Nice Hotfix! 32bit still broken!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sellkie, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Sellkie

Came home from work - wow, new hotfix, installed, started playing. FPS was nice, almost no hitching. I started to enjoy the game! weeks without playing, and now, 10 minutes of joy. BOOM CRASH. WOW SOE, great job! Keep breaking the game for days, then hotfix it to 50% of how it was before. And then, continue breaking it!
  2. Artifex78

Solution: Do not use 32 Bit. It's outdated. We are in the 21st century dammit!
  3. dezusa

But I've been using a 32bit PC the entire time on playing PS2.
    why upgrade when most of the problems are caused by faulty coding / patching? :oops:
  4. Sellkie

Right, i don't need a better PC for 2-3 hours of gaming every 2-3 days, it was all fine, until someone decided to let a monkey do the important jobs.
    • Up x 1
  5. MaxRage

Here is the problem. The 32 bit client actually has better performance. Hardly no hitching, higher fps, he'll I can actually fly in my mossie. But, it crashes all the time so I cannot use it.

The 64 bit client is stable with no crashes but has lower fps, hitching, extreme fps drops, and I'm unable to use my mossie at all because the mentioned issues.

Of course I didn't have any of these issues before the PS4 code merge.

That's why people want to use the 32 bit client now.
  6. Sellkie

I dont think we will ever be able to play this game properly, it doesnt matter if you use 32 or 64 bits, the issues are real for both systems!
    • Up x 1
  7. CzechErface

So can you explain to me how a program that refuses to run outperforms a program that runs slowly?
    • Up x 1
  8. MajiinBuu

Because 10 minutes of actually playing the game is better than half an hour of mostly 0 fps ;)
    • Up x 1
  9. CzechErface

He said it crashes. How can it perform when it's not running? What you're talking about is something like quality control/assurance. I should clarify: I don't think a program that is unreliable can compete with a nearly identical program that is slow, yet not completely unreliable. Heh, I guess you could say the x64 version is reliably slow ;)
  10. MajiinBuu

I don't think 0 fps is reliable. And the 64bit crashes too sometimes :p
    Example of 64bit problem:

That's a little more than "slow" don't you think?
  11. m00eh

FFS... the game was working just fine for 32bit three weeks ago, most 32 bit ppl will verifiy that, and it was working great for a few week prior up until the big patch three weeks ago.

SOE is too derp too roll back or even consider admitting to or correcting a major eff up

This is not about 32 bit, or 64 bit or your little sister or the pope or whatever. It is sheer incompetence caused by bean counting greed, nothing more, nothing less.
  12. dezusa

Yep, still getting this freeze+crash combo after this hotfix, such coding, much wow.
    I get off of my sundy in a 1~12 fight, then it just happens(memory leak?).
    been that way ever since SoE's "QUALITY OF LIFE" patch. now im forced to not use vehicles just to avoid all these freeze+crashes.
  13. Contego

Sony Online Entertainment obviously doesn't want the business of 32 bit OS users anymore or this would have been fixed by now, how long has it been now... 2 months? I would recommend either battlefield 4 or the Unreal engine version of C&C renegade called "Renegade X" (look for it on Mod DB). I've played both and I liked them almost as much as PS2 but they both actually play without any BS (if you meet or exceed minimum requirements) as opposed to hitch/crash/lagside 2. Happy hunting.
  14. dezusa

Source?
  15. Contego

If you need a source then you obviously haven't been paying much attention to the state of the game lately. Since you're here already why not try reading the threads in this section of the forum, dig deeper than the first page. You might also try reddit although most threads on this subject are buried pretty quickly there.
  16. dezusa

I guess theres no source then, sigh :oops:
  17. Contego

Here you go, http://www.overclockersclub.com/news/35361/ If this isn't evidence enough for you, just reflect on the 32 bit client performance in the past 2 months, it works flawlessly with no hitching and great fps on both 32 and 64 bit systems but it has had a CTD issue for about 2 months now.
  18. HanYolo

yea still broken - and the best part is: SOE doesn't give a f*ck about this at all. believe me
  19. CzechErface

I agree, it's time for you to move to a 64-bit OS. Stop getting stuck in the past. It's much harder to develop for two platforms instead of one.
  20. FireclawX

There are plenty of people who can't use the x64 bit client due to hitching and crashing.
    The 32 bit client worked JUST FINE until last week, when RadarX said on reddit that they were dropping support for it, and would no longer be patching it.
    Thus, those of us who use a 64 bit os and experience an unstable 64 bit client are screwed.