[Suggestion] Buffing the NC6S Gauss SAW and the Vanu Vx29 Polaris.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Warlord8gunner, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Warlord8gunner

i feel that the Vx27 Polaris is the vanu's customize-able LMG like the TR's T9 Carv-s and the NC's NC6S Gauss saw. only problem is that no matter how you look at it T9 Carv-S has more attachments & is better in everyway than either NC's or VS's Customizable LMG. so this thread is about buffing the VS's and the NC's customizable LMG to be able to stand up to the TR's LMG. T9 Carv-s has a ammo attachment and has about 40 more RPM and has high velocity ammo. all other stats are allmost the same compared to the VS Polaris. yea it has better hip fire aim & reload time but that does not make up for the 40 RPM missing. or the 2 attachments it does not have access to.
    so i think its damage needs to be increased by 7-11 or its RPM needs to be increased by 25-50 and access to High velocity ammo. the NC6S Gauss Saw's CoF increase rate is wayy to high. it cant kill anything further than 30 meters unless it uses Allot of ammo up. it also jumps around like crazy. so i think it needs to be able to shoot for longer without it jumping around like crazy and its CoF being a little more decent. please keep feadback constructive. i dont really want one of those 100's of threads with "blah ur vanu wanting our weapon nerfed." or "blah ur vanu wanting your weapons buffed." if your going to say something like that please make it as nice and constructive as possible.

might be useful to have a picture of there stats while we talk about it.

Vx29 Polaris
    [IMG]
    NC6 Gauss SAW
    [IMG]
    T9 Carv-S
    [IMG]
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

The only "buffs" that VS LMG's need is for the Pulsar LSW to have access to a comp & HVA (I'd be more than willing to give up HVA on the Flare to get that), the NC needs actually decent attachments on the GODSAW, the TR to get a very slight buff to the CARV-S's accuracy stats (similar to the one the CARV just got [PRAISE MALORN]) and the accuracy improvement the CARV just got carried over to the Butcher.
    • Up x 1
  3. TheKhopesh

I personally feel that ranged LMG's in general should be more accurate with sustained fire.
    They tend to feel a little sluggish past ~70m compared to their AR counterparts (with exception to the starter Gauss SAW. That tends to do better than the Reaper simply out of the SAW's lesser need to reload just as the target is near death. Not that either are anything shy of wonderful ranged weapons though!).
  4. ComradeHX

Ok, give T16 Rhino compensator then.
    • Up x 1
  5. Warlord8gunner

i just feel like the polaris should. at some point be able to deal more damage to a T9-Carv S user than it should be able to deal to a polaris at some length. if both guns start firing at the same time the T9-Carv S user wins at any range. maybe if the polaris won at close range or if it won at far range. its just the fact that a 1 weapon cant beat another weapon in any situation.
    yea. but that is what battle rifles were made for. LMGs that could shoot & kill over 70 meters would be op.
    what does the T16 Rhino have to do with this? the Rhino is kind of a under-powered gun though.
  6. TheKhopesh

I've gotten kills with relative frequency at +100m with the Gauss SAW.
    (Well, I used to, I haven't even equipped the SAW since shortly after I auraxiumed it some +7 months ago. I've just been too busy trying to Aurax other LMGs or playing other classes.)

And honestly, the Battle Rifles are a terrible set of ranged weapons compared to pretty much all ranged 167 ARs and LMGs.
    Don't get me wrong, they aren't unusable, and they're better than they used to be, but they're still quite lacking.
  7. ATRA_Wampa-One

The Polaris and CARV-S are about equal in average KDR since the Polaris is a bit more accurate on average than the CARV-S which makes up for it's lower ROF but the Pulsar LSW really needs some love, and just adding attachments I think would go a long way towards that as opposed to tweaking it's baseline stats. Looking at things though, the CARV-S probably doesn't need the small accuracy buff that the CARV got (since it's actually really accurate on it's own) but the suggestion someone made about adding the compensator option to the Rhino would totally work in exchange.

The fact is that all guns need their attachment selection looked at since there are some that make no sense.
  8. ComradeHX

The Rhino also does not have access to certain attachments, is underpowered, and has same ROF as Polaris.
    • Up x 2
  9. Nehlis

Can't speak for the Polaris, but the Gauss Saw is fine. It sucks up close yeah, but it's a damn monster at mid-long range. Reliable 6 shot kill up to around 60ish meters, or 3 headshots. Straight up recoil. 0 standing ADS CoF. High velocity. A 100 ROUND MAG. It's one of the few guns that greatly benefits from compensators, which are near useless on most other guns.
    It's definitely the worst starting gun, which should have gone either to the EM1 or EM6, but once you get used to it...
  10. lilleAllan

EM1 and Polaris need buffs - bottom of the barrel weapons.

Rhino is a bit better IMO, but it would make sense if it could attach a compensator.
  11. Bankrotas

And at the same time Gauss Saw is worst performing LMG in the ******* game.
  12. nehylen

The Polaris is the embodiment of a contradiction, and since it doesn't have dps it should get accuracy. Problem is it's either hipfire accuracy (it's currently good, is the orientation of the weapon, but only LMG-good, which is not enough; it should be near AR-good), or make it a more usual adv. foregrip+HVA combo.

I'd rather have the latter (which is pretty common among other 652/143 models), but it goes quite against the current trend and perhaps that contradiction was embraced by SOE and is then supposed to stay? Also, that would imply that you should add options for "contradiction" on the EM1, probably Rhino.
    Then if you go the hipfiring way, you have to up the Bull (which has some similar niche) and ask yourself if it's ok if NC doesn't get anything equivalent.
    While it's clear the Polaris lacks something in its current state, more than the CME as an AR or the T5 AMC as a carbine, it quickly becomes a mess to balance without providing a feature that isn't mimicked in some way on other empires. Especially since it seems to be performing better than its NC/TR 652/143 counterparts.
  13. UnDeaD_CyBorG

The "customizable" LMG of the VS is the Flare.
    That gun is horrible.
    The Polaris is absolutely not bad, I love that weapon.
    It suffered from the LMG patch, and if it got a bit of it's hipfire back, I wouldn't complain.
    Com'on, just 0.25 smaller, it's not that noticeable. Which other LMG has that focus? ;)