Give the Harasser another chance to prove itself?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KO-tic, Oct 15, 2014.

1. KO-tic

I dont know about u but I'm having a great time farming strategically dominating the enemy faction with my harraser along with a BR12 buddy.

Currently I run,Fury/marauder+compo+F.S (All maxed expect FS). It's surprisingly effective 2.

I really do believe that harassers are underused.
  2. Diilicious

underused? I see them all the time, often in groups of 2 or more, especially on esamir
  3. Archiadus

Been using an AV Harasser for quite some time now and it's surprisingly fun, especially when you play it evil.

Putting up an AI turret right in-front of the vehicle spawn where enemies are bound to spawn tanks and Sunderers-evil. :D

In my opinion Esamir is the best continent to drive on, it's easy to spot targets and the nights aren't dark enough to actually be a bother also, the jumps :D.
  4. NC_agent00kevin

They are, but this is why:

Harassers were very much OP at their introduction. Everyone used them effectively. They could easily get the drop on an MBT and dominate it, and they could buzz off while repairing very quickly to take damage as they escaped since nothing can keep up with one outside of a Flash. (Except a racer Lightning on very flat ground - any bumps hills or curves and it's over)

Then they got nerfed, and everyone thinks they are useless and have been nerfed into the ground. That's just a perception though, based on their previous imbalance. They are still excellent platforms but must be driven as a flimsy buggy that can dish out some pain as opposed to a very fast an maneuverable MBT. They are not meant to go out and 'solo' MBTs but still can in the right circumstances with a good crew. Usually their job is circling the herd and picking off weak ones or stragglers if going AV. They also work very well for hit and run AI duty no matter what AI weapon you choose. your driver just has to know when to get out and where to go for safety.
    • Up x 1
  5. KO-tic

Well I found hossin the best, because infantry come in chunks.
  6. Archiadus

Ah, I try to focus mainly on vehicles, infantry farm is just too easy, and Hossin is pretty much a dead trap for me because of all the flowers and roots that get in the way of my escape / chase.
  7. McToast

Moin

Yea, I was gunning a halberd on a Vanguard yesterday and I noticed us gibbing several Harassers in a row. They really seem to be used a bit more than a couple of months ago. Nice XP.
  8. Axehilt

Definitely do see a fair amount of them.

However (and I say this as someone who almost never uses them) it feels like they still need a buff from when they were nerfed into the ground. They're alright in effectiveness, but when you consider the number of players to field them they're actually pretty underpowered. I beat them with 1-man vehicles all the time and those same two players in an MBT or Liberator are going to be a much bigger threat.

Just feels like they need a damage increase to make the 2-man requirement worthwhile.
  9. KoS-1

There is a harasser sub-reditt page....http://www.reddit.com/r/harasser/

Welcome to the club.

Right now, the hit-registration is the biggest issue. A harasser needs all it's shots to count.