TR, is it a joke?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Oct 12, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

2. Yeahy

Wait what?
    Technically VS is the middle of road.

TR has higher RPM, NC has lower.
    NC has higher damage per bullet, TR has less.
  3. AdmiralArcher

mainly because i dont think the heavy shield negates the .75 ADS that they have, so even tho the shield is supposed to make heavies move at lower speed, im not sure that if you ADS it still does.
  4. vanu123

NC have recoil, TR have bullet spread, VS lack a faction trait except bad pistols and NS weapons.
  5. Chrispin

No it's an S shape. Imagine how exaggerated that shallow S shape is when you're firing down range at 100m. As with predictable up-right recoil you can simply drag your mouse in one direction and predictably hit your target, you cannot compensate for a random "snaking" recoil pattern.
  6. Dieter Perras

As Ben "yahtzee" Croshaw said in his review of Star Wars the Old Republic.
    -Cows go moo, dogs go woof, MMO players say the PVP is unbalanced

And since all Planetside 2 is PVP it seems fitting to me now that there are so many of these posts on the forums.

My standing is that I don't see the problem, I play all three factions and the only thing that really seems to effect my sessions to any great degree is the level of lag I'm experiencing at the time.
  7. Sossen

I just came here to say that the CARV is good, the Orion is good and any NC player worth his salt has a Jackhammer in his back pocket. Seriously though, just make the EM6 the base weapon already.
  8. drstrange2014

I have a 90 something main as VS. I die twice as often and much more quickly as VS than as TR. TR weapons are not worse. In some cases they are distinctly better. The hardest weapons are in fact the NC ones, but even those are worth learning to get along with. Vanu weapons, apart from the Terminus and the Orion perhaps, are just meh at the best of times. I do agree though about the over nerfing of the Lynx.
  9. Whatupwidat

I gotta admit, as an NC player I bought into all the BS put about TR being "easy mode" and that - then I played as them and **** me if I can kill anything past 50.
  10. LibertyRevolution

I don't know.. getting shot in the back of the head from <10m with a saw hurts a lot..
    I rather get shot with a friendly 143 damage weapon.. :p

50m is the far end of VR.. I don't engage targets that far out ever, as the TTK is too long on anything that is not a BASR.
    Do people actually engage targets that far out??
  11. sL360

Came for the chainguns, stayed for everything else. I'm not the kind of person to choose my main faction based on how well I can do stat-wise, but I still agree with most everyone in here. TR stuff is weird.

I still think you're overlooking some of our best equipment, OP, but for the most part you're right. We have weapons that could use some serious deliberation. When I tried using the TRAC-5 after using my Jag for so long I was taken aback at how terrible the accuracy was, even with the forward grip. Then I realized I had about 4-5 different loadouts for each of my classes...epiphany.jpg

That IS interesting. Did Connery win or at least come close? (I have no idea where to find these stats, btw.)

Gee, I wonder why that guy's post 'mysteriously' disappeared. It couldn't have anything to do with you being right, could it?
  12. Demigan

Lynx? No thanks, it recoils so hard it is terrible after 25 meters.
    Cougar? I like to have a chance against my foe when inside.[/quote]

Now this is what I like to see! People who actually provide evidence! Give this man a medal, a bunch of flowers and a girlfriend, he deserves it!

One of the things to note... the recoil is pretty predictable for the NC and TR. NC goe's almost straight up with a little deviation to left or right. TR has a predictable recoil upwards and to the right, with only a bigger deviation at the very end. The VS... The VS are the one's with the worst accuracy (surprisingly). Their recoil goes upwards less than the NC/TR, the recoil also goes less to the right than the TR, but it has the most movement to the left and right while firing, making it the least predictable.

Looking further, the TR also has 10 more bullets than the Merc, and a ton of the bullets seem to have landed on the belly despite the deviation to the right. Since it has a pretty predictable deviation to the top right it's also easy to compensate, and land even more bullets...