Can we please get a T5 AMC nerf?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Moodimorti, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Moodimorti

Okay let's look at this weapon -

_______

652 RoF, that is much more RoF than other ranged carbine - Mercenary, Pulsar C, Razor, even 1k cert TR Cougar
    --
    570 velocity. Is this suppose to be a carbine or an assault rifle ?!?
    --
    40 round magazine, of course it's more than all the VS and NC guns
    --
    Advanced forward grip, and a compensator even with low vertical recoil base. Its okay to not have recoil on a gun?
    --
    Hip-fire is same as TRAC-5 and other close range weapons. Better not give this gun any weakness right?
    _______

How can we even pretend this is a balanced weapon? It is amazing at every range and way too easy to use.
  2. gartho33

give me your EM6 and i'll call it a day...
    • Up x 9
  3. tf2hero

i think you forget that it has a 145 damage model, pulsar C and the razer AND your mercenary halve a 165 damage model.
    oh and 1 last thing the trac-5 has a rof of 750 that's 100 more than the t-5
    • Up x 17
  4. Pelojian

"nerf it because i got killed by it"

Tuesday you opened a thread asking which faction you should join for infantry play so it is reasonable to assume you don't have much selection in weapons/gear so you could call a ton of other faction's weapons 'OP' because you lack equipment.

T5 AMC is a good ranged carbine that can be trumped in CQC easily by a well geared player
    • Up x 11
  5. maxwell smart

no pls just stop.....

will u ppl be happy when everything guns sucks?

stop askin to turn this--->
    [IMG]

in to a that---->
    [IMG]

snarfing everything is lame....
    • Up x 1
  6. Fellgnome

I'm all for a T5 AMC nerf. I'd say make it a clone of the Mercenary and call it a day. I'm sure TR would be devastated by such a nerf but it's in the interest of good game balance after all.

Of all the NC LMGs, you'd want the EM1? o_O
    • Up x 1
  7. OldCuban

Quit whining and LTP!

So sick of all these " Nerf this " come mierdas!
    • Up x 5
  8. ronjahn

Wtf mods?

I thought blatant nerf threads were prohibited by forum guidelines?

There's like 15 of them this morning(mostly VS begging for an NC/TR nerf in retribution for the PPA Nerf upcoming)

Can we please get a bit of moderation?
    • Up x 22
  9. AlCohonez

don't forget 1.5x fsm, and high velocity ammo and great hipfire

but I'm happy they've got it, TR wouldn't be the same without their easy mode toys :D
  10. gartho33

6!! EM6 dangit!!!!
    • Up x 1
  11. Mxiter

You know that it have 143/125 damage tier? Wich means lower DPS & TTK by quoted long ranges carabines.
    Without mentionning that high damages per bullets are the best long range weapons.
    the razor MV is 560. Not sure that anyone could notice the 10m/s=1.7% difference

Considering it's low damage tier, 167*30 = 134*40

It also reload ~=30% slower

Compensator:
    The compensator gives hard drawbacks and just bad players uses it on this low vertical recoil low TTK weapon, especially since vertical recoil is generally not hard to deal with.
    Foregrip:
    It have the highest horizontal recoil because of its 143 damage tier: 0.2 per shot + higher ROF.
    To compare, 167 damage tier weapons are 0.175-0.1875 per shot.
    The advanced forgrip give it barely the same horizontal recoil than others long range weapons.
    It only have better hipfire COF than the cougar, the AC-X11.
    Any other carabines have even or better hipfiring COF (including mercenary, gauss compacts, pulsar C ect)

Lower TTK, lower damage per bullet, slower reload, more (expensive) attachments to buy to be competitive.
    The main strengh of the T5 AMC is the manageable vertical recoil that makes HS easyer to do.
    Otherwise, the Razor or the pulsar C, both have better TTK and accuracy.

Oh also askings for nerfs is forbidden by forum rules.
    • Up x 6
  12. Spude

Why don't you make TR character and try using AMC for couple of hours and then think if the nerf is necessary.
    • Up x 5
  13. Casterbridge

A nerf for the AMC I do believe we've reached a new low, good gun, but OP wow.
    • Up x 11
  14. Axehilt

DPS (because rate of fire is useless without knowing damage)
    1. 1606 PulsarC
    2. 1554 T5 AMC
    3. 1554 Solstice SF
    4. 1531 Razor
    5. 1531 Cougar
    High damage shots provide a non-trivial value for accuracy-based guns. The first, accurate headshot opens up the fight and the higher damage it is, the stronger that lead will start. Subsequent shots are harder to consistently hit even with high-accuracy guns (against long-ranged targets at least; closer range you can land an awful lot of headshots but it just multiplies each weapon's typical DPS by the same amount and things are balanced at those ranges.)

Damage Per Magazine (because mag size is useless without knowing damage)
    1. 5845 Cougar
    2. 5720 T5 AMC
    3. 5010 Pulsar C
    4. 5010 Razor
    5. 4290 Solstice SF (which by the way is included because, last I checked, it has the best sustained accuracy of VS carbines)
    For accurate long-ranged weapons, high initial shot damage has a certain value because the weapon you're more likely to land that initial headshot which will be more valuable than the subsequent shots because those other shots are less accurate.
    Velocity:
    1. 570 T5 AMC
    2. 560 Razor
    3. 520 Cougar
    4. 515 Solstice SF
    5. 515 PulsarC
    ADS Accuracy is also worth noting:
    1. 0.03 Pulsar C
    2. 0.03 Cougar
    3. 0.03 Razor
    4. 0.10 Solstice SF
    5. 0.10 T5 AMC
    • Up x 3
  15. Iridar51

I bear witness to acts performed by you at this location ;)
    • Up x 3
  16. Maphreal

No.

tl;dr: No.
    • Up x 2
  17. BiggggBRIM

It sucks in close quarters but is an overall solid weapon for mid and long range fights. If possible id trade it any day of the week for the Razor.
  18. xDesideratus

That would be a buff; Merc is one of the better carbines in the game, and a default at that! 600/167 is a great damage tier and virtually all its recoil is vertical, AKA the type that's trivial to manually compensate for. Besides, the T5 AMC is a great gun but by no means unbalanced, you're thinking of the TORQ~
    • Up x 1
  19. GhostAvatar

[IMG]
    • Up x 9
  20. ATRA_Wampa-One

No, he was thinking the Lynx. If this was a thread about how the Cycler needs a nerf he would be thinking of the TORQ.