Some people are so petty

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JobiWan, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Tuco

Yes there is a small minority of punks and brats who can ruin an open world PVP game.

I hope H1Z1 has a rating system, a way players can rate players and then have that information displayed somehow when we encounter other players.
    • Up x 1
  2. Hatesphere

after reading some of the post in this thread...

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. patrykK1028

Just dont play with randoms.
    Once I let some random gun my PPA. He was shooting everything (tanks, ESFs, Galaxies - the best thing is PPA doesnt give any dmg to them) but only not infantry.
    Other situation - I was driving Harasser and searching for pumpkins. Some guy was walking somewhere in the middle of nowhere and he wanted to get in my vehicle. I waited for him and he got in. After 20s I saw some 1/3 Harasser going for us and I thought - I have gunner, hes doomed. This guy stopped next to me and started shooting. But my gunner didnt give a f**k about him and was just looking around...
    Its not that bad, those guys didnt kill me when I ejected them at least... But I think there should something about gunning in Tutorial
  4. DorianOmega

You could have just ignored the guy. If he actually killed you out of the blue then ya you should have TK'd his *** but he was just trying to help, getting shot once with no opposition around as you put it shouldn't justify a TK as its completely unnecessary and anti team play to do so, you ended up starting a petty revenge fest because you killed him...
  5. Brainpan

We can fill an entire website with these stories.

Spent over two hours fighting a battle in the Esamir snowfields that went back and forth between two bases as an engineer. Capture, lose, stalemate, rinse, repeat. Put on infiltrator, tossed out some recon darts from the spawn room and went afk since I had just been fighting for over two hours and you should be fine in your own spawn room... Came back to being dead from a high BR in my own faction and his rage tell that I was a crappy player and spawn room campers like me were ruining the game... Not worth my time to argue that I have been fighting outside, I was just taking a break.

Lesson learned. If I want to go afk, redeploy. Also, I hope he was just having a bad day since I honestly don't know him or judge him.
    • Up x 1
  6. MedecineMan

I do this quite a bit honestly. I have no qualms about C4'ing a sundy or tank when the guy goes and drives over 15 friendlies.
    • Up x 1
  7. t31os

I don't think anyone has driven me mad enough to hunt them down in quite some time now, there's been a couple who just needed taking down a peg, but it's been a while.

Had one random C4 my sundy last night(in a safe spot and supporting the main advance, XP was rolling in from the spawns), not low BR(so not likely an alt) and not a name i recognised. He didn't have a sundy, didn't pull one, and didn't send a tell. Baffled as to why that one happened(no enemies in close prox(had 6+ recon darts spread out around the sundy).

Jumped back a hex, pulled a shield sundy and plonked it straight back in the same spot(shield sundy won't be going down so easy).

Friendlies won't send me rage tells when they TK me.. :( I feel left out..
  8. BarxBaron

lol?

The true, everliving, "wut"?

That's just insane.
    • Up x 1
  9. -Synapse-

I had a teammate knife me to death, the following exchange ensued:
    Me: Do I look purple to you?
    Him: No, but I liked the shape of your ***.
    Me: So you sawed my spine in half? Very romantic. Great icebreaker bro.
    Him: Glad you see it my way. ;)

I couldn't even be mad on account of giggling so hard at the stupidity of it all.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ceiu

Sadly, you're right. Of all the TKs in which I've been involved, I'd argue around 75% of them are intentional to some degree.

- A few nights ago, I was extremely low on ammo (two mags left on my shotgun, no rockets, no resto kits), but a friendly infiltrator was hacking a terminal for me (see: him). Up rolls another friendly who immediately starts blasting the terminal. Worrying about losing the terminal, I fired a warning shot at the guy (which, with a shotgun... oops). He spent the remainder of the battle trying in vain to TK me back until I finally just let him; having already received a "final" friendly-damage warning and wasting a ton of ammo defending myself. The bloodlust was so strong that he wasn't responding to my tells or /re messages asking him to stop.

- Last week I watched a guy run up to a friendly sunderer and drop tank mines and C4. I didn't really feel like risking the loss of the sunderer, so I killed him before he could detonate. After I sent him a "what the **** are you doing?" tell, he responded with "lol, I knew it wouldn't kill it."

