Sound Reversed

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tykune, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Tykune

I've been plagued with this bug for more than a year and I've yet to find a permanent fix to it. I've gone through so many troubleshoots, even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling my HD Audio Manager, Realtek, graphics card, and even reinstalling my headset driver. Nothing works, and I believe that it has something to do with planetside 2 as its the only game it does it with.

Right now, I am at the point that it automatically does it all the time now. I log on, and all audio is reversed. Right comes out the left headset, left comes out the right headset. Forward sounds like its behind me, and whatever is behind me sounds like its in front of me. This is VERY frustrating and VERY debilitating, and I am getting sick of it. It seems like as the months go on, PS2 gets worse and worse.

SOE, PLEASE help me get this issue fixed. I've already sent two tickets regarding this issue with the same fixes given, and little results to show for it.

P.S. No, I am not turning my headset around and it is not turned around. Its designed to be worn only one way and even if I flipped it around, forward and backward are still reversed and it would be extremely uncomfortable to wear it that way..
  2. Tykune

bump. still need help
  3. Tykune

bump again, STILL need help
  4. Wardark

I could use help on this also.
  5. Napsterbater

Is this integrated sound or dedicated sound card? What model card or motherboard?, rear or front panel? Have you tried adjusting the balance settings in windows and confirm you are getting an expected result, i.e. force balance to the left and confirm you are getting sound from left speaker.
  6. user101

Use ear buds... you can swap them.
  7. Scatterblak

No, you can't, if you use anything other than Apple. In a lot of games, there will be something you can set in one of the ini files -- looks like we're out of luck for now.