Add a implant or suit slot to infiltrator that resists vehicle thermals

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Alastyn, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Alastyn

carefully look on both the links and then reply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
    v=3bKyR4yugZ8 https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/what-would-happen-if-you-removed-thermal-optics-from-vehicles.180490/

make a implant that counter thermals on vehicles instead of removing it. if its too much then give the implant to only infiltrator or a infiltrator passive ability cert line that reduces the range in which he is viewed in thermals by reducing the range.

coz he dosent want to be noticed by painted gold when he is trying so hard to camouflage himself against the terrain. and he is no threat to your tank anyway coz he dont have c4 like other classes.
    the weakest of all the classes who tries to hide in bushes and other places make it a bit easier for infi to move in tank fights to enemy bases without painting him in gold color.

hsnv will still work on him or can also be made as a cert line any infi can choose one either use resist thermals or resist hsnv.

share your views
  2. Kirppu1

The inflitrator is already easy as hell and this would make it even easier. It is NOT a head-on combat - class thus you should be avoiding tanks and other vehicles in the first place
    • Up x 3
  3. Jac70

No, there was a time when thermal scopes could see Infs and it made the class near pointless.
  4. Alastyn

what do want to say. is the infiltrator ok now or can it be improved a bit.

right now the thermals are still farm vision with no counter to it. saving a infiltrator class from the farm isnt going to change much?
  5. Predator01cz

Infiltrators are fine as is.. They're already the cheeziest and easiest of class

I very rarely play infiltrator. Yet every time I go infil my KD skyrockets and I don't even use SMGs (cuz SMGs are weapons for the cheeziest of scrubs)

Hell the new optics mechanism even allows you to quickscope making the whole infilfarm even easier.

You're already invisible on thermal when you're cloaked. If you want to stay invisible longer, perhaps pour few certs into your cloak.
  6. LibertyRevolution

There was going to be an implant that hid you from thermals, we down voted the crap out of it.

Certing cloak doesn't make it last any longer.
    • Up x 3
  7. RebelRanger

Cheeziest and easiest? I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about infils here? I think you can ask about anyone and they'll say the infil isn't the cheesiest and easiest. Sure you can set up on a hill and snipe people, but that really doesn't do much to a fight.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing and implant that hides the user from thermals. Few people would use it as it would be situational but it would really come in handy in some scenarios. Plus the tanker who's using thermals would still be able to see the person, just they wouldn't light up like a christmas tree. I'd say all classes should be able to get it though. And it shoulnd't work against HS/NV.
  8. Alastyn

everything in this game has a counter then why isnt there a counter to thermals

atually i thought it like that the thermal resist suit slot will be available to all except heavy like

1. medic suit slot equiped to themal resist - c4 disabled.
    2. la thermal equiped c4 disabled.
    3 infi with thermal resist passive or implant abilty

it wud stop vechile farm and protect vechiles from the c4 also coz disabled.

well dont know what was the exact balance problem but the community decides. it wudnt have made much change on the infis but wud be able to use those terrain and bushes properly even if a vehicle with thermal is present nearby see ya guys have fun.
  9. Achronos

I honestly think the issue with vehicle thermals are waaaay overblown.
    - People seems to be under the impression that once the vehicle sees you on thermals, that you're dead. Considering the nerfed state of vehicle mounted weapons in this game, that's far from the case. Perhaps taking cover and hiding behind it instead of just relying solely on your cloaking device in the open? It's not like you need to stare at the vehicle to know where it is when you can hear it like 50m off.
    - Also many seem to forget that vehicles have limited sight ranges compared to infantry, they can't turn as fast to scan for threats, thus look around less, and it's unlikely that they can hear you running past them anyway (unless you're spamming the cloaking button). I've yet to feel entirely outgunned when countering vehicles unless I'm either not in cover or the gunners are actively scanning around, in which case they would see me regardless of thermals. Where are the complaints about the HS/NV?
    - Vehicle farm is a result of base design, gameplay mechanics, and most importantly player choice. I don't need to use my thermals when silly zerglings continue to run through the same door for 10 minutes and die repeatedly to my AP rounds.

tl;dr thermals are fine, people just need to use their abilities/tools better is all.
  10. Alastyn

i want u to go from point a to b in open field even using amerish forest like terrain with me using a tank and thermals and your using a default cloak. then tell me its the fair game when i will kill u all the time in 100 tries.

use bushes use terrain just use what u can do and go from point a to b without vehicles. because the test is against infi on foot in many terrains vs tanks.

anytime u want to except this challenge tell me am ready i am going to take u on a ride with this the thermal ride :D
  11. Achronos

An amerish forest is not an open field, and if it were an open field, it wouldn't matter what level cloak I have, it only affects recharge rate, the instant I decloak I'd be in the same situation regardless of my cloaking level. And lastly, why would you even walk up in range of tank thermals to begin with? You're setting yourself up for a situation where you will get killed.

If this were a normal game where you aren't actively hunting a single infiltrator in an entire hex it would go like this:
    1. I spawn a wraith flash.
    2. I drive out of your thermal range.
    3. Assuming I somehow get forced off the flash, I would cloak, and wait until you run out of patience or I redeploy :p
  12. Alastyn

the condition was not to use any vechiles i personally do that with wraith i know all tha.

but without vehicle can u infiltrate the other guys base if a tank sees u in thermals or is in middle of your path in many situation and you are in middle of your way to that base. infi are infiltrator we shud never highlight the guys who infiltrate the bases.

one more situation u climbed a near by hill to snipe and thinking enemy wont find u and a tank goes near u or it saw u from a distance using thermals one shot kill. u have to run away from your sniping spot and cant snipe untill hes gone.

i just want to make those bushes a little safer to hide in thats all :p
  13. Kirppu1

You seriously think that you are going to make much of an impact to the fight on yourself?
  14. Alastyn

you have gone off the topic of discussion but id say more people will be using this suit slot then u think and sometimes maybe a majority of em.

example snipers on top of tower in quartridge on inda sniping people and tanks shooting at them on the platform. i will use it there so i am hard to shoot by the tanks. it can be applied in lots of forms.

and i wont be alone infi who will be using this :D
  15. Kirppu1

vehicles are meant to take down infantry, if i cannot see infiltrators thats one class i can't do anything against
  16. Goingback

same here, Infi can't do anything against (vehicle)

And you can't kill what you can't see.. oh no wait, you can even if you don't see? damn..
  17. Rahk

I usually drop a spawn beacon next to really annoying Vehicles as an inf for my squad. Usually solves the problem.

As for an implant for blocking thermals, I'm not so sure it's needed. I mean thermals is supposed to make infantry and other sources of heat stick out like a sore thumb. What I'd rather see is, some type of effect that EMP's would have on vehicle specials or an incendiary grenade that could block the vision for a small period of time.
  18. LibertyRevolution

Fun Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=22v1SPe8e3s#t=47

Vehicle thermal should not highlight infantry, only vehicles.

You need me to make up a reason why? SOE could just says our personal shields dampen our heat and move on..
    But the vehicle players need their easy mode crutch.. so it will never happen.