TR, is it a joke?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Flag

You mind it because you're crazy.
    • Up x 1
  2. day ofm one

T5 AMC is okay

Lynx only on short range

Cycler TRV and SABR are Medic, you do realize Engineers can't use them?

Having a good sidearm really helps when having a bad primary, especially when you can not use it efficiently after 10 meters.
  3. breeje

i think the factions are about the same i play some VS and NC
    some thing are better in VS like the scythe and the max to my opinion
    the NC with there tanks and hard hitting weapons
    i love the TR tsar-42 i know the ghost is the same rifle but the tsar-42 works better for me
    so tomorrow somebody says VS is the worst faction because he finds a weapon that performs lesser then the NC/TR
    who cares every faction has some pros and cons
  4. Ronin Oni

NC have the best carbines. TR and VS are about the same (though the Trac5 is the worst default, TR has plenty of other good options)

TR have the best AR's

VS have the best LMG (no plural on that)

The "Best" in each category isn't so much to make them dominant either. The advantage is rather slight.

I also didn't realize the OP was only complaining about Engineers? Seemed like a faction wide complaint.

In either case, it's a complete BS "Grass is Greener" syndrome.
    • Up x 1
  5. Meeka

Nope.

I like the TR Prowler.
    I like the TR Hailstorm.
    I like the TR Armistace.
    I like the TR RAMS .50.
    I like the TR SR7.
    I like the TR Trap.
    I like the TR Rhino.
    I like the TR Trac 5 S.
    I like the TR Multilators and Mercies.
    I like the TR Fractures.
    I like the TR Pounders.
    I like the new TR Striker.

So no, not everything in the TR sucks. :)
  6. DatVanuMan

[IMG]
    Take those words carefully, young one...
  7. NC_agent00kevin

TR is in a weird place. The weapons feel lacking and strange to control with their odd horizontal jitter. However, I manage just fine according to my stats - but I drive a Lightning a lot and use the Vandal most of the time when not firmly planted in a Lightning. There are times when you need a LA or a HA, and the weapons just don't feel as 'clean' as NC and VS weapons.

The weird place is that if they were more accurate, they would be OP. I think they need less horizontal jitter and more vertical recoil. That or make fore grips function on a higher level.
    • Up x 2
  8. dstock

While I agree with OP (increased horizontal recoil for TR was a huge factor in driving me to spend all of my certs/SC/time on vehicles), I do agree with you that the NC guns aren't any better or worse at short range. IMO, that's because short range in this game is defined as 10m (Case in Point: Vulcan, anyone?), instead of something even close to sensible (I dunno, I'd settle for 20m at this point, lol).

I edited out the pictures to save space, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in. The T1 isn't good because it lacks a left or right bias: the T1 is good because it has VERY straight vertical recoil, and the L/R tolerance is rather low (wasn't nerfed enough? lol), leaving it as an accurate full-auto weapon that can truly benefit from the extended TR magazine size. I put it on the shelf a long time ago (I got a TAR), but I've started using it again once in awhile, and it's still great. I use the Pulsar on my VS, because it handles a lot like the T1, and I like to burst fire. Likewise, I have a Carnage AR on my NC, because I didn't like the press&hold style of the Gauss Saw.

Now, considering the Carbines, it took me a long time to realize, but I'm the statistical outlier in this group. I love the Trac-5. I played this game for almost 20 months with a TR main character, primary class as Engi, and never spent a single cert on it (I broke down and bought a foregrip over the summer). The Trac-5 is the only carbine I own, still. (Actually, I may have a Jaguar now that I think about it, but I don't even know, so that tells you how much I use it).

I got kinda lost, but my point was that different weapons cater to different playstyles. The Trac-5 is a superlative weapon for people that like to manually burst, like myself. It has low FSR, an easily countered bias, and decent grouping. I never bothered to upgrade it or change carbines, because I was plenty satisfied with it. I didn't even know people didn't like it until I began reading that on the forums, after the changes that increased TR horizontal recoil ;)

I think you have the cart before the horse, here. We get more bullets because that is supposedly our faction flavor: lower damage, more bullets. You know, the Dakka Dogma.

What actually happened is we got more, random horizontal recoil because our low-damage/high magazine count weapons were over-performing (judging solely by what SOE has done since release), not the other way around. Sorry, not really trying to argue semantics, but I think this is one spot where it's important to accurately identify both the cause and effect.

Just wanted to thank you for quoting that before it was removed, been awhile since I had a good dose of Ztiller. You want to talk about the master of projection, haha...
  9. radrussian2

which TR weapons are you using, because the ones i use are freakin lazers. what you should be mad about is their useless tank. and not really anything else. i **** 10x harder with my TR guns than i do with vanu. they feel better. its probably just personal preference.
  10. Demigan

TR isn't a joke. I play mainly NC, but when I use one of my TR toons that accuracy the weapons have... heavenly.
    Yes, the TR does have a problem with a horizontal recoil that's much harder to compensate for... except when you use trigger discipline. You actually need less trigger discipline with the TR weapons I used so far than with any, any of the NC weapons I've used.
    Since I use NC most, my trigger discipline is very high, you will only hit the first two hits if you don't. NC has great abilities with trigger discipline. TR seem to need much less trigger discipline, in fact it seems much more (working) spray and pray than the NC. At least the TR shoot much more bullets to make up for any misses.
  11. Tasp

Sooooo from what I'm seeing in this thread, no one on TR knows how to Burstfire? Come play NC, we will teach you.
    • Up x 1
  12. Bingabong

This is true. The TR have become a joke. The vanu have big pluses with very little downside, well and truly imbalanced. The NC are fine. The NC are a good side. The TR have very few pluses. The only plus I can think of is long range tank fire when the Prowler can safely lock down. There's very few places where the terrain suits this, most on Indar.

The devs quite plainly make balance decisions without really thinking about it and it's a proven fact they don't test their decisions. Hence what they have done and are still doing to the Striker. That so called buff most recently made very little difference, its whole concept now is borked. The devs are screwing up and spoiling what was a good game by making inane decisions.

The recoil on the TMG 50 makes it pointless. Anything that effects recoil or weapon accuracy should not be flavour of the 3 sides. In this the sides should be equal. You create flavour in other ways. Sort it out devs and get yourselves in gear, your decision making is abominable.
  13. MadMaukh

The thing is none of the TR weapons feel.. Fun.

They all require effort and time to get good at, but on the flip side your weapons on the NC and VS are easily masterable to the newbs. It's partially why on briggs all the schoolkids tend to be either NC or VS leaving TR with daytime underpop.
    But I do like on TR; The unity, CARV, AMC, and HSR-1.
  14. Person7man

There's a reason advanced forward grip is an attachment.
    • Up x 1
  15. Tasp

Godsaw is totally newb friendly, should be the default trainer gun across all factions. /sarcasm.
  16. Yeahy

"Fun" has nothing to do with it unfortunately.
    I could argue that VS weapons don't feel "fun".
  17. Syphers

lol look again at HadesR's comparison it's basically a straight line, i'd rather use that than something that flinch exaggeratedly to one side.
  18. MadMaukh

VS weapons have a unqiue aspect and feel to them as do NC. accuracy and hard-hitting.
    We just get.. mag size.
    TR weapons are basically the plain vanilla version, add that with little variety between weapon sounds and effects and they feel less fun,
  19. Flag

No you're plain old crazy. :p
    • Up x 2
  20. MadMaukh

I actually agree with this because the NC default weapon actually trains you to control your recoil. Controlling recoil= more accurate newbs = equals less TKs.