- I had another NC chasing me around for about 30 minutes, TKing me whenever he could and sending me "wrekt noob" tells. Turns out he was trying to destroy a tank by running a C4'd flash into it, and I had apparently hit the flash instead of the tank with one of my rockets. When I explained to him that I was using the crow (and thus, was locked on -- just unlucky), I was called a lying ****** or some such (don't remember).

And I could keep going. It's somewhat of a running gag within the NC that we are as much a threat as our enemies. It's funny, but also a little too accurate.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cest7

/report and move on
    • Up x 2
  12. Whatdayisit

Wow, so it is not just me that lives with this every day in the NC :D

No enemy in the sector just running down the timer at a point and an ally walks toward you and knifes or unloads a magazine into you. Kind of ignored it for a while but now keep a list. In battle running over people in vehicles or crossing a line of fire happens when it is just a blatent assasination I now seek to square up.
  13. TheScavenger101

I love these threads :D

Here's my story.

A few days ago I was run down by a friendly harasser in the vehicle bay of a tower, while running to the infantry terminal. Somewhat my fault running around down there, fine all good. A few minutes later the same guy AV-nade me on the stairs while trying to clear them, oh well **** happens. Next I'm stalker cloaking to grind the bloody CandyCannon and I'm sat by a bunch of enemies waiting for that sweet moment when everyone looks away. And I see a C4 dropping just in front of me. You guessed it same guy xD. Oh well he couldn't have known it's ok.
    A few hours later I'm enjoying my solo harasser and _I_ accidently run this dude over upon which HE starts sending me very rude and angry tells about what a horrible person I am for TKing him. It did bring a smile to my face actually.

Never fun to be on the recieving end I guess :p
    • Up x 1
  14. Goldmonk

Once on Hossin, I was sniping and minding my own business when a friendly came to my position, executed me with a Commish and took my spot. Sent him a tell saying "Am I ****ing purple or blue, ***hole?" I got no response so I turned the other cheek....until I spotted him trying to TK a Prowler. I decided to liberate his brain with a sniper round. I have yet to see him again.
  15. ZomboWTF

the scene in a horrormovie when everyone screams "NO, DON'T GO IN THERE!"

but seriously, some people are just frustrated to no end, on saturday a "friendly" vanu shot my AP lightning in the back, no idea why, doing effectively 1/3rd health damage, so i turned my turret around and killed him, drove away laughing

i don't get people these days
    • Up x 1
  16. stalkish

Think you just summed up the entire internet base for the last 10 years in 1 sentence.
    Gratz!
    • Up x 1
  17. andy_m

My own personal Sunderer Etiquette:-

1) If the Sunderer is locked, no probs, I find another, pull one myself (rare) or redeploy

2) If I manage to get into a gunner seat, before I shoot anything at all I ask the driver over proxy chat if it's okay to engage a potential target

3) If the Sunderer is under attack we have obviously been rumbled so I skip #2

4) If someone requests a seat swap I always assume that they are better than me and I accept straight away

I have more, but those are my main ones pertaining to using someone elses mode of transport.
    • Up x 2
  18. Endlave

This works the other way, too. With drivers being the jerks.

Got run over once by a friendly magrider next to a ******* deployed sundy while I was in a brand new, freshly spawned MAX suit. There was no reason for him to hug the sundy. It wasn't an ammo nor a repair sundy. He just felt the need to be close to it.

At first I tried to remain cool. Figuring it was an accident. However, he never apologized, which kinda pissed me off.

Then not even a single player could be bothered to rez my fallen MAX unit even though it was LITERALLY next to the deployed sundy. Of course, the revive timer ran out and I effectively wasted 450 nanites for nothing.

As I respawn, visibly angered at this point, I saw the ******* who had run me over PPA farming from a safe distance. In the spur of a moment, I then decided to do everyone a favor and C4 that mother****er.

Maniacal laughter was heard while the flames of the burning debris reflected off my helmet's visor. A TK had NEVER felt this good and justified before.

Sure, I was being an *** there, too, but I didn't care at this point. If people try to **** into my cereal, I **** into theirs.
    • Up x 1
  19. DK22

no sympathy here, that's what you get for being a jerk.
    three turrets manned and you thought you'd 'sneak' in.
    I just don't believe it.
  20. Moonheart

Idiots are everywhere.
    • Up x 1