PPA - PLS NO (It comes from a TR only player)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by day ofm one, Oct 15, 2014.

1. day ofm one

I just read about the PPA nerf and checked it out on the PTS.

Please no.

Just no.

I hated it.

I was disgusted by it.

It made me rage.

But seriously, there is no need to nerf it into oblivion.

A slight COF bloom increase and blast radius reduction could have done it.

No more 100% accurate spamming and splashing to death could have been enough.

It could still have killed infantry in few shots, you just had to aim a bit more accurate and release the trigger after 6 shots instead of spamming out a whole mag.

Please, I never actually played VS, exception is the Ceres Cobalt merger smash.

But for my enemies sake, don't do that to VS.

It really is not necessary to do this to the PPA.

I WOULD RATHER SEE THE PPA LEFT IN ITS CURRENT STATE THAN SEEING THE NERF COME LIFE!

And again, this comes from a TR only player.

Please keep that in mind, SOE.

Not even PPA haters want this nerf!
    • Up x 5
  2. Ronin Oni

• Up x 4
  3. ZephyrBurst

That's not a nerf, that's just a change. To me, it looks like it has far more versatility now. At range it's not as effective, and that's fine. But in close quarters, this thing is even more of a beast than it was before.
    • Up x 1
  4. day ofm one

I tried it.

After 30-50 meters I's call it useless except you single fire.

The PPA is a suppression weapon.

With this nerf it gets changed completely.

I watched the video, he used it on close range.

You can also use the Marauder on 100+ meters, just not as effective as a PPA.

With this nerf the gun gets changed completely.

Also note that the blast radius decrease didn't seem to take effect yet.
  5. Ronin Oni

RoF waiting on CoF reset is only slightly slower than old RoF with old accuracy.

Supposedly dmg radius change IS in

Max dmg (400 now) is at .1m

Min Damge (1) is at 4m

so at 1m it deals 300dmg

at 2m it deals 200dmg

at 3 m it deals 100dmg

That's how I understand it.

biggest nerf to range is the 150m/s velocity IMO... and of course the reduced mag size will also affect it's spamminess, along with heavily reduced max ammo.

I'm less concerned than I was after only reading the patch notes without seeing it.

As long as they're up for tweaks like they seem to be doing with the Striker I think it should end up ok.
    • Up x 2
  6. UnDeaD_CyBorG

You need 4 direct hits to kill a single soldier.
    Inefficient after 15 meters. A Magrider should never get that close to anything, maybe with the exception of circling a locked down prowler.
    Everyone in my outfit who got to try it basically says "Kobalt's a good gun!".
    I think they could raise the elevation a bit so it's useful as an antiair deterrent. ;)
    Still, I never really used it, so whatever. Maybe more people in the future will stop idling around in their tanks and do something useful.
  7. vanu123

Well looks like VS armor now have to go play NS just like infantry. SOE just make NS the VS faction trait because we already use them for our tanks, side arms, rifles, etc.
  8. Yeahy

9. CorporalClegg

Just tested it. Was expecting a massive nerf. Instead:

Its about the same effectiveness as the other AI weapons close range barring perfect aim cannister shots at stupidly close range. It seems to put out damage obscenely fast now though. I don't have numbers on TTK but it seems on par with marauder at the very least if not faster (certainly seemed to have a faster TTK). However, it can also be shot semi automatically for somewhat effective ranged damage. It can easily still kill enemies caught in the open at >30 meters.

Admittedly, it isn't as effective at range as before but it's still a downright upgrade at range to the cannister and marauder.

Let me put it this way VS, if you could use ANY of the three empire specific AI weapons, which would you use? Personally, I'd say PPA currently by a long shot and STILL the PPA post patch but not by a huge margin.
  10. DatVanuMan

'Specially our augmentation; Papa V's tech sucked compared to good 'ole Space Walmart.
    • Up x 2
  11. gigastar

My only issue is that the max CoF makes the effective range feel too limited compared to the Kobalt.

Maybe also that CoF reset takes a bit too long.

I cant call it a bad change, but i cant deny that the Kobalt is the better option unless you happen upon a tight group at magdump range.
  12. BobSanders123

They just need a gal to cover it with some honey words about revamping it.
  13. ZephyrBurst

That's the idea, it was far too effective at range. Again, the versatility of this weapon went up and what can be done with it. The Proton being my favorite weapon in the game, I highly welcome this change.
    • Up x 1
  14. Atis

good hot gal for ya
    [IMG]

On topic: arent elevation angles of ppa too small for close range weapon?
    • Up x 1
  15. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Currently the PPA.
    In the future, depends. On the Harrasser, PPA or Canister (leaning towards the latter), on the Magrider PPA, but only because Kobalt wasn't a choice you gave. I'd prefer a Fury, as well, but that isn't even an option, nor ever will be.
  16. OldMaster80

This reminds me what Higby once twitted about the VS players.
    • Up x 1
  17. TheBlindFreak

Limited range, VS players? Welcome to the club, take a seat next to the Enforcer Modified Canister. Here's a jar for your tears. We sell them to the rich for club maintenance money.
  18. Cest7

The doubled ROF is a buff, no doubt about it.

I'd tone the ROF down to the 200-250rpm area, remove the minimum bloom and add a first shot recoil modifier. This would allow SLOW, CAREFUL shots to go on target like the SARON. Innacurate bullet hose is... meh. Might as well use the Kobalt...
  19. vanu123

"VS don't use anything that isn't OP."
    "VS cried their way out of the relative buffs."
    - Higgles.
    • Up x 1
  20. Xasapis

He didn't.