. There are fights which are more than a couple of well timed overwhealming gal-drops. There are fights which cross open territory. There are fights which occur outside bases. There are fights where there is AA. There are fights where... You get the picture. You're painting the game as if it revolves entirely around the playstyle you promote, and it does not. It is far more varied and there are far more factors at work than you are accounting for.
  3. Juunro

Tonight, I brought my stealth skyguard with max ammo cap over to the TR warpgate on Esmir and chilled there. Took out a couple of high rank Mossie pilots falling back to repair, then one came looking for me but got jumped by a lib and a couple of Scythes. So, I whispered him "Tell you what, I stop shooting TR, you lure those jerks into a trap."

Then we tag-teamed 3 Libs, 2 Valks and about a dozen Scythes.

Got-DAMN do I love my Skyguard.
    • Up x 1
  4. libbmaster

Cross-faction?

Combined arms?

It's all the ways that this game promotes Teamwork... it just makes planetside 2 beautiful.
  5. Haquim

Frankly, I don't even get all the air complaints.
    With the exception of the Scythes "pancake" profile it is the most balanced stuff we have. And G2A weapons are very easy to aquire. Maybe I just got a different mentality than the majority.
    Anyway, I have learned flying the hard way. I got a bit rusty and am not at the top - but those "Elitists" you speak of? They don't kill me without effort. Often enough I kill them. And usually its not "Skill" deciding the outcome, but the correct approach and analysis of a situation.
    Maybe it is because I learned to fly in back in beta, when a Scythe could kill you from pretty far away before you could accellerate, and a Reaver turned a Mosquito to metal dust in mere seconds. But flying is NOT magic. Black or otherwise.
    It is training and stubborness to learn it. I do not see why the lazyness of others should impact the performance of people who aquired the skill they desired the hard way.
    If you really hate aircraft so much - by all means, take out your G2A launchers. It is what you were supposed to do anyway. It might kill newbs, casual flyers, dedicated pilots and elitists. More of the first ones than the last ones. It might stop the newbies and casuals flying, and thus improving their skill. But the dedicated ones and those hated elitists.... they will just have less competition in the air and focus on ground more, enjoying the challenge of a prey hits back.
    • Up x 1
  6. AFK1

People are always going to complain about air support, because 99.99% of FPS players play an FPS as an FPS
    • Up x 1
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

i have Phoenix
  8. CorporalClegg

........ I like it! Air game is fun. Let lolpod farmers be easy kills for the most part.
  9. Coolitic

Bind yaw to mouse, all problems fixed.

There are some things I want to say to SOE for not adding this feature since we have been asking for it at game launch, but I think I'll keep those words in my head.
  10. DorianOmega

What I find sad about all these people calling for an easier air game experience fail to realize is that it was just as frustrating for the rest of us to get to "sky knight" or whatever status you want to call competent pilots, nothing should just be "instantly easy" especially on the most advanced aspects of the game which is easily mastering the ESF, if you disagree then you really need to L2P or find a different game.

People just need to practice at it like everything else in this game to become proficient , most top pilots get in at least a minimum of 70-100 hours on the ESF before resembling even a mediocre pilot that wont just insta-die when they come across opposition. Get with it people, asking for nerfs to the ESF's to make it easier for noobies when the air mechanics are already dumbed down will just make the flight mechanics even more atrociously stupid then they are now.
    • Up x 1
  11. Bixli

..yeah ..coyote it.
  12. Thesweet

A wwww, you poor thing. Your rocket that makes cover null and void for ground vehicles doesn't work on air well. Oh wait! There is always the option of grounder! I actually use it over the striker lol.
  13. BobSanders123

Heavy Assault, AA lockon, Munitions Pouch maxed, Nanite Mesh Generator maxed.

Sit on top of hill and have fun.
  14. Alan Kalane

Well, nice. But quite risky. And most people DO have problems killing air from the ground.
  15. BetAstraal

Bleh, long before this thread came out, this is what happens on Cobalt: let's assume 1 hour of clear skies, nobody flies at any of the factions. Guess what you will have high chances to find in the middle of nowhere... A skyguard OR a burster max OR a lock-on HA OR an active AA turret OR any combo of more of them or some i didn't think of. Yea, for 1 hour of having no targets.
    Then they complain it's boring and ineffective (there were quite a bunch of threads).
    And then when you have an air zerg above the people on the ground keep leaving the spawn room thinking 'it's gonna be different this time, i'll dodge all 10 daltons and 20 AI fit ESF cuz i'm The Flash!' instead of trying to retaliate. And when they do, they come at you 1 by 1 like big 'shoot me!' beacons. And then 'air is OP!'.
  16. CNR4806

I find my "it's so hard so let's not even try" attitude in the form of sitting in a ground vehicle with basic anti-air defense and carrying a Grounder on my HA mostly fine.

Unlike dedicated air players, normal players do not suffer from withdrawal symptoms for not getting on an aircraft for days. We can go around our business and swat you away from the battlefield just fine, thanks.
  17. PastalavistaBB

The majority of people that ever tried to fly an ESF are already boycotting flying involuntarily. And if the few that are still trying to fly casually would stop flying, it would be exactly what those Elitist Jerks wish for. So this kind of boycott is meaningless. I could understand a "X faction is OP, everybody stop playing or join that Faction and increase their Population by such an extent that the game would be impossible to play" kind of boycott, but saying "Don't fly ESFs at all" doesn't help at all.
  18. Shadowyc

Defense in this game seems to be 60% reactionary, 10% because you got pushed back from where you were attacking, and 30% trying to grind a zerg to a halt. :p
    • Up x 1
  19. GaBeRock

My problems with the airgame boil down to:

overpowered lockons,
    air squads are difficult to make, find and mantain for your average flyer.

I also dislike gank squads, but that's just a function of my second issue.
  20. GaBeRock

jeeze, your list just gets longer. It looks like you want the airgame burnt down so you never have to look up again